Stronger AT Missile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stronger AT Missile

We should get a more lethal AT missile. We all accept that TVMs and the Bombers missile kill in 1 hit, so why can't the infantry missile be a bit more than a bee sting. Tanks should be generally 2 hits or 1 hit in its vulnerable areas and the APC's 1 hit, burn and blow up.

With a stronger missile the AT guy should get less missiles probably 2. This would give him about the same overall hitting power as now but in a more deliverable package. As a side affect AT guys would have to be more carefull in how they use the missiles and not just waste them on soft or infantry targets. The supply guy would also get added value as he'd be required more. And finally the AT might get some kills rather than seeing the crew bail and an assult guy getting the fruits of his work.

It won't happen of course, they've enough on fixing the bugs.

Re: Stronger AT Missile

You can kill a tank in 2 hits, if you get the tracks, this has been known for ages.

Comment

I think a boost so that you can AT a humvee/vodnik in one-hit (consistently) might not be a bad idea. You know, so AT has a bit more of an edge on Assault.

Comment

they should make the planes more powerful too

Comment

I know you can destroy a tank in 2, But I'd like a track, rear, top or bottom to be a 1 hit kill and other parts to be a 2 hit kill.

Comment

I would personally leave the missiles how they are now, but I would give the AT class 1 extra missile and take 1.5 seconds off of their reload time.

Comment

I want RPGs in VBF2!

Dems things R de Roxorz!

Comment

Tanks are supposed to be significantly more powerful than infantry, it should take a fair amount of effort or a bit of teamwork to take a tank out. It would be pretty lame to drive a tank all the way up from the rear of the map just to be taken out by a single AT missile.

Comment

Yes tanks are stronger than infantry, but the're not stronger than a shaped charge (HEAT) warhead. Real infantry arn't helpless against armour, in close country armour depends on infantry support to operate. As the game is tanks are free to just sit around next to supply crates repairing faster than AT can kill them. AT guys arn't numerous enough and too likely to be killed to really be the AT class. Allways feels like Spec ops is the real AT and strangely they allways kill tanks in 2 shots with a less powerful weapon.

And is it equally lame to drive all the way across the map and be taken out by a single TVM or jet missile?

Comment

*ahem*

Comment

Humvees are vulnerable enough as it is; I don't think AT missiles need to OHK them.

Comment

I really get enough kills as AT as it is. I want it to be somewhat challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
                          I really get enough kills as AT as it is. I want it to be somewhat challenging.
                          Dis R truth.

It's about game balance. I tend to find playing AT is a nice challange when up against tanks. Gotta pick your shots. I would be dissatisfied with a one shot kill on tanks.

Comment

I think a Infantry man killing a Tank should count for more then 2 perperson...just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
                              You can kill a tank in 2 hits, if you get the tracks, this has been known for ages.
                              And you can get a tank at critical if you hit it in one of the tank weakspots twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X