Civilians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilians

I thought this after seeing the thred 'U know what they need next'.

Have some random civilians running around, men, women and children. I know it would take some extra skinning and programming etc. but it would add to the reality of it. Tho' after awhile at it, I can see myself getting annoyed at them.

kill deductions:

-4 for male/female civ
    -8 for a kid
    -2 for random domestic pets and farmyard animals

I think this is the next step for online FPS games, to create a believable conflict arena with civilian NPCs.

edit: Now I think about it, perhaps -4 per civilian for the killer and +5 ticket gain to the enemy. Though it could become a TK'ers dream.

Re: Civilians

YES!

This is such a good idea, I also think that There should be cows and stuff milling around that you can hide behind lol

Not too many people though, or it'd be stupid, the tk system is bad enough as it is

ben,

Comment

No this isn't Americas Army sorry, this is Battlefield where you run around killing people.

Comment

yes this game is supposed to be fun not TOO real!

Comment

lol and you wouldn't have to worry about the cow you are hiding behind getting killed by the enemy to get you either because the cow is sacred!

I think a game with those features you mentioned would be very cool, in Iraq one of the biggest problems for our armed forces is the fact that the enemy BLENDS in with the civ population. It would add a lot to the depth of any game, BUT not for BF2. BF2 is not meant to be as realistic as this. its more a arcade shooter.

Now other games like any TOM CLANCY title would only be improved by this. would work great for a tacticle shooter for sure.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. It was just some thoughts to slow down gameplay. Don't get me wrong, I love SF the way it is, but the dynamics of BF2:SF could lend itself to some good slower paced squad gameplay.
            Probably in a mod (that no one ever plays)

Comment

-1 for knocking over ornaments in civilian houses
              -1 for unneccessary noise in a built up area

Comment

-200 for being an american

Comment

Originally posted by Loop
                  -200 for being an american
                  Lol.

I think it's a good idea. As long as it doesn't effect framerates and latency, which it most certainly would. If it could be pulled off though why not? Don't know about that many points being deducted, because it'd be funny to watch them get wasted in the crossfire. Then again it would suck if everyone just killed them all at the start, a la chickens in cs_italy on CS.

Comment

i think it could work in other games but not in BF2 people are concerned with shooting people and capturing bases they dont want to have to hesitate before each shot to make sure its not a a civilian. Also after awhile it would get annoying having a bunch of random people wandering around aimlessly while your trying to have fun playing the game

Comment

i think civilians would kick butt in BF2, but they would have to be always trying to find cover. It would be awsome if you could have POWs in BF2 and then if some dies like 5 time they become a POW and there team has to release them, or they have to get grabed from behind by an enemy, i don't know how they would do it but it would kick butt

Comment

I remember that Desert Storm had this, it was proper good, in one of the levels you start in a small valley and you walk along a bit and find a goat herder, he tries to run and tell the iraqis so you have to drop him. Also its funny killing the goats

Comment

hell, you should gain points for killing children!

Comment

Originally posted by FireLord
                            -4 for male/female civ
                            -8 for a kid
                            -2 for random domestic pets and farmyard animals
                            And if this were one of the stats tracked in the rankings, people would do their best to be number one. (I know I would in the number of farm animal kills :laugh: )

Comment

Not to sound like an ass, but it would be a stupid idea. People have posted it about it time after time since i've been here. The main reason - People wouldn't start walking down the streets during a war. They would be in their houses, hiding, like someone with a brain might do.

Another reason - it would look stupid, and somehow DICE would try and code it right, while EA rushes the patch, or w/e they include this in, and somehow the civilians would shoot laser beams out of their nipples, blowing up a tank with one shot.

It's true, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X