Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Newb Tube or not to...that is the Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To Newb Tube or not to...that is the Question.

Originally posted by Devil_Dog-9
    First let me say sorry for my spelling.

Reason 2...Weak Weapons. Many a time I have got behind someone and unloaded a clip to only have him not die...LAME!!! If you get shot with a 7.62 or a 5.56 round or ROUNDS...you are not getting up and walking around...let alone still fighting. So solve the problem with a nice 203 to the back.

Reason 3...Hit Box issues/Bullet trajectory. I thought the Hit box issues were bad in CS:S but compaired to BF2 it looks like a God Send...Sure Every other Kill is from a head shot...but atleast the Bullets hit. The weapons in BF2 might as well be 1812 Muskets for accuracy. The M-16A2 has a point target accuracy of 550 Meters, the M-4 330, the Ak 300...try hiting anything over 75 with the above weapons. You are lucky to get 2-3 hits at 50 Meters...so don't even bother just get one and Kill them...Newb Tube.
    Just for your info when some US special forces train using dummy weapons they often times do not count one shot as one kill, but rather give a number such as 2-3 depending on hit location. Gunshot wounds do not always kill someone on the first shot, although even a single shot to an arm or leg can kill extremly quickly if it severs an artery.
    As for the M-16A2 having "point target" accuracy at 550m: I'm not sure what you mean by "point target" acuracy but it certainly does have an effective kill range of that far. However , even the most accurate of rifles will deliver a group of rounds with some shot-to-shot error. I own a Ruger Mini-14 which shoots the same caliber round as the M-16 (5.56mm) and at 100 yards in a near perfect enviroment (ie:no wind) using a mechanical rest it has a deviation of about 3 inches per shot at 100 yards. At 50 Meters in real life in a combat situation you would be surprised just how hard it could be to get 2-3 kill-hits, let alone at 550m.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappa
      i think the noob tube is for noobs, so noob away u noobs, i will noob to when my noob bf2 noob loads

Amazing.

Comment

The problem with the nade launcher is that the majority of times it is used in very close quarters combat situations... It is supposed to be used from range.
        Think of it this way, how many times have you been noob tubed from close range compared to long range? I think the ratio (short range:long range) for me being killed by it would be 9:1
        That's my only problem with it.

Comment

i will never use the nade launcher at point blank, i will either switch to the rifle or back off before i fire

Comment

The grenade luncher is fine and Im not saying this cause i use it cause I've only played 5 hours out of 130 hours as assault. I just hate the people who use it and bunny hop with it. They shoot the thing while jumping and contiue to reload while jumping. They need to change it so that you cant reload or fire while jumping, not just for the grenade launcher but for every gun. I've wished css source would do the same. There's nothing more agravating then that damn bunny hopping while they shoot.

Comment

Are you people really so closed minded as to not see how WORTHLESS assault would be if their GL was portrayed in a realistic manner.

As it stands, I have to run around through buildings knowing that in ANY given MOUT situation I'm outclassed by other kits that aren't even designed with Assaulting in mind (Simply because our rifles have some HORRIBLE deviation). EA probably realised this too so they implemented the M203 in a very "Arcadey" fashion. Dice/EA probably figured it would be pretty silly to have an Assault classification that a harder time clearning out infantry situations than Spec-Ops or Support; would it really be assault otherwise? Or would it just be "Grenadier"?

Look, if the M203 gains a small arming distance (10m seems to be the number floating around) then we have NO mean to establish our dominance in MOUT. No one would fear assault. You would know that you could charge an assault player and have a pretty good chance of coming out alive, even as a sniper. But! As it stands now we are somthing to be very afraid of. You know we have an "Insta-Kill" weapon at our disposal you it makes you a bit more cautious in regards to taking on an Assault Kit. It should be this way. Our job... rather, our Kit's job is to DOMINATE on an infantry to infantry level. Granted, it's not realistic how we do so. Yet, so many other aspects of this game aren't realistic as well. It would be silly to argue otherwise.

I propose everyone just let it go. Sit down and think about this on your own time. Leave assault be. Leave our M203 alone and just come to the understanding that you're NOT supposed to compete with us in a 1 on 1(2,4,6) infantry situation WITHOUT another ASSAULT kit to back you up. Granted, the jump+M203 combo is kinda annoying but that falls under a "Bunny Hopping" issue not an M203 issue. I mean, really, If you put in the Arming distance people would just jump "Backwards" while you do your little dolphin dive and STILL peg you with the M203. Know what would happen? People would come back saying, " The M203 needs a 50m arming distance, it's such a NOOB TOOB! OMG!"

Let it rest. It's getting overly annoying. The arguments for it are extremely farsighted.

{WP}Paas

Comment

this noob tube crap needs to stop, theres like 8 topics about it

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                  I propose everyone just let it go. Sit down and think about this on your own time. Leave assault be. Leave our M203 alone and just come to the understanding that you're NOT supposed to compete with us in a 1 on 1(2,4,6) infantry situation WITHOUT another ASSAULT kit to back you up. Granted, the jump+M203 combo is kinda annoying but that falls under a "Bunny Hopping" issue not an M203 issue. I mean, really, If you put in the Arming distance people would just jump "Backwards" while you do your little dolphin dive and STILL peg you with the M203. Know what would happen? People would come back saying, " The M203 needs a 50m arming distance, it's such a NOOB TOOB! OMG!"

