X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Special Forces Reviews

Originally posted by Jofaba

*snip*

2) I have experienced SEVERAL Shader Optimizations in vanilla BF2 and SF. Same maps, same sizes, close game go back in and reoptimizes. Turns 15 second load into 15 minutes.

*snip*

For anyone who is unfamilliar: Special Forces is a modification to Battlefield 2. It is not a sequal game. If you check the shortcut target you'll see what I mean. This means that vanilla files HAVE been altered. So you will notice some changes to BF2.

*snip*

~ Jofaba
    My shaders optimized three times before I went into the cache and cleared the extra folder. You should do this anyway. You only require the newest one. Otherwise I believe the verifying client data process will take longer. Be sure to defrag too...
    Mine stopped optimizing after I cleared the folder. It was probably a coincidence.

They had to touch core BF2 to add the Special Forces content. You can use some of the SF weapons in vanilla BF2...

Comment

My fps in SF is about half that of bf2 also. Forgot to mention that. I cant wait to finally play around in the worlds though. After spending an hour cleaning up my old mods I ended up playing vanilla with 140 bots till I went to bed.

Comment

I do not see why EA put different release dates on SF. I am in Europe and I need to wait till friday for it to start selling.

Comment

compatibility patch, includes all the SF weapons for those who dosent have the expansion, so they can pick them up and use them, if a SF owner drops them..

Comment

Originally posted by TurdFerguson666
            I still don't understand why there was a patch immediately after the release of SF.
            Umm, because DICE is always playing "catch up", don't get me wrong, I love BF2, after 14.5 days of play (that is 14.5 x 24hours = 348+ hours), I better love it or get my head examined. It just seems like DICE doesn't fully test the software before shipping it, remember the infamous hotfix, to fix the 1st patch? That is par for the course for Dice. Better and more thorough BETA testing both internally and externally would solve this problem. Overall EA/DICE is poised to become the big boys in gaming, hell they already are!

Comment

Originally posted by Demon6
              I do not see why EA put different release dates on SF. I am in Europe and I need to wait till friday for it to start selling.
              The US gets it early because we saved you all from Nazi domination. That seemed pretty obvious to me. If it wasn't for us you would be playing "Schlachtfeld 2 spezielle Kräfte" this Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by j-train
                The US gets it early because we saved you all from Nazi domination. That seemed pretty obvious to me. If it wasn't for us you would be playing "Schlachtfeld 2 spezielle Kräfte" this Friday.

Trust me mate I think that all the good will you earned from "saving" europe as you put it, evaporated whe you rellected Bush!!

Comment

Umm, because DICE is always playing "catch up", don't get me wrong, I love BF2, after 14.5 days of play (that is 14.5 x 24hours = 348+ hours), I better love it or get my head examined. It just seems like DICE doesn't fully test the software before shipping it, remember the infamous hotfix, to fix the 1st patch? That is par for the course for Dice. Better and more thorough BETA testing both internally and externally would solve this problem. Overall EA/DICE is poised to become the big boys in gaming, hell they already are!
                  Yep, I work as a software tester (non gaming related) and would lose my job if I sent out a patch right after a new major version.

Comment

Some new maps suck but warlords and ghost town are awesome.

The f2000 and SCAR are amazing, they will give you an edge in regular bf2...

Sorry, I dont have time to write more....

Comment

"Schlachtfeld 2 spezielle Kräfte"
                      :laugh: :laugh:

mmm...an aryan empire that would actually be aryan:rock:

Comment

TotalBF2 review coming up soon!

Comment

Whatever you do don't read gamespot.com's review.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserCobra
                            My shaders optimized three times before I went into the cache and cleared the extra folder. You should do this anyway. You only require the newest one. Otherwise I believe the verifying client data process will take longer. Be sure to defrag too...
                            Mine stopped optimizing after I cleared the folder. It was probably a coincidence.
                            Can you explain where the Cache Folder is???

Comment

Working...
                            X