Why? Zip Line for snipers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why? Zip Line for snipers?

Why in the world do they give snipers a Zip Line instead of a grappling hook?

Its like saying "Here you can now get down from building roofs" ...but how are you supposed to get up in first place? What were they thinking? arghh a grappling hook would be so awesome for the sniper kit.....

Re: Why? Zip Line for snipers?

I agree. And why do they give close range weapons to AT guys who will spend most of there time fighting with rockets (which are great long range). A balance thing perhaps, but why make all the kits have features that don't fit well with their other items instead of making them all well-put toghether kits?

Comment

use the ladder they have next to every big building. Use the zipline to go to new sniping positions quickly. use the ladder there to climb higher if you want.

Comment

If there are so many ladders what's the point of a grappling hook?

Comment

Originally posted by OMGWTFBBQLOL
          Why in the world do they give snipers a Zip Line instead of a grappling hook?

Its like saying "Here you can now get down from building roofs" ...but how are you supposed to get up in first place? What were they thinking? arghh a grappling hook would be so awesome for the sniper kit.....
          It would be way to unbalanced that way. I think its better if snipers can't be to high up. Its better if you actually have a chance of hitting them with a grenade for example.

Comment

exactly, the zip line is more for making a quick getaway than anything else.

Comment

^ Hell yes. I'd rather have a quick retreat over the hook.

Comment

I perfer grapple tan Zip :P hell I already got my grapple badge XD

Comment

Couldn't you just jump over the side of the building and then parachute down?

Comment

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
                    That does seem to make more sense than setting up a zip line...

Comment

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
                      My thoughts exactly. A zip line for a sniper makes very little sense. When sniping from a tall building, crane, etc, and you get spotted with rounds popping around you, the last thing you want to have to do is change weapons from your rifle to a zip line, shoot it where you want to go, then stand up and ride the zip line down. Can you say dead duck? Very weird decision to do this.

Comment

Balance, people, balance

Comment

The question I have, is why Ziplines and hooks at all? They strive for "realism", and then add crap that no SpecOps soldier would ever use. Ziplines? Please

I must have missed that phase of training... maybe they've just recently added it to the jump-tower section of Airborne training @ Benning, off the 30' tower.... now, instead of practicing your leap and grab with your chute rigging, you can zipline off! Wheeeeee lemme go 'gain, Sarn't!

heh.

Comment

If a building is far away how are you going to parashutw over there? And grappling hook is good for getting into or onto buildings with windows, buildings with no latters, buildings with claymores guarding the ladder, etc.

Comment

Ladder theory explains it:

Comment

Working...
                              X