I've underestimated engineer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've underestimated engineer

In the few times I tried playing some engineer in the past, I always found it very frustrating to play. But as of late I've been seeing it quite differently. Perhaps overall IQ for teams is improving or my mine laying strategy has improved, but I've rarely been getting TKs around vehicles anymore.

I've also been pulling off some of my second highest round scores on some urban combat maps. I've never been a big fan of the jackhammer, and I still really don't like it. But God bless that pump shotty, that thing obliterates anything near it. A lot of people playing seem to not shoot at you right away if you don't shoot them immediately or act like you don't see them. This allows you to get up close and personal with a 200 dmg weapon. Allow them to get acquainted. Also acting like you don't see someone and baiting them around a building with that monster works a lot more than you think it would. Lots of greedy people chasing engineers ending up with quite a headache.

I hope to keep testing out my flavor of the week.

Re: I've underestimated engineer

Yea, the pump shotgun is the only reason I play Engineer anymore.

Comment

Engy isnt too terrible.

I really want some AP mines though.

Sittin back on the porch of a building, like an old fart with your shotgun, while an entire squad walks through a field of AP mines, would be priceless. :laugh:

Comment

that would be truley hilarious

Comment

I laid mines on a tank yesterday and he stayed still, so I threw a grenade and set them off right on top of him, I was laughing hard. I love being a defender of flags!

Comment

My favourite thing to do with engineer has to be:

a) cluster bombs or
            b) booby-traps

Cluster bombs are hilarious if you use them on infantry. Simply set up mines in an area (within a certain radius), then detonate with a grenade when someone goes near. Booby-traps are especially fun when you set them up near a tank, helicopter, or under a jet (anything that is always being used). Just be careful of TKs though.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonGlock
              I laid mines on a tank yesterday and he stayed still, so I threw a grenade and set them off right on top of him, I was laughing hard. I love being a defender of flags!
              That's not the fun part

I laid mines beside the attack helo when they were refilling/lifting along w/ a nade

Boom!!! Chopper got owned by an AT mine :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

Try placing single mines in the middles of runways. On the US carrier you can stand on the top tower and actually toss mines into the path of the F-35. Of course, using the AT rocket is much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                  Try placing single mines in the middles of runways. On the US carrier you can stand on the top tower and actually toss mines into the path of the F-35. Of course, using the AT rocket is much easier.
                  AT rocket won't do a one-shot kill to the Jets

Plus, they can be repaired while they are still in the carrier.

A sniper rife is a better choice indeed :P

Comment

Originally posted by Mahoro

Quite wrong. One AT rocket will ice a grounded jet. I do it ALL the time.

Comment

Engineer plus AT infantry to set off the mines anyone?

Comment

Engineer was my first unlock, and my most played kit. I always use my jackhammer instead of the pump action:hmm:

Comment

Originally posted by Mahoro

not only will a rocket one shot kill a plane, the sniper is just to unreliable at taking out pilots

Comment

on the whole baiting idea, I want to add that I too use this tactic but in a different way.

I act like I don't see people, then quickily make my way up a ladder, changing my view to 3rd person allows me to see them following me up, i thn get on top, turn and shoot. I get people on the ladder this way and its awesome.

Comment

yeah i've recently played as the engineer more and more. I find them useful for capturing bases. I you can sneak in unnoticed you can then plant a mine near the vehicle spawn points as well as kill any people spawning near the flag and take them out easily. Also surprisingly ive gotten use to the MEC semi-auto shottys if there is only one or two people around you can quickly fire off three shots and kill one then switch to the pistol and kill another, however they are still much worse then the pump ones

Comment

Working...
                              X