Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPPORT Class: Anyone got any good advice pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SUPPORT Class: Anyone got any good advice pls?

me + PKM/MG36 = unstoppable, If you want power and accuracy go for the PKM or if you want decent power/accuracy and high ROF choose the MG36. Best results are acheived when firing from the prone position. When you see someone go prone immediatly and start shooting from the prone position, do not stand up and try to shoot. However I find the MG36 capable of taking down enemies preety quickly moving and shooting at the same time at a close range, the PKM lacks this ability.

Comment

Originally posted by DL86
      me + PKM/MG36 = unstoppable, If you want power and accuracy go for the PKM or if you want decent power/accuracy and high ROF choose the MG36. Best results are acheived when firing from the prone position. When you see someone go prone immediatly and start shooting from the prone position, do not stand up and try to shoot. However I find the MG36 capable of taking down enemies preety quickly moving and shooting at the same time at a close range, the PKM lacks this ability.
      Um, for me, i would say PKM for great power and good accuracy, and MG36 for good/ok power and great accuracy (most accurate LMG in game).

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
        Um, for me, i would say PKM for great power and good accuracy, and MG36 for good/ok power and great accuracy (most accurate LMG in game).
        MG36 has the lowest minDev but I suspect that the PKM's fewer rounds needed to kill might offset that since the total deviation and recoil will be less. RPK-74 would have the same advantage as the PKM to a lesser extent as well has doing more damage per second. And the SAW still leads in damage per second (tied with Type 95) and magazine capacity (less reloading). That could make it better on city maps. All the LMGs have their own advantages (Type 95 has a faster 'ready' time).

Comment

Prone+PKM=Death to all

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
            MG36 has the lowest minDev but I suspect that the PKM's fewer rounds needed to kill might offset that since the total deviation and recoil will be less. RPK-74 would have the same advantage as the PKM to a lesser extent as well has doing more damage per second. And the SAW still leads in damage per second (tied with Type 95) and magazine capacity (less reloading). That could make it better on city maps. All the LMGs have their own advantages (Type 95 has a faster 'ready' time).
            The thing is, there would be no more total deviation, since for the numbers: deviation added per shot, next to that in the wiki (bf2s) it says the maximum possible deviation. For all lmgs, after 2 full auto consecutive shots, there's no accuracy difference at all. Anyways, to clear things up, teh SAW takes the longest to load, and has a long "take out" time, the type 95 has shortest reload and take out times. THe MG36 has second shortest reload and take out times.

Comment

So, who here actually gets surpressed by covering fire?

Comment

Originally posted by bam23
                So, who here actually gets surpressed by covering fire?
                I've found it works better on servers featuring more tactical gameplay; ie all squadmates are working together. On your average free-for-all fest, it's not quite as useful. If I know I will be encountering several people who are grouped up together, LMGs are always handy in that situation and I might find/spawn one. In your typical one-on-one shootout, assault rifles will generally prevail.

Comment

You know what's funny, for all the time I play as support I still take cover real quick whenever someone else who is half decent with the LMG starts pouring it on, it's like the developers made it to where whenever a LMG shoots at you it appears that the tracers are passing inches from your head but if you're the one firing it looks they're missing by 10 ft. and I still get freaked out if I'm playing as any other class and I get shot at by a support class...everytime...but I noticed whenever I'm playing as support it's like I'm shooting cotton balls cuz these assholes will run straight at you while you're going full auto at them. I don't think it's because they're good and they think they'll win (because usually they don't ) they're just so stupid that it doesn't matter if the support weapon was the blackhawk minigun they would still sprint straight at you dolphin dive and hold down the trigger. Idiots.

Comment

Yeah prone + PKM + full auto is the way to go...

Comment

Originally posted by jdrou
                      oh yeah and look at all this stuff, you know what none of those stats matter if you just don't know the best tactics...ALL the LMGs are good you just gotta know how to use them, there isn't just one LMG that is the overall best they each have pros and cons, I never knew about any of these stats for a long time I just kept playing with the weapons till I learned what worked.

Comment

Originally posted by bjack
                        Also, now that all aircraft will be losing hitpoints, will LMGs be viable against choppers in the next patch? Something I am looking forward to seeing, in addition to the improved accuracy.
                        I hope so. I used to down copters with my PK a few patches ago, now I either don't try hard enough, or it's alot harder.

Comment

Working...
                        X