Battlefield 1350

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 1350

what would rock is a mechwarrior mod for BF2 !!

Comment

How would that work? Some n00bs with swords out running around seeing who can click the mouse button first while someone who choses the archer kit owns everything that moves on the battlefield.

Melee focused combat would simply be too random and boring unless you made HUGE changes to the way battlefield 2 works.

Comment

Someone hasn't spent any time doing knife fights...
        Pug, challange <<R2>> Mrs to a pig sticker duel sometime (if she has the time for you). You will very quickly see that thre is nothing random involved in melee combat (or rather, there's nothing random in skilled melee combat).

Comment

I'll admit, I do lose most of my knife fights, but that's because, spending most of my time with a gun, I have the mouse sensitivity lower than would be ideal for a knife fight. If, however, my only weapon was a sword, I would simply set it higher. But, I'm willing to give that a try... or since I've got a lot on my hands right now, just take your word for it

Comment

Originally posted by puglous
            How would that work? Some n00bs with swords out running around seeing who can click the mouse button first while someone who choses the archer kit owns everything that moves on the battlefield.

Melee focused combat would simply be too random and boring unless you made HUGE changes to the way battlefield 2 works.
            Shields Baby. But the whole concept will live and die on the melee combat - if its just click to swing it might get old real fast.

Comment

yayaya finaly a catapult that throws crap,poop/ and $hizzles

Comment

I guess they would have to take some tips from JKA saber fighting, best ive ever done.

Comment

Oh Yea... i love the idea. fun fun.. hehe.

Comment

It'd be enjoyable, but I don't think the BF2 engine is up to it.

Archers wouldn't own everything as long as realistic arrow physics were included, you'd have to account for the huge arrow drop and wind factors.

But just imagine a castle assault! You could 'man' the catapult and aim it where you wanted, jump on horses, or man the traps and defense of the castle etc.

A game that was a cross between BF and medieval ages would rule...(by 'cross' I mean things like lots of players in one battle, being able to use different 'vehicles' and so on. )

Comment

Working...
                    X