Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tank speed, accuracy, Ect.

Originally posted by GT4Fan
    This is just comparing to real life, the fact that in BF2 the tank feels slower than in real life, doesn't immediatly mean it's SLOW.
    Just ask yourself is it so slow that it's not a usefull vehicle?
    Because the tank in BF2 isn't as good as tanks in RL doesn't mean it's worth ranting about.

I mean.....if your comparing everything to RL it doesn't really stay fun. But just accept what you have and you might once again enjoy a tank
    I think the more realistic it is the funner it is

Comment

Originally posted by Com_Hallen
      I said nothing about a govenor, i just said what it can do. and i'm pretty sure that its with a turret (might be a slight bit slower, i'm using info from the top of my head for the M1A1). About the govenor, (thanks for telling me about it, i haven't found anything about that in my reading) if they did get one it's probably because of tread wear.

also your'e always seeing pictures of M1's with air under their treads, you never get that in BF2

about the targeting system, what you said is pretty much what i said, i just left out the part about user error. and i didnt say always hit, i said almost always(at least thats what i meant). so as long as the gunner has the dot on the target its going to hit(unless something gets inbetween the tank and the target)

Question. When you say "We" do you mean that as you are or have been a part of a tank crew??

What he was talking about was the tank shell, no armaments. Combat ready, an M1 can do 45 tops. Rough ground, i believe it's close to 30 or so.

Comment

The tanks move fast enough IMO.

Comment

nope, the Tanks are WAY to slow!
          Compared to Joint Ops, a Tank in BF2 moves like a VW Bug.

In RL the M1A2 goes about 70km/h on Solid Streets and about 30-50km/h on Heaxy- Mid Heavy Terrain, in BF2 you can't even drive over a Coke can!

So wtf? A Tank with about 4000HP and 5000Nm can't climb a 30° Rock when in RL it could climb a 65° Hill?

Comment

Originally posted by HF_Martini6
            nope, the Tanks are WAY to slow!
            Compared to Joint Ops, a Tank in BF2 moves like a VW Bug.

In RL the M1A2 goes about 70km/h on Solid Streets and about 30-50km/h on Heaxy- Mid Heavy Terrain, in BF2 you can't even drive over a Coke can!

So wtf? A Tank with about 4000HP and 5000Nm can't climb a 30° Rock when in RL it could climb a 65° Hill?
            Since i don't feel like translating km/h to mph exactly the M1A2 has a top speed of 42 miles per hour on a good road, a little spec ops guy sprinting is going like 15 miles per hour (if he's fast that is). BUt then again, the humvees would be able to go like 65 mph then, and the APCs like 55 mph. Which would make it kinda unbalanced.

Comment

Got a giggle from this post. One guys shoots his mouth off about the tank, then a guy whos job it is is to drive these things in real life comes on and ses thats it's actually an alright kinda simulation of the real thing, taking into account thats it's a very big hunk of metal with the potential to give you a very nasty headache put into a very frenetic artificial enviroment that is, at the end of it all, just a computer game.

I'm going with Mr Tank Commander Sir geezer. he seems to know what he is talking about. If you want a completly correct real world simulation of a tank in a game such as this then I would suggest you do as the MR Commander Type Sir Person did and get a job in the army.

Still, you gave me a giggle. Which is always good.

Comment

It took a while to get the tanks in 1942 right, it was only after the last patch that you felt they were right.

Speed wise the Bf tanks could go up a notch, nothing scary but they are slow.

The main thing that gets on my goat as it were and cant understand is the blast radius and effect that’s always poor. You shoot the main gun and it hits beside the enemy soldier and I mean right beside him and he’s fine. I’d rather you made it stronger towards soldiers.

When playing and caught with a tank coming at me to tell the truth I don’t really bother too much as you have to more or less either mow me down with the internal machine gun or be mega accurate with the main gun.

Comment

you do have a blast effect!! If you are experiancing anomalies then it's probs more to do with lag or prediction problems from either you or them.

Some of my best scores are from tank games, playing as engineer you rack up double points just from repairing, I think in the grand scheme of things the tank, as well as most of the vehicles are balanced for the sake of gameplay. It would be a bit of a bugger if nothing could penetrate the armour, or catch it up or run fast enough to plant c4 on it. It fits into the game ethos, and remember, it's a game not a simulation.

