Sorry folks, that patch is too big.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry folks, that patch is too big.

Firstly, I dont mind patching games, I understand that it is part of the customer support process. Bugs turn up in complex code and and need to be squished, aspects of the game need to be tweaked sometimes, I am fine with this.

But devs! You really need to think a bit more about your customers, a patch weighing in at around 300MB is just too big. Surely you could have broken it down into 3 x 100MB downloads over a few weeks?

If I was new to the game and had to DL a patch of this size before I could play, I would be mighty ****ed off. Poor show.

Re: Sorry folks, that patch is too big.

Count your blessings.

World of Warcraft has gigs of patches out.

Comment

try different sites...i downloaded mine in 15mins..

GamersHell is the ultimate destination for gaming news, reviews, previews, videos and more.

Comment

why is that a major concern? its not too big, some ppl bought SF from EA downloader... 1.7 gb... imagine that... why dont u just download the patch while ur asleep?

Comment

Not to mention, do you know the confusion that would ensue if they had broken it down into multiple patches. Forgotten Hope had this problem and I know a lot of guys who just gave up on it b/c it was too complicated for them.

Comment

Well....

While it is a big patch, it does add a lot of new weapons, fixed a couple of things and seems to not have broken anything.

To be honest, I'm guessig that in order to play BF2 you have to have 512kb while most have at least 1Mb which means the patch download should only take minutes.

Comment

Actually, I am dl'ing it at work through a Gb network. For some reason the DL site is throttling me to 25.8Kb/s...

GRRR...

As for WoW having loads of patches - I agree, but it releases them as a series of SMALL ones. I would rather a small patch every month, than a huge one every 6 months.

Comment

wind up the 28.8 k for some serious speed!

Comment

im dowlading it righht now 24.2 KB per sec

Comment

It took me about 2 hours to download at 30 kb/s.

And I've got a fast connection...

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                      Well....

While it is a big patch, it does add a lot of new weapons, fixed a couple of things and seems to not have broken anything.

That's somewhat debatable imo. Chopper cannon calibration for example, red tag bug becoming more freqent is another.

Comment

That's why I said *seems*

There's a thread over at EA Uk and another at Planetbattlefield where people are saying that it's better since the patch

Those of us who have been here for a while know that everytime EA release a patch, the red/blue tag seems to get worse for a few deys following the release and then drops down to 'normal'.

Comment

If you shoot at water, the splash effect no longer happens.

and the framerate drop seems to be affecting a lot of people. I'm getting a tad more stuttering than i used to, but that might be since i turned AA and AF back on, though it didnt do it when i used to use AA/AF.

Comment

I dont mind at downloading big patches unless I get them by 300 k downstream...

Comment

Ok, your excused.

Comment

Working...
                              X