f2000 unlocked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: f2000 unlocked

wow 1 more day ! HEY HOW MANY UNLOCKS WILL I BE ABLE TO GET I AM A SEAGENT MAJOR (50k) ?

Comment

I am a First Sergeant and I had 4 new unlocks after playing 1 round of SF...

I had 2 saved up so now I have 6 in total and I have NO idea what to do with them...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_the_Insane
        That is incorrect...

In BF2:SF there are some new weapons that are available to different sides as standard weapons (mainly the SEALs and the SAS, but the insurgents and rebels get the lovely RPG). The standard BF2 unlocks are available in BF2:SF if you have already unlocked them.

BF2 (post BF2:SF and the 1.12 patch), there are bascially 4 new unlocks available that you can unlock pretty much like any other unlockable weapon when you go up a rank with one extra rule. To unlock the new assault class unlock (the F2000) you need to have already unlocked the G3. The same applies to the Spec Ops, Medic, Support and Engineer. The Sniper and the AT get no new unlocks.

Additionally it may be the patch or the install of BF2:SF or both but I got 3 more unlocks without going up a rank last night (all at once)...
        Damn... talk about cofusing people. Look at your statement in Bold. No wonder people get confused around here.

Its pretty simple really.

BF:SF gets new unlocks that they can use in vanilla BF:2 HOwever, it just depends on what army your on as to what gun shows up. TEAR GAS as far as I can see is NOT available on BF:2 People in the BF:2 threads are complaing about tear gas, when they actually got flash banged..lol They don't even know what it feels like to get gased. Also, you can't use the zip line and grapple hooks on BF:2 servers. That would be pretty damn funny, ziplining through Karkand. However, it would really put you at a huge advantage over the enemy BF:2 vanilla players. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by HYP3R
          BF:SF gets new unlocks that they can use in vanilla BF:2 HOwever, it just depends on what army your on as to what gun shows up.
          Dude, you say simple and they you say the above which is simply wrong (I think ). Take the F2000 unlock for example in BF2 vanilla. The reason I could unlock it was because A. I got the opportunity to unlock some unlocakble weapons and B. because I had already unlocked the G3.

If does not matter if I play as MEC, US Marines or the Chinese Army, I still have the option of using either the G3 or the F2000 unlock (or the default assault weapon)...

Of course it is entirely possible that we are talking about different things and confusing everyone in the process .

Personally I woul have loved to have seen the Grapple in the vanilla game rather than the flashbang, that would have been cool...

Comment

Ok, here's my take on everything...

1) Vanilla BF2 - IF you have installed BF2:SF AND the 1.12 patch, you can unlock the new SF weapons for use in vanilla BF2 servers (INCLUDING THE FLASHBANGS). The grappling hooks, zip lines and tear gas are NOT available on a vanilla BF2 server. If you have both SF and the patch, the unlock rule from the original BF2 applies. It doesn't matter which team you are on, you can still use the unlocks.

2) BF2:SF - The basic Tier 1 weapons that anyone can use regardless of unlocks and rank have changed a bit. Depending what army you play on, you have access to these weapons. Therefore, the old unlock rule does not apply the same in SF as it did in BF2. All of the new features (ie...zip lines, grappling hooks, etc.) are available only on certain maps. NOT ALL OF THEM.

3) Tear gas - DEVASTATING! If you haven't experienced it yet, I won't ruin the surprise. Let's just say that you will be rendered completely useless if you run into some without your mask.

4) Flashbangs - Devastating as well. However there is one thing to note. If you throw a flashbang around a corner and then get away from it, you will STILL be affected to some extent. I personally feel that this is garbage and should be changed. If I am behind the cover of a building or a door, that flashbang should not affect me at all. But regardless, I wouldn't want to be on the MEC team on Karkand with a handful of Marines with flashbangs coming at me.

5) The F2000 - Amazing weapon. Extremely accurate with the added bonus of a grenade launcher. The rounds this thing puts out are also very powerful.

6) The G36E - Very nice. 2 clicks on burst and any soldier is toast. I find it to be a major upgrade from the L85.

I would put info on more weapons, but I only had 3 unlocks available as a Gunnery Sergeant and I chose the G3 so that I could get to the infamous F2000.

I have yet to be able to find a SF map that I have access to an actual "unlock", but I haven't played all that much. I will be playing around more with it after work and will update the details as I find them.

Comment

i can get the G36E medic tier 2 gun for vanilla
              same with my L96A1 and my MG6 havy machine gun

grappling hooks own, and when coupled with a zip line you can get practically anywhere

Comment

Why Is This Such A Hard Concept!?

edit: I figured it out. It's because(and this is coming from my friend's mom's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend's friend who works as an intern at CNN), 98.783% of the BF2 community is mentally challenged and below the age of 13.

Comment

Congratulations, you're part of that demographic. This is an age old thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilla-Killa
                    u can only use the f2000 for sas i believe
                    nah, ive been playing jalabad, karkand and the rest and ive piced it up off dead mec's...

Comment

f2000 not as good as G3

Comment

oddly enough, i find g3 lacking for direct assault on IO because there aren't enough rounds. much better for medium range, laid back sniping of the fartknockers who try to rush the USMC uncap for a bit of spawn camping.

in IO, i'd usually choose the f2000 (more rounds, flashbangs, gl) over the g3 during an attack on a cp any day...

...except that medics with the g36e or sa8 are the hands-down superior assault class of BF2.

Comment

Working...
                        X