Tribute to DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to DC

DC, Desert Combat, the original idea. BF2 is essentially that game. While they may have ripped off DC big time, they at least have us remember who started DC in the first place. If you look on the SCUD Launched in DC, its got the numbers '818' on it, the SAME numbers are on the bottom of the Blackhawk. Check it out, I thought it was pretty cool.

And oh yea, DC is the best game ever. A real guilty pleasure

Re: Tribute to DC

Who cares?

I like it. If you don't, play your DC.

Comment

Originally posted by luckysniper
      Who cares?

You obviously never played that game; it was stupid fun, shooting down planes with tank guns, free-falling for minutes, point-blank rpg kills.

Comment

DC was (is) great!

Originally posted by luckysniper
        You didn't read the first post properly...did you...

Comment

A very unbalanced mod where tanks/planes ruled and infantry were useless.

Comment

It was a hundred times better than the original bf2, fantastic mod for its time.
            Though, I prefer Bf2, its just a cleaned up version of DC.
            Never noticed the 818.

Comment

How, exactly, did they "rip off" DC? Your post makes it sound like Dice came in and stole the mod -- they didn't, they hired Trauma Studios (the makers of DC) to help make BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman
                Wrong!
                i guess you was no good at ducking then? :laugh:

Comment

I love DC - wish we had the modes of play in BF2 or SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Az-Amerikai
                    DC, Desert Combat, the original idea. BF2 is essentially that game. While they may have ripped off DC big time, they at least have us remember who started DC in the first place. If you look on the SCUD Launched in DC, its got the numbers '818' on it, the SAME numbers are on the bottom of the Blackhawk. Check it out, I thought it was pretty cool.

And oh yea, DC is the best game ever. A real guilty pleasure
                    They didnt rip it off at all, all they did was make a game about the same era..

Its like saying bf1942 ripped wolvenstein 3d off.. same time period.

Comment

After some guys left DC, the fun was gone.Last 2 updates(0.7 and dc final)
                      Unbalans in the weapons, example: you could shoot some1 with a VSS out of a car, but a rpg let only the car smoking..
                      Some maps did not work at all, cornerd something ...brrr, and that night map awefull.

Comment

and if you think about it, BF2:SF, from a vehicle standpoint, had a tribute to DC in its own... Hind, Apache, PickUp Trucks w/guns, HUMVEE w/TOW, the Car, all 1st existed in DC.

Now to give me the Shilka and Littlebirds back and I'm set

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
                          How, exactly, did they "rip off" DC? Your post makes it sound like Dice came in and stole the mod -- they didn't, they hired Trauma Studios (the makers of DC) to help make BF2.
                          Yea, and then fired them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman
                            Yeah right. The anti-tank and anti-air weapons took practice to use, but were VERY effective once you learned to use them. That's something BF2 lacks: a learning curve. Tanks and airplanes SHOULD be more powerful than a soldier on foot, because....well, you give me one reason why a soldier with an M16 should be able to go toe to toe with a T-72.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
                              Yeah right. The anti-tank and anti-air weapons took practice to use, but were VERY effective once you learned to use them. That's something BF2 lacks: a learning curve. Tanks and airplanes SHOULD be more powerful than a soldier on foot, because....well, you give me one reason why a soldier with an M16 should be able to go toe to toe with a T-72.
                              Agreed. I remember many a high scoring round using the Opposition Spec Ops kit. AKS-74U, AP mines (until they removed them), and C4. It rocked people's faces off.

And Lost Village? Good fun in the streets.

Comment

Working...
                              X