Best Sniper Gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Sniper Gun!

I have been like the M95. Because even if you miss the head shot, it only takes a sec to switch to your pistol and finish them off.

Comment

Originally posted by Paholainen
      THANK GOD. Another sniper who has seen the light. I play Sniper often, and always. And use the M24 whenever possible, it's a true snipers weapon.

It's so much more accurate compared to the M95, has a better scope, and even though the M95 penetrates body armor, they both still take 2 shots to kill a fully healed enemy in the torso.

I thought I was the only wacko that thought this.

Comment

Originally posted by GlobalFear
        I thought I was the only wacko that thought this.
        Same here, M95 is grat for killing people in copters or jeeps but pretty much the same as the other snipers for everything else. The SVD is also underated.

Comment

G36c / F2000

Comment

SVD and type 88 = ****. Those two snipers are horrible.

Comment

Hmm, G36C, G36E, and M24 are my long range weapons.

Comment

G3 is underrated.

Comment

M24 all the way

Comment

Stand still aiming the M95 for a moment, then fire and you got 100% accuracy. It just has more "crosshair-action" when moving, let the crosshair get smaller though you don't see it, you know its there.

Comment

Here's my oh so well thought out sniper chart.
                      With post analysis of each weapon.

M95>M24>Dragunov>Type 88

M95 pros: shoots through glass...pwn pilots right befroe they take off, strongest rifle
                      cons: less accurate than M24, when reloading you stick your gun straight in the air (and this is the longest of the rifles, so you do the math), bolt action

M24 pros: highly accurate, added gun camo
                      cons: bolt action

Dragunov/Type 88 pros: semi-auto
                      cons: not the most powerful or accurate

p.s. the only reason i said dragunov>Chinese Rifle is purely on aesthetics and in Rainbow Six the Dragunov pwned

Comment

There is no denying the single bullet power of the M24 and M95. I started off playing Sniper almost exclusively, but found only 2 instances to use the M95 to shoot a helo/jet pilot.

M24
                        pro: Strong single shot, above average accuracy
                        con: Bolt action, slow reload

M95
                        pro: Strong single shot, able to penetrate cockpit glass
                        con: Bolt action, slow reload, thickest sights resulting in subpar accuracy

SVD
                        pro: Semi-auto, accurate
                        con: More shots to disable a target, sights require more practice to master

Type 88
                        pro: Semi-auto, thinnest crosshairs for pinpoint aiming
                        con: More shots to disable a target

I enjoy using the Type 88 the most. The sights let me pick targets off at greater distances. With the M24, I find most of my targets scurry off to cover before I can reload the next bullet. Type 88 and SVD at least allow me the chance to finish the job.

Comment

I do believe that the M95 is slightly more powerful than the M24. The M95 takes you down to only two bars whereas I believe the M24 leaves you with like six or seven. With the M95 that allows you to switch over to your pistol and all you have to do it hit them once and they are dead. You can really get alot of kills when done correctly... I found this much more difficult to do with the M24 since it doesn't seem to damage them as much. And the nice thing about the M95 is that NO MATTER where you hit them it takes them down to 2 bars, cept in the head of course. Although, I do normally use the M24 and just try to get headshots, but that M95 sure comes in handy when you are trying to get that expert pistol badge

BTW, pistols are extremely accurate. Moreso than alot of the rifles. The MEC pistols iron sights are completely off so you'll have to aim like 2 cm lower to hit them. USMC 9mm sights are perfect.

Comment

I prefer the sniper rifles that don't reload after each shot, I kill far more people with them, good players don't stand still to get shot in the head, so I prefer to aim for the torso which helps with the poorer accuracy, who needs single-shot kill when you can fire the SVD so fast? Sometimes I get a good line-up of targets and gun down 3 guys really fast.

Comment

Yep so do I, I like the US sniper and MEC sniper, the M95 just doesn't feel right and its scope it horrible compared to the US sniper. I've picked off many a soldier with the MEC sniper, I even used it on foot on mashturr. Its quite effective for defending a flag if you know what you're doing. Only cons with both the original MEC and US sniper is not enough damage. However all sniper have the headshot instant kill. It just seems easier with the US sniper. Only cons is he'll get away if you miss whilst with the MEC you can shoot for a while. I hate the chinese sniper, horrible thing.

What I love about the Sniper kit is that it owns for knifing. Specially during Kharkand.

Comment

The SVD is VERY underrated, it might not be as powerful nor as accurate in the extreme ranges as the m24, but its first shot is very accurate, and it holds its own in close combat (when your target doesn't see you of course:-))

Comment

Working...
                                X