Let it rest. It's getting overly annoying. The arguments for it are extremely farsighted.

{WP}Paas
                  I don't need somoene backing me up if I wanna kill 1 damn person. Your saying that the other classes should stick to their job, and not attack anyone. You might as well take our guns away.

I do agree with you on some parts. This problem is mainly under the bunny hopping. Taking that away and the "prone in the air" crap and alot of people would shut up about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie of PizzaRolls
                    I don't need somoene backing me up if I wanna kill 1 damn person. Your saying that the other classes should stick to their job, and not attack anyone. You might as well take our guns away.

I do agree with you on some parts. This problem is mainly under the bunny hopping. Taking that away and the "prone in the air" crap and alot of people would shut up about this.
                    Actually, you do. If that ONE person is an Assault player with a payload of M203s in a CQC situation.

Assault outclasses every other class up close. Even the DAO-12. We can simply put "One" round on you and end everything you though was a gunfight. Which, in truth, is our job. Take out infantry quickly and effectively so that we can advance to the next flag.

Engineer is a defensive kit. Sniper is a Surpression/Defesive Kit. Support is a Surpression/Defensive/Re-Arming Kit. Anti-Tank is a CQC competitive/Anti-Armor Kit. Medic is a Rifleman/Healer Kit. Spec-Ops is a jack of all trades. Assault is an Infantry Dominator. They all operate well in their parameters. It's when people step outside of that and expect everything to be "fair" that I become confused; and topics like this are created. If you choose as a Medic to take on assault, the odds are in assaults favor and, you just have to deal with the obvious fact that he can take you out within' seconds of contact. Same for Engineer, Spec-Ops, heck... anyone other than assault or a armored vehicle of sorts.

I hope I'm getting through to everyone.

{WP}Paas

Comment

the assault class is dominating sh*t:|:

Comment

n00bs will always use their tube, the only counter is to become a bunny hopper........... since I started hopping around n00b t00bers I actually kill them 60% of the time...... after a few deaths they usually drop the t00b and use a real weapon...

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                          Are you people really so closed minded as to not see how WORTHLESS assault would be if their GL was portrayed in a realistic manner.

As it stands, I have to run around through ...

Look, if the M203 gains a small arming distance (10m seems ...

Yet, so many other aspects of this game aren't realistic as well. It would be silly to argue otherwise.

I propose everyone just let it go. ...
                          First of all, a realistic GL would actually be more powerful - having tested this in reallife, a GL has much larger radius and much bigger "damage", and that's without mentioning flying debris (not sure of the english word).
                          All hell would be unleashed from the whining that would take place after making it realistic.

Now back to bf2, i really don't see why so many people are whining about nerfing GL for extremly short range.
                          Minimum arming distance was added to EA customer feedback summary alongside with the bunnyhopping lameness.
                          If bunnytubing would die, i don't think minimum arming distance would matter that much anymore.

Since you seem to be a bunny tuber, so i'll say you got a gun strapped to your GL (some would argue and say it's the other way around ) Just because you can jump 6 feet in the air and fire an instagib weapon directly to the ground below (Unreal Tournament style) doesn't mean that's the only use of this weapon.

Even without jumping i was able to take enemies at pretty close range, and i think it's fair i would die too from the GL if they were in a kissing range :P
                          I'm simply sick of people who take their GL and barely use their assault rifles, especially since you refuse to actually use your other gun in close range and face the chance of dying from infantry *shock*.

In a game where antitank takes 5 shots to kill a tank (might as well use specops/aircrafts), and AA can't hit an aircraft unless it's on nearly full stop, flashes neon signs, and facing the other direction.
                          I don't see any reason for the Assault to have an achilles heel, and especially since you got a pretty good rifle for assault. (named the assault rifle)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
                            why, cause once in a while, some guy jumps, fires the nade behind the other guys feet, and the splash damage kills them while the shooter lives (but yes, receives damage as well).
                            The splash damage of the GL-grenade is so narrow that the jumper/grenadier usually escapes with little to no damage.

Originally posted by alwo
                            The problem with the nade launcher is that the majority of times it is used in very close quarters combat situations... It is supposed to be used from range.
                            The application of the GL as a ranged weapon is limited by its small kill radius and exaggerated trajectory. The GL in BF2 was obviously intended as a close-to-medium-range weapon. I think I rather prefer the arcadey-BF2 nature of the GL, but GL abuse can get out of hand.

Originally posted by {WP}Pass
                            Granted, the jump+M203 combo is kinda annoying but that falls under a "Bunny Hopping" issue not an M203 issue.
                            Agreed. If anything, EA/DICE should just make it so you can't fire the GL (or fire it inaccurately) in mid-air.

Comment

The splash damage of the GL-grenade is so narrow that the jumper/grenadier usually escapes with little to no damage
                              lol, so by jumping only I get to avoid damage while ur "planted in the ground a$$" gets fragged? If I'm close I'll put one behind u, splash damage or not, if its behind you I'm using you as a shield -- no jumping needed and you take enough of the 'nade to pay a visit to the spawn screen...

Agreed. If anything, EA/DICE should just make it so you can't fire the GL (or fire it inaccurately) in mid-air.
                              If that would stop all the crying and the lame threads on GL's, I'd be all in support of it...would cost me maybe 2% of my kills :P :P

Comment

He said the Question!!

Who called for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X