POLL: Special Forces should of been FREE/$30/$20/$10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POLL: Special Forces should of been FREE/$30/$20/$10

Either way its here and we need to deal with it. I would like to see EA do something about allowing both BF2 Vanilla and SF to somehow crossover the maps. I also was disappointed with the amount of maps, which 8 i feel wasnt enough!

Titus

Comment

if you have such problems, dont buy the damn game.

however, obviously a ton of people think its easily worth the money. if you dont, dont buy it.

im sick to death of all these anti EA idiots who make it seem like EA had a gun to your head and forced you to buy their horrible game!

if you dont like it, just shut up and dont buy it. by buying you say you like the game, by not buying you dont. thats the only message that EA gets, they could care less whether a bunch of forum guys whine for months.

Comment

In Toronto~ It was on sales the first day it came out~ it was 29.99 Cdn~
        I think that comes to 25.99 US~

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
          I think it should have been free as a good will jesture by EA for all the problems BF2 had/still has.
          Nice idea, but I'd just be happy if they'd finally get around to fixing all the damn problems...

Comment

Originally posted by Deez
            Do you think this Special Forces Expansion should of been a Free patch? or cost as much as it did for what little you got?
            We're all still paying beta testers anyways, as both the original game
            and the expansion pack are still latent with numerous bugs.

I dont mind paying for quality products.. but in the case of BF2 and BF2.SF
            both were huge ripoffs.

Comment

I think they should've made it $10, added 4 new infantry-centric maps (that could be run among regular BF2 maps), and included all of the new weapons and vehicles in various ways for regular BF2. That's an expansion.

No excessive maps, no new factions, no ziplines, no grappling hooks, no nightvision (night maps should have ambient lights), no exclusive servers.

Comment

10 bucks or Free

It wasnt very good

only 200 servers while bf2 has 600 servers

I think people who bought sf moved back to bf2

Comment

I voted $30, I really like it

Comment

Over Priced.

Overhyped.

Underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
                      How is it different from any other mod? It offers new maps, new weapons, new soldiers (although there's not many, and from what I've seen they're not all that impressive). Wow, the same things mods offer you...hmm... It's hardly got a connection to BF2 except for the gimmicky stats system and some unlocks you can use in Vanilla, which is rather stupid as far as I'm concerned (go on, flame me, it's a stupid move to split a community with stuff like that). Other than that, SF is basically a seperate entity from BF2, it's a mod. It doesn't expand on BF2, it just gives you something else to play.
                      Okay, so if I get this straight, you're saying this expansion should have been free, not because it's poorly made or weak, but because of the fact that it's an expansion.

Although it may be a valid point, it is IMHO irrelevant in the evaluation of an expansion. When evaluating an expansion, you should do it in comparison to other expansions.

Comment

Well i can get it here for £15 not bad.

Comment

I voted 30. Considering how much fun it brought me within a week of it's release, Its already a good investment....

Comment

i got it for 20 bucks..
                            apparently there was a promo at Circuit City that gives you a free $10 gift card if you get BF2: special forces... so 30 - 10 = 20! woo!

20 seems worth it though.. i mean if they cant put a little more money into testing the game for bugs and stuff.. then it should be 20.. if they got rid of alot if not all the major buts.. make it 30

Comment

Free? Dont be ridiculous! Why would a company program a bunch of new content for an already self contained game and give it away free? Nothing in SF was necessary for Vanilla BF2, it is a totally new take on the game. You don't get something for nothing in this world.

Comment

Wtf took me to the wrong poll?

I was posting in the Best OS post and somehow ended up on this?

Comment

Working...
                                X