Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The only way SF will survive

Originally posted by jdrou
    Mods like Forgotten Hope and Desert Combat? BF42 was almost nothing but a base for mods. I don't think I played vanilla BF42 at all after discovering BattleGroup42 and DC. I expect the same will happen when FH and BG release for BF2 (though I may continue to play on my favorite server some even if they don't run the mods).

You are right, but what I meant was that they usually won't get that many servers up or attract as much attention as an official release like special forces, and that game doesn't even have that many servers, but that is mostly for the 64 player games. But who knows, maybe some mod will get a lot of attention if they come out soon enough.

Comment

Anyone want to bet $20 that more people will be playing EOD/FH2/POE2 in a year then there will be people playing SF?

Comment

Mods > Expansion.

Nough said.

Comment

"What they should have done is make is so that your stats only factor in if:

1. you are in a squad and
          2. your team wins."

--------------

yes. please.

Comment

Originally posted by Boojie
            "What they should have done is make is so that your stats only factor in if:

1. you are in a squad and
            2. your team wins."

--------------

yes. please.
            But sometimes my best rounds are when I'm top of the team and we still lose. I can't be everywhere so I shouldn't be penalized because the rest of my team wasn't as good as the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
              But sometimes my best rounds are when I'm top of the team and we still lose. I can't be everywhere so I shouldn't be penalized because the rest of my team wasn't as good as the other team.
              Good point. And not to accuse you personally, but right now the "guys on top" in terms of points are the helo boys. Post 1.2, there probably wont be as much of a difference between high scores and a team win.

Right now, there is no penalty for a team loss. None. Let's try and bring that into the equation. Maybe that guy's specific solution is not the best one to adopt. I don't know. But I think there should be some attempt to address teamwork and penalties (or lack of rewards) for not being a team player.

Comment

Originally posted by Boojie
                Good point. And not to accuse you personally, but right now the "guys on top" in terms of points are the helo boys. Post 1.2, there probably wont be as much of a difference between high scores and a team win.

Right now, there is no penalty for a team loss. None. Let's try and bring that into the equation. Maybe that guy's specific solution is not the best one to adopt. I don't know. But I think there should be some attempt to address teamwork and penalties (or lack of rewards) for not being a team player.
                Well, you can't get one of the ribbons, War College, if you don't have a 3:1 win/loss ratio. If medals are your thing than it's important that you win each round. So there already is that incentive.

As for me personally, the times I'm top of the team are usually because I capture the most flags. I'm pretty big on that, while the rest of the team is assualting the enemies main bases I go about collecting capture points. Rarely do I get a chance to fly a heli, since they are usually already taken.

But I understand the reason behind the idea. People should focus on winning a map more than actually getting the highest score. In previous BF games, without the stats, people mostly played to win, so teamwork was it's own reward.

Comment

Originally posted by BurnTheWeed
                  Well, you can't get one of the ribbons, War College, if you don't have a 3:1 win/loss ratio. If medals are your thing than it's important that you win each round. So there already is that incentive.
                  Nice! I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

(I do admit to being addicted to the drumroll)

Comment

Look guys, people play games for different reasons. A developer cannot force an individual to play a certain way. I see a lot of people complaining on these forums about how EA should do more to force others to play the game the same way they do.

It's absurd really. You want to penalize people whose teams don't win? Seems to me that you're just encouraging "team stacking," and people who jump sides just to be on the winning team.

Who cares if people go lone wolf? Who cares if they play in squads? All these things are beyond any one persons circle of control. EA and others can attempt to influence the actions of others when it comes to game play style, but they can't control it.

The only thing an individual has control over is his/her own style of play. If you are particularly good with a tank, but tend to suck with everything else, then why not just drive tanks all the time?

"You know, Peyton Manning is doing a great job at QB, but he's just a stat whore and ****ing it up for everyone else. I think we'll put him on the offensive line next week, you know, to even it out for the other guys. It's just not fair to the other team."

Who cares what the "guys on top" are doing? If I run around on foot for an entire map as AT or assault, and get a lot of points but die a lot doing it, I don't look at the score board at the end of the map and think to myself: "**** that guy on top. I had to run around and work my ass off all round for 50 points, while he just flew around and got twice my score. I hate this game."

Don't worry about how other people play the game.

Comment

Working...
                    X