Wow, you guys are right about the amount of skill n00b tubing takes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow, you guys are right about the amount of skill n00b tubing takes

If a server has a bunch of tubing goin' on I'll just leave. It's not fun at all. I like the gun fight's. I don't see the fun in one shot kill. I like the almost running out of ammo takin' out 3-4 guys. Thats the sh!t! To each their own. Dunno if any of you have played CoD? But rifles only (single shot) servers pWn!

Comment

Oh Noes! I see heavy shat flaming flying around!
      Assault is made to own other kits, if you are as a medic proning behind a box, and an assault kills you, then I see nothing wrong.

Fight fire with fire people!

Comment

I think giving the GL a minimum explosion radius is a fair nerf. When you think about it, in a game with a somewhat random bullet spread where it can take half a clip of ammo to kill a few people when you're prone and waiting for them (Depending on your skill of course) then why allow there to be such an obviously better weapon?

I personally don't mind getting killed by the GL at range. If someone has practiced enough with it to get me from 100-150 feet then more power to them. 'Cause I'm sure as hell emptying my clip at them. If I can't get them before they get me, that's just the game.

My only gripe about the GL are the people who bunny hop around with it out constantly and as soon as they see someone after rounding a corner immediately jump and nade them. That's just ridiculous. For those of you talking about how this is "war" go talk to an army recruitment officer and see what he says about that. It's total BS.

Placing a minimum detonation range on the GL does everything that needs to be done. It allows those skilled in it's use to continue to decimate their opponents from range, while nearly completely eliminating the "bunny hopping noob tubers."

In my opinion, if someone can get me beyond 50 feet with their GL before I can get them with my rifle, then they're either really good, or I'm really bad. Either way, that would be fine with me.

Jonny

Comment

Um, just to add on the ghost recon thing, the OICW launches 20mm nades (like a month ago they changed it to 25mm nades in the Real world). Plus, the OICW has basically failed in real life, it has been split into two parts, the XM8 (most likely the next rifle for the US Army), and the XM 25 (i think that's what it is, it's the nade launcher part of the OICW). THe OICW is WAY too heavy for ur average soldier, they've abandoned it.

Comment

Originally posted by =HPSF=Doctor Doom
            I disagree, the assault kit takes a LOT of thinking. This fantasy that the GL is a perfect weapon is totally false. In fact, it can be a hinderance in many situations.

Assault takes "thinking" because you have to know when to use the GL and when to use your rifle. I am CONSTANTLY switching between GL and rifle during various situations. If I just kept the GL selected all of the time I would get owned ALL THE TIME.

The proof is in the pudding, most people aren't assault and there is a reason. The class is as difficult to master as any, and just because in a FEW situations the GL is a great weapon over all using it properly and consistantly takes just as much skill as any other weapon.
            That is hands down about the funniest post I've ever seen!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Skill for the assault class? Gimme a break. Run, shoot, run, shoot. Not much too it.

I got the 2 vet assault badges without even trying. Try using the sniper class trying to defend the palace in Warlord.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveO
              That is hands down about the funniest post I've ever seen!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Skill for the assault class? Gimme a break. Run, shoot, run, shoot. Not much too it.

I got the 2 vet assault badges without even trying. Try using the sniper class trying to defend the palace in Warlord.
              Yeah, i have to "think" about to pick the gl or the rifle. Yeah right, that's just like, hmmm, i have to think about what fruit to throw at the terrible stage performer, a tamato, or plums. You don't have to decide which to use, everybody that gets high scores use the GL. Other classes u must think about, not every class has a 1 hit kill close to med range weapon you know, so they must take cover, unlike assault, just run, noobnade, and run some more etc.

Comment

Working...
              X