Comment

could this be true? a rant about tanks UNDERPOWERED?

what have the world come to

Comment

Originally posted by Funnylookingteddybear
                      If you want a completly correct real world simulation of a tank in a game such as this then I would suggest you do as the MR Commander Type Sir Person did and get a job in the army.
                      I plan on it

Comment

Originally posted by iewgnem
                        could this be true? a rant about tanks UNDERPOWERED?

what have the world come to
                        Yeah, lol, other signs of a crazy world:
                        The best rapper is white
                        The superpower of the world is run by people with wierd names: bush, rice, ****
                        THe best golfer is black
                        And i could probably think of more, but i don't feel like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Com_Hallen
                          I guess you could call this a tank rant, but i haven't seen any of these views in any other posts(yes i did use the search)and i feel like saying it. if any of you regs don't like it, just go somewhere else please.

Speed,

Its kind of hard to tell but it seems that tanks are WAY to slow, does anyone know what there top speed is in the game? cause I know that they in RL the M1A2's top speed over ground thats impassable by wheeled vehicles and can go around 75 on level ground. and in the game it seems like they can only go 30. and they can't get over rough ground nearly as well as wheeled vehicles.

Accuracy

This I know is way out of wack. i guess I shouldn't say "accuracy" since the rounds always go strait where you point them to, and I can hit anything in sight IF i'm standing still. what i should say is moving accuracy. in the game it is almost impossible to hit something 100 feet away if your moving at all, In RL it is considered bad form to shoot at something while stopped. M1A2's have a state of the art targeting system that makes sure that no matter what, you hit what your aiming at, no matter what the distance,what the targets speed is,or what the weather conditions are. the system is so good that the tank crews are confidant that they can take out any helicopter that stays still long enough for it to fire a missile.http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...es/m830_h3.jpg

oops i forgot about the turret stabilizer. When the gunner is moving the turret and the tank is moving underneath, the image the gunner see's will look like it is from a stationary position, because the the stabilizer compensates for the tanks every movement(withing barrel elevation, depression limits).

I could go on in other area's but i'm getting tired and need to take a shower, i might add on tomarrow.

The M-1-- in violent motion, day or night, rain or shine, rough terrain or smooth-- expects and achieves first=round hits, on moving tanks, to and beond two miles, practically 100% of the time.

fromJeff Coopers, TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT, AND SPEAK THE TRUTH

First off, with the targeting, its only as accurate as you are. The RL Abrams is computer guided, which means its far more accurate than what we play with. The game tanks also dont have stabalizers for the turret (that I can tell) like the tanks in real life do, which makes it more difficult to aim. Yes there are stabalizers for all those that dont believe, watch any Abrams video, and on terrain with bumps, watch the main turret almost glide up and down. The rest of the tank is bouncing with the bumps. Its part of the computer system which provides better aiming.

Because there needs something for the tank driver to do in the game, they dont have computer assisted aiming. If you cant hit a broad side of a barn, then its your problem, not the computers. Its called interactivity. I like it.

For the most part, in real life, a lot of tankers either stop to fire, or come to a slow crawl. Then, after firing, they haul ass. Why do they stop? Much more accurate. Why do they haul ass? So the enemy cant get a good bead on them and either hit them with anti tank weaponry or artillery. Its good practice to run, stop, aim, shoot, run, repeat.

Another thing with the movement speeds, they move probably at about half speed of a RL Abrams. Why? Because the size of the maps. Theyre small. Thanks only get to full speed when they have open terrain, and a long distance to travel, or haul ass. Generally, tanks move about 50mph. In Game tanks move about 25 or so. IF we were moving at 75 mph, then wed get places WAY too fast, and cause too much damage. Youd see tanks flying everywhere capturing flags, and everyone would have to play Anti Tank, because youd need about 3 people firing at one tank to get at least 1 hit.

Keep in mind people, the game is anything but realistic. It looks realistic, yes, but it doesnt play like real life, because its a game. They need to scale things both up and down to make the game more fun. They slowed down the jets a bit too, but kept the boats at around the proper speed, and the buggies they dropped a LOT slower. The buggies actually move at probably the speed the tanks should move.

EDIT: I would actually love it if you could have 2 more people in there with you. The driver, the main gunner (with machine gun) and then the machine gunner on top. That would be awesome.

Comment

I think most people think the tanks are about right, maybe some minor tweeks but thats all.

More importantly, lets see more girls in the Signatures, please....Red

Megamanfre that girl is hot!

Comment

Originally posted by redrider
                              I think most people think the tanks are about right, maybe some minor tweeks but thats all.

More importantly, lets see more girls in the Signatures, please....Red

Megamanfre that girl is hot!
                              LOL! Which one? It rotates through them all.

Check em all out here, http://omgwtfgg.com/signature/signature.html

Comment

Working...
                              X