Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SF: Unlock Points List

Originally posted by trickster
    well how come I as a sargeant with 3600 points, can access the weapons in sf but havent been given any new unlocks and cant access the new guns in bf2?
    Well, you should get 1 new unlock. Do you have the xpack? If not, you need to buy it to use the new weapons.

Comment

I've been reading this post all the way through and can see why some people are confused so let me give you some case studies, which should help eliminate any confusion.

Preamble

Following the installation of BF2:SF, additional unlocks will be awarded as follows:
      • for players with an existing account that has a rank of Sergeant or above, additional unlocks are awarded retrospectively as per the above chart following login or first play on an SF ranked server.
        Those of you who have been playing for a while will remember a similar occurrence when you attained multiple ranks and unlocks in a single game following the install of patch 1.03 which included a change in the ranking structure by DICE/EA.
      • when attaining new ranks that provide an unlock in BF2, players are awarded an additional unlock as a bonus for owning BF2:SF.

Terminology

Weapon unlocks available in BF2 (aka "standard" or "normal" or "vanilla" or "original" BF2) are now termed Tier 1 unlocks.
      Weapon unlocks newly available in BF2:SF (Special Forces) are termed Tier 2 unlocks.

Usage

Within vanilla BF2 you are allowed to use both Tier 1 and Tier 2 unlocks on any of the teams.
      Within BF2:SF you are allowed to use Tier 1 unlocks on any of the teams. Tier 2 unlocks are only provided to certain teams as the standard weapons and are not availble to you all the time.

It is worth considering which unlocks you utilise very carefully, therefore, as you only truly benefit from obtaining a Tier 2 unlock in vanilla BF2 where you can use it all the time.

Case Study 1

GingerNinja.net is a Staff Sergeant with a GP of 6500 points and has unlocked the following Tier 1 weapons with the 4 unlocks that he has already attained by reaching this rank in BF2:
      • Assault: n/a
      • Engineer: Jackhammer
      • Medic: L85A1
      • Spec-Ops: G36C
      • Support: PKM
      • Sniper: n/a
      • Anti-Tank: n/a
      GingerNinja.net buys BF2:SF, installs it and patches it to v1.12.

Upon login, he is provided 2 bonus unlocks retrospecitvely as he has already attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. He can now either:
      1. unlock the Tier 1 weapons for the ranks that that he hasn't already done so i.e. Assault, Sniper or Anti-Tank
      2. unlock the Tier 2 weapons for the ranks that he has already unlocked the Tier 1 weapons for i.e. Engineer, Medic, Spec-Ops and Support.
      3. do a mixture of both

GingerNinja.net prefers to play in "support" roles and the Zip Line re-affirms his love of the Spec-Ops class so he chooses to unlock the Tier 2 weapons for the Medic and Spec-Ops kits:
      • Assault: n/a
      • Engineer: Jackhammer (T1)
      • Medic: L85A1 (T1) and G36E (T2)
      • Spec-Ops: G36C (T1) and SCAR L (T2)
      • Support: PKM (T1)
      • Sniper: n/a
      • Anti-Tank: n/a
      Following a few weeks of play, GingerNinja.net is approaching promotion to Gunnery Sergeant for which he will attain 2 more unlocks (1 from BF2 and 1 from BF2:SF). He will either use these to obtain both tiers of weapons for the Assault kit or to unlock the T2 weapons for the Engineer and Support kits.

Case Study 2

1337n00bt00b is a new BF2 player. He purchases both BF2 and BF2:SF together on Amazon, installs them one after the other and then applies patch 1.12 which he downloaded whilst waiting for the package to arrive from Amazon. Over the next month, he plays as much as he can between going to college and attempting to get fellow female students into bed with him.

When he reaches the rank of PFC he does not receive an unlock.
      When he reaches the rank of Lance Corporal he receives his first unlock from BF2 and chooses the DAO-12 as he primarily plays as Anti-Tank.
      When he reaches the rank of Corporal he receives his second unlock from BF2 and chooses the G36C as he likes playing as Spec-Ops as he can C4 tanks as well.
      When he reaches the rank of Sergeant he receives his third unlock from BF2 and his first unlock from BF2:SF. He unlocks both tiers of the Assault class getting the G3 and the FN2000.

Hope this clarifies everything written so far.

Comment

You bunch of numbnuts. I got like 6 different accounts.I figured out real early that the only thing that having more points than someone else is worth - is that you get more different guns. You can try to get unlocks their way which means you have to get more points by playing an exponentially longer period of time every time you get an unlock. Or just try out ALL the weapons by having several different accounts and taking advantage of their unlock policy which way overweights to the first 3000 points. Also, This way you you are able to figure out which weapons are useless to your style of play and not add them to your main account.

I have 7900 points on my main account. Check out my gun cabinet. PKM, G3, G36C, G36K, MG36, SCAR-H, SCAR-L, M95. I don't even use SCAR-L cuz it sucks. If I want to play medic(L85 is same thing as G36series but with sucky sites, G36E is, well,the G36 series) or engy(for the DAO) I just use one of my other accounts. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mykonicon
          You bunch of numbnuts.
          Was that really necessary?

Originally posted by Mykonicon
          I got like 6 different accounts.I figured out real early that the only thing that having more points than someone else is worth - is that you get more different guns. You can try to get unlocks their way which means you have to get more points by playing an exponentially longer period of time every time you get an unlock. Or just try out ALL the weapons by having several different accounts and taking advantage of their unlock policy which way overweights to the first 3000 points. Also, This way you you are able to figure out which weapons are useless to your style of play and not add them to your main account.

I have 7900 points on my main account. Check out my gun cabinet. PKM, G3, G36C, G36K, MG36, SCAR-H, SCAR-L, M95. I don't even use SCAR-L cuz it sucks. If I want to play medic(L85 is same thing as G36series but with sucky sites, G36E is, well,the G36 series) or engy(for the DAO) I just use one of my other accounts. Please.
          I understand what you are saying, but I worked out a long time ago that I didn't want to have lots of different accounts to get all the weapons. What I wanted to do was rack up time and points to work towards the different badges, ribbons and medals.

Thanks for your input though.

Comment

I noticed something left out of these posts. There is also an option for flash gerande and possibly gas gernade as an unlock. However, to unlock these you most FIRST unlock the SF kit gun, then they allow you to unlock the SF gernades. These are to be used in original BF2

Comment

very nice list but if im not mistaken i belive theres a new one at 3500, as soon as i installed SF and hit 3500 i recieved another unlock

Comment

um you know that all that info is right on the total bf2 web site right?

Comment

<3 SF Unlocks

Comment

they're the same!

Comment

Working...
                    X