Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punish system destroyed Engineer Class

In the last 20 games of BF2 I played.. I cannot recall seeing any
    mines laying anywhere on the map.. NONE, ZERO.

I play mostly wake island only..

I would have loved to play the engineer class more, especially after
    unlocking the shotgun, but I stopped using it shortly after giving it a
    try.. because I would get punished 99.999999999999999999% of the
    time for teammates who didnt know what the big red X meant..

The punish system in BF2 is a total joke. Just take a standard 2 point
    deduction for a team kill, accidental or not, and go on with it.. why did
    DICE decide they would give someone a option to punish another player?

Didnt they realize the obvious.. EVERYONE IS GOING TO PUNISH NO
    MATTER WHOS FAULT IT IS.. Sure go ahead and say; 'oh I dont punish
    when its accident, or whatever..' BULLLLL SH|T. Then why do I and
    ALL my buddies get punished 99.999999999999% of the time..

Its one of the biggest jokes of BF2..

Re: Punish system destroyed Engineer Class

I agree that the punishment system seems a bit harsh.

I never punish - unless I see the guy pointing the gun at my face and pulling the trigger because he wants the tank I'm about get into. The reason being that the vast majority of the time its either accidental, in the middle of a big firefight, or my own stupidity for not seeing the big red X.

The point is, though, that unless I'm wrong, you get points deducted for the teamkill and then more points off if they punish - so you lose points anyway even if they forgive you. Or is that only for vehicle damage?

Comment

Probably because "99.99999999999999%" of BF2 players don't understand the concepts of human error, admiting mistakes, bad judgement, fair play, mercy/compassion, etc.

To answer your question: yes. Probably.

Comment

I only punish when I'm mad. I think that rule is fair enough, just dont **** off the guy thats already mad....

Comment

There is only one things that deserve punishes, people who kill for vehicles. Thats all people should be punished for because 99.999999999999% the other team kills are accidental.

Comment

I can understand if you get punished and kicked. It can be frustrating, but if I get punished, I rarely give a Shizzle.

I dunno, I see the frustration especially if you're playing engy, but other than that...I get over it pretty quickly...or hunt the smacktard down (I can't believe I used smacktard in a sentence ....I'm so 1337 hahaha).

Comment

I think the punish system should be team poll based. Then if you get killed by a team killer in order to punish you have to start a teampoll and your team votes. That way you should be able to limit most of the n00bs from punishing.

Comment

or just remove teamkills for mines...

Comment

Originally posted by AsclepