Anyone gonna get the new hotfix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone gonna get the new hotfix?

Apparentely theres a unofficial hotfix coming out soon, and i was wondering whether i should get it or wait for an official patch. I dont know whether it uninstallable or not, basically, will any of you lot be trying it to fix the FPS rate...

thanks...

Re: Anyone gonna get the new hotfix?

It might be worth a try. Hell, Ive already reinstalled BF2 and the expansion once. What would hurt to do it again? :laugh:

Look at it this way though, at least EA/DICE are doing something about the problems people are having and not waiting 3 months from now.

Comment

What's your source?

Comment

LOL i dont mean to rain on the parade guys but that hotfix is not for SF. Its a hotfix for a mod. Made by the moders who created project reality mod. Dice/EA are sitting on their hands watching the money fall in.

Comment

Wtf is an 'unofficial hotfix' anyway? One that isn't produced by DiCE? Or a patch they they don't tell anyone about and you have to download with eMule?

Besides that as wbcninjaofmist said it's a PRMM hotfix (can't wait!)

Comment

Originally posted by wbcninjaofmist
            LOL i dont mean to rain on the parade guys but that hotfix is not for SF. Its a hotfix for a mod. Made by the moders who created project reality mod. Dice/EA are sitting on their hands watching the money fall in.
            Call me naive, but are they actually doing nothing about the problems?
            Sorry if that's a silly question, I'm quite new to all this online gaming.

Comment

I am soo sick of all of you gamers out there that villify EA/DICE. The Battlefield series is one of the best games ever made. Just keep your conspiratorial silliness to yourself.:evil:

Comment

Originally posted by SteManCorps

At the moment they are looking at the problems that were fixed by 1.03 but not fully (like AA), not touched at all by 1.03 and problems caused bu the 1.03 patch.
                This doesn't mean that all or any will be fixed but that is what they're working on.

Comment

Originally posted by SteManCorps
                  You got it - you learn quick! lol

They fixed a bunch, broke some more, fixed some more - broke some more.

Now I think they are done doing anything for a while, until another expansion comes out.

Comment

Thanks for the replies there guys...

That explains why StarWars Battlefront was never really given the attention it needed. That was the first PC game I ever played online and it was quite buggy and laggy and there never seemed to be any news on any fixes. Then all of a sudden there was a sequel released.

Way to make money I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by j-train
                      I am soo sick of all of you gamers out there that villify EA/DICE. The Battlefield series is one of the best games ever made. Just keep your conspiratorial silliness to yourself.:evil:
                      villify? wtf? i'm sorry, you can't just add "ify" to anything. hell, if you were going to do that it would be villianify, which isn't a word.

The term you are looking for is "Villanize".

Yes, we villanize EA/Dice, because they take my 7800gtx, with a 2.6ghz a64, and 2gb of pc4000, and make it run at 1280x1024 to get a more than 60fps all the time. THAT is why we villanize them. So eat **** with your pro-ea propaganda. no one wants to hear it.

I love bf2 as much as the next guy. I spend more time on that then quake4, cs:s, ro combined. I love it. and i love playing it with my chick. but it has issues.

next you are going to tell us not to say windows sucks.

Comment

>.< damn!

Comment

Thier called Dice for a good reason! Ever play craps? How often are you gonna roll a 4 or a 5? Thats about as often as EA (either or) seems to be able to get the right answer. So the answer to your question Steman is "AAAWWE Cr.aps again"

Comment

Originally posted by rhohan
                            villify? wtf? i'm sorry, you can't just add "ify" to anything. hell, if you were going to do that it would be villianify, which isn't a word.

The term you are looking for is "Villanize".

Yes, we villanize EA/Dice, because they take my 7800gtx, with a 2.6ghz a64, and 2gb of pc4000, and make it run at 1280x1024 to get a more than 60fps all the time. THAT is why we villanize them. So eat **** with your pro-ea propaganda. no one wants to hear it.
                            Wow rhohan, you're my ****-ing hero. BTW, did your rant have a point? I'm lucky to get more than 35 fps, and i run at 800x600 with custom low-medium settings. A pc game has to be made to accomidate many chipsets of all kinds, many cpu's, many much moosen; but because they aren't catering to *you* you must post this?

I aint gonna get no hotfix, mainly because i aint got that mod.

And villify is a word, you un-educated hick.

Comment

Are you that stupid?

You only reinforced his point, which is that his system (2GB pc3200, 2.6 A64, 7800GTX) should run BF2 with everything on high with 60+ FPS at high resolutions with NO problems.

and it is not doing so.

So if someone has THAT high end of a system (it exceeds the minimum specs by a LOT), don't you think EA is going AGAINST the "optimize the game for the most hardware combos" ??

EA ****ed up big.

It isnt DICE's fault...they are just pushed so hard to finish it all up they just shortcut it to get it out the door. I bet DICE could make some REAL nice stuff if the big guns at EA didnt call the shots.

Comment

Working...
                              X