Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Sniper Gun!

Originally posted by Wheelman56
    I do believe that the M95 is slightly more powerful than the M24. The M95 takes you down to only two bars whereas I believe the M24 leaves you with like six or seven. With the M95 that allows you to switch over to your pistol and all you have to do it hit them once and they are dead. You can really get alot of kills when done correctly... I found this much more difficult to do with the M24 since it doesn't seem to damage them as much. And the nice thing about the M95 is that NO MATTER where you hit them it takes them down to 2 bars, cept in the head of course. Although, I do normally use the M24 and just try to get headshots, but that M95 sure comes in handy when you are trying to get that expert pistol badge

BTW, pistols are extremely accurate. Moreso than alot of the rifles. The MEC pistols iron sights are completely off so you'll have to aim like 2 cm lower to hit them. USMC 9mm sights are perfect.
    You're right and wrong about M95 being more powerful than the M24. THe M95 completely ignores body armor if yu're wearing it, and thus, it ALWAYS leaves u down to 2 bars. The M24 on the other hand, leaves u down to 2 bars if you're not wearing body armor, and if you are wearing body armor, it leaves u down to 6-7 bars. But of course the M24 is slightly more accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_MaxPower
      ty
      Go to China you ****er. You don't deserve to be on the friggin continent.

As for the sniper rifle yes that is absolutely correct. The M24 absolutely rules compared to the M95.

Comment

Originally posted by KC.JADE
        Wow shut up.

What makes you guys so touchy?

Comment

SVD and Type 88 are definitely overrated.. I love the look and feel of the classic SVD, hell I even love the sights, but for some reason I have a really tough time lining up headshots. As for the Type 88 the crosshairs rule so much that it's really easy to pull off and thus it makes it a true one shot kill rifle.

Comment

A better question is why are you sniping?..

Comment

Originally posted by illusion987
              because unlike in other games, BF2 presents sniping as an art form...they actual give you active camoflauge and battlefields to work on, not just some map where you start on one side and the enemy starts on the other. you can work alone using claymores as your team mates or you can work in a squad with a sec-ops guy guarding you and also sniping (somewhat)

Comment

Originally posted by illusion987
                Maybe people who choose to play the sniper class don't see themselves as snipers but more like spotters. Snipers are probably one of the most important unit needed to kill the enemy force. If you don't have a sniper that can spot enemies with the long-range scope then you'll have to do a lot more work to find the enemy soldiers on the map. Plus once they have spotted them, if the sniper is confident he will pick him off from a safe distance. If the enemy soldier dosen't die but gets severly wounded, he will call for a medic; which then grabs another enemy soldier you can spot and then shortly after the Spec op soldier will come along and kill them easily. It's all about tactics with the sniper class I suppose.

Also it's probably the safest class to play as. Seeing as most snipers find a few dozen spots on the map to stay at untill that position is expossed. The sniper's weapons are also very useful for completeing objectives; such as securing a perimeter around a capture point using the claymore mines. I suppose this class is just very, very fun to play as.

EDIT-

I also would choose the M24 over the M95. However, I do prefer the M95 model and sounds over the M24's. Sometimes that could help a player choose their favourite maybe, that's just my personal opinion though. But yup, the M24 is more accurate.

Comment

G36c > *

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalFear
                    I thought I was the only wacko that thought this.
                    Oh hell no. I havn't even bothered to unlock the M95 yet, even though Sniper is my second most played kit after Spec Ops.

Gotta love the M24, a true Sniper's rifle.

I usually play on urban maps (eg. Karkand, Mashturr and Sharqui) and find the M24 to be perfect. Accuracy, stopping power. What else could a Sniper want? Who cares if it doesn't shoot through armored glass. How many times do you get a chance to shoot a pilot? and even then how many times does the game actually register you as having hit him?

Comment

Originally posted by KC.JADE
                      CMAFR!

Comment

The Dragunov and Type 88 are very underrated, they are very good on urban maps, when firing over long ranges is not such a big of an issue. The reason most people find them so much less accurate is because they fire to fast, the Dragunov and Type 88 have terrible second shot deviation so the second shot could go anywhere. Take half a second before you fire your second shot. Accuracy will improve 100%.

In respose to "Why are you sniping?"
                        Because a good sniper can reck up a very large number of kills for and very small number of deaths. They can pick off enemies from range while supporting their team. Especially if the sniper doesn't try to be some rambo and run off ahead of the main fighting.

Snipers are by far the best kit for fixed position defence or attack. For example: Karkand - USMC has captured all bases on main island, MEC hold all bases on island. Both teams set up along the opposing sides of the river and basically have a good old fashioned shoot out. A sniper will own all in this situation. You will pick off so many enemies as they will be more preoccupied with everyone else.

Basically, as long as the enemy cant see you, or doesnt know where you are, the Sniper will win. Hands down.

Comment

Working...
                        X