Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPPORT Class: Anyone got any good advice pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPPORT Class: Anyone got any good advice pls?

Hi

I have been trying my hand at playing the support class a bit recently with varied results Does anyone have any tips how best to play as this class? Also what do you reckon is the best support weapon? (I have them all unocked and after trying the SF unlock MG36 I have reverted back to the PKM, wondered what others were using) Thanks for any help or advice you can give

Re: SUPPORT Class: Anyone got any good advice pls?

MG36 for drawout time and firerate
    PKM for accuracy and firepower

Always prone when you are shooting.

Comment

Well, all I know is that the support class's job is to keep heads down. Simply
      put, lay down alot of fire and you will provide supressing fire for your teamates. Other than that, when in CQC, you have the advantage because you don't have to reload as often.

Comment

Always burst, don't go all rambo on everything because you'll die easily. It's gonna suck if they change the ground to prone action, 'cause the support sucks at shooting when crouching or standing.

Comment

Go Rambo but draw the enemy with bullets.

Comment

Always go prone.

EA has decided that Support fires 10ft patterns from crouched so that only way to get reasonable accuracy is to go prone.

You'll feel kinda silly at first, but, you will get over it.

Also. Yeah. Burst fire is a better option.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Like everyone has said above, always prone when you shoot with the support machine guns. The best thing to do is play against BOTS and just pactise on those using different tactics you have heard on here.

I suggest as support, if you are engaged by enemy units ahead of you, spot them, and prone and fire short bursts (5-6 rounds) at them. When you're surrounded by friendly the best thing to do to help is drop 3 medic packs on the ground anywhere in the radius of your teammates. If the rest of your team fall back for some reason, always hold back for a minute and just suppres the enemy soldiers with grenades are constant burst fire.

Comment

I dont see how ppl kill others while standing up,i mean i can see prone or crouching but ive see ppl take out other while doing it but i cant do it :laugh:

Comment

Well since I love support and am ranked in the top 80 for kills with a PKM, and top 400 for support overall. I can say, have the prone key rdy for use at every occasion, spam bags in traveled areas, and fire in burst for accuracy.
                  One thing, use your iron sights for targets as much as you can, even if there close using iron sights increaes accuracy from what Ive noticed.
                  Also, great at keeping peopel at bay. See a snipe ron a roof top, unlesh a barrgae of bullets...his ass wil scoot way back. If ya see a guy runnin from far away, spray, 9 out of 10 times 1 or 2 bullets will hit, and PKM bullets hurt, so dmg assist are a big point getter for me.

Also, its a worthless class on non-urban and non-SF expansion maps. Sure you help your team out by suppling ammo, but your pretty much fodder for everyone else it seems. Trust me I love support so Karkland of course is my most played map, since I get the most action there..but since I play everymap my most played class isnt even support...odd, but you gotta be muti-class able in some maps.

Comment

Originally posted by PBAsydney
                    MG36 for drawout time and firerate
                    PKM for accuracy and firepower

Always prone when you are shooting.
                    PKM isn't accurate. Try the RPK-74.

Comment

The best LMG? The RPK-74, PKM, and MG36 are all awesome. The SAW is decent enough. The Type-95 is supposed to have the same stats as the SAW, but I do consistently bad with this LMG. I never touch it if I have anything to say about it.

Anyways, always fire from a prone position. To get the absolute best accuracy from it, go prone and stay in a stationary position. You'll see the crosshairs slowly close together. However, if you're exchanging fire with a guy don't wait for the better accuracy, just prone, zoom, and fire. A lot of people advise short bursts, but I just go full-auto... Works for me at least.

Comment

i would just use them for suppressing fire, fire at a known enemy location and they will be scared to move let you team take them out. You could use them in a squad that way you will always have people there with accurate guns, and you would get team points for giving them ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSquelcher
                          i would just use them for suppressing fire, fire at a known enemy location and they will be scared to move let you team take them out. You could use them in a squad that way you will always have people there with accurate guns, and you would get team points for giving them ammo.
                          I think the support class was meant as a largely squad-oriented class. You resupply their ammo and their rifles provide accuracy/speed in situations where you can't go prone or would be too inaccurate anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                            PKM isn't accurate. Try the RPK-74.
                            Thought you might like to know that the accuracy is identical. Only differences are the ammo capacity (130 for RPK and 100 for PKM) and damage (35 for RPK and 45 for PKM) the makes the PKM better. They both can do almost identical damage from a full magazine but the PKM can do it faster and with less breaks for overheating.

My advice - Try to avoid engaging enemys at ranges where burst fire is needed, unless you have backup.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUiB_2154
                              Thought you might like to know that the accuracy is identical. Only differences are the ammo capacity (130 for RPK and 100 for PKM) and damage (35 for RPK and 45 for PKM) the makes the PKM better.
                              Rate of fire...

Comment

Working...
                              X