Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sorry folks, that patch is too big.

Originally posted by DrMcleod
    Surely you could have broken it down into 3 x 100MB downloads over a few weeks?
    You have to be joking. I downloaded this patch in under five minutes.

Comment

Firstly, I dont mind patching games, I understand that it is part of the customer support process. Bugs turn up in complex code and and need to be squished, aspects of the game need to be tweaked sometimes, I am fine with this.

But devs! You really need to think a bit more about your customers, a patch weighing in at around 300MB is just too big. Surely you could have broken it down into 3 x 100MB downloads over a few weeks?

If I was new to the game and had to DL a patch of this size before I could play, I would be mighty ****ed off. Poor show.
      Since you need a broadband connection to play the game, I really don't see what the problem is.
      300 meg isn't a big deal at all these days.

Comment

Got mine in less than 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
          If you shoot at water, the splash effect no longer happens.
          Rubbish, my graphics are all set to medium and low and I get splashes when shooting water. Not that it really matters anyway...

Comment

Actually, I am dl'ing it at work through a Gb network. For some reason the DL site is throttling me to 25.8Kb/s...

GRRR...

As for WoW having loads of patches - I agree, but it releases them as a series of SMALL ones. I would rather a small patch every month, than a huge one every 6 months.
            That doesn't work if you are new to the game unless you want them to download about 800 different patches to get there game to work.
            I personnaly don't see the problem with downloading it, more the fact you need 3GB of space on your C:\ drive to run it which is ridiculous.

Comment

Topic with mirrors

Some with speed around 1 mb

Comment

Took me around 5 minutes to get my patch. You should learn how to find good downloads first.

or

use bittorrent

Comment

Meh, downloaded my patch in roughly 20-30 min.

Comment

Took me 15 minutes on torrent I got 230 k a second not bad.

Comment

I downloaded my patch in about 5 hours directly from the EA site (seriously!!!). But I did hear you could download it faster from other sites. It doesn't help that my computers relatively slow though.

Comment

Get it off ****ing filefront and stop bitching jesus... Get off DSL or dialup for christ sakes. 300 mb isn't **** when you download at 600kb/s

Comment

300 MB is too big ?

<shakes head>

What are you going to do when it comes time to get some of the big mods ?

Comment

I installed the patch last night, I got close to 400kb/s download directly from EA's site. I was playing BF2 inside 15-20 minutes. When I first started playing online, I had to download 1.03. I was getting 750kb/s from EA's site.

I would check your computer out for Malware/spyware/viruses if you're getting such a ****ty DL speed.

Comment

On 56K if the connection is working at it optimum speed (which it won't be) it would only take 11.9 hours to download and as you can't play BF2 on slower than a 128K should only take 5.95 hours

Comment

i downloaded the patch through bittorrent. i think i got it from FileRush.

got it in 15 minutes or so. At 380kb

Comment

Working...
                                X