Question for Pilots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Pilots.

I never pilot the jets or bombers. No joystick. I'm wondering if anyone of you ever land jets back on the carrier, or rather - how hard is it?

Re: Question for Pilots.

Yeah I do if I need repairs and feel my back is safe. It's not hard, but you need to hit the break maybe 700m before.

Comment

It's easily imo. Low throttle, use afterburner if your speed goes to low. At 450 speed your landing gear goes down. And you can land

Muha, nice with flaps/brakes :P

Comment

and if it looks like you just can't stop in time, jump out and the plane will halt immediately

Comment

But if you are really low on vehicle HP then you save more time by just bailing and wait for a new one (but chances are someone else gets in). Because if you land you have to turn and all that stuff as well (If you don't have hovering plane).

Comment

Was asking cause I've seen plenty of take offs, but not one landing. Not ONE.

Comment

Because it is time consuming and almost a suicide gesture if enemy air presence is strong. It's better for pilots to simply go over the runway to fully reammo and partially repair than, land, turn around 180 degrees or back up, and take off again.

Comment

As the other guy said, once you are about 700m away from it, start to slow down. Once you start feeling yourself drifting down, flare your nose up just a hair.

Although, I wouldn't recommend landing, you'll get nuked by another jet that comes by.

Comment

dont understand why everyone use joystick to pilot a jet ?!
                  i never use it and i almost never got shotdown !

Comment

I don't own a joystick and am currently ranked 34th for aviator. Anyone who uses the excuse I can't fly jets because I don't have a joystick is lying to themselves.

Comment

I don't know how you kill anything in a jet bomber. Planes go to damn fast

Comment

Originally posted by Pistolsex
                        I don't know how you kill anything in a jet bomber. Planes go to damn fast
                        No, they go WAAY too slow, you should be able to fly at real jet speeds compared to vehicles, that would be fun, but unbalanced, since then jets would rape even more.

Comment

Originally posted by ammar
                          dont understand why everyone use joystick to pilot a jet ?!
                          i never use it and i almost never got shotdown !
                          i know, im keyboard and mouse and i dont get shot down

Comment

Originally posted by zacman13245
                            i know, im keyboard and mouse and i dont get shot down
                            What sensitivity do you use?

Comment

it's because most of the pilots in BF2 don't know how to dogfight, just drop bombs.

Comment

Working...
                              X