Why? Zip Line for snipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why? Zip Line for snipers?

I wish you could choose you're wepons and not be restricted to what is in a kit.

Comment

Giving the sniper the zip line encourages teamwork. If you have an assault class with ya, you can just work together. He throws his hook where you want it, you climb it, he retrieves it, you shoot the hell out of people. Teamwork is what they seem to be striving for and I think they did a good job making the classes have to work together to be the most lethal.

Comment

Originally posted by Hando
        Giving the sniper the zip line encourages teamwork.
        Exactly..it's a no brainer.

Comment

Giving the sniper the zip line encourages teamwork. If you have an assault class with ya, you can just work together. He throws his hook where you want it, you climb it, he retrieves it, you shoot the hell out of people. Teamwork is what they seem to be striving for and I think they did a good job making the classes have to work together to be the most lethal.

How do you retreive the zip/hook?

Comment

Bingo. Can't loanwolf it and find all the crazy hiding places that have been created.

Pick it up with the same key you use to pick up kits. Default I think is "G".

Comment

Originally posted by SaintSinner
              The question I have, is why Ziplines and hooks at all? They strive for "realism", and then add crap that no SpecOps soldier would ever use. Ziplines? Please

I must have missed that phase of training... maybe they've just recently added it to the jump-tower section of Airborne training @ Benning, off the 30' tower.... now, instead of practicing your leap and grab with your chute rigging, you can zipline off! Wheeeeee lemme go 'gain, Sarn't!

heh.
              Grappling hooks are realistic.

Anyways, a hook would be better for the sniper class.
              And in BF2 you can parachute even off of the smallest buildings in Karkand.

Comment

oh good, I had no idea what key it was either.

Comment

I understand where you guys are getting the teamwork thing, but it seem dumb to find an AT or Assault guy in your squad and say, "Hey, throw your hook up there and then wait 5 minutes for me to climb it, then you can take it down. Thanks!" Thats not exactly teamwork, that's annoying.

Comment

i think they should of made it that we can choose an extra thing for the kit, like an open slot for weapon, or ammo or more nades, etc.

Comment

I think that the sniper class did not get the Grappling hook because the grappling hook is a good counter FOR a sniper. No more worrying about climbing a ladder with a claymore sitting at the top. Gonna make the Snipers more leary about staying on ONE rooftop for too long anymore. (Hence the reason they may have given the sniper the Zip line. lol)

As for the Grappling hook. You can also be on top of a building & throw a line down for your teammates to climb up. Then retreive it so nobody else can climb it. Just stand near the edge of the building with your GH & hit right mouse key & it throws out the line. Hit E (whatever key you use to enter vehicles) & slide down or back up. Its great! btw down is your backward key & up is your forward key after you are on the rope.

One thing I haven't tried yet is throwing a rope out of a chopper. THAT would be cool but I dont think it will work with vehicles or terrain.

Comment

Working...
                      X