Problem with n52 gamepad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with n52 gamepad

99.9% sure that I did that. I'll try it again tonight just to be sure. There's always that one in a thousand shot my brain just shut off.....

Comment

So your joystick does not have a throttle?

Anyway...it would certainly be worth TROUBLESHOOTING alone to unplug the joystick and see if the DInput throttle settings are working then.

That doesn't mean you HAVE to unplug your joystick to play..it would just clean up a question

Comment

The joystick throttle slider is on the base of the stick. Using it requires me to either take my hand off the stick or move my left hand from the gamepad. As I'm using a stick that only has roll and pitch control, I use the gamepad for yaw. Both hands are occupied, making it a less than ideal situation. That's why I like having throttle on gamepad scroll wheel.

I'm stuck at work right now, but will try unplugging the stick when I get home.

Comment

Well...if worse comes to worst...you can always get a new joystick

I tried using my joystick in the right hand and n52 in the left, but I ended up going 100% joystick with both hands while flying and I find it 100% better. But you DO need a joystick with twist for rudder control and a comfortable throttle lever.

Comment

And I may end up going that route......I had this joystick lying around collecting dust, so I thought I'd try putting it to use.

Comment

Well I seem to have spent $49+ for a fancy hand rest. I have all but given up making a profile for my N52.

Everytime I think I have it working it starts to studder. Any ideas? Also if anyone has a profile made can I get a copy?

Thanks in advance for any help i might get..

Comment

Studder..that is unusual..is it causing a loss of frame rate or do the controls simply become unresponsive?

Comment

Working...
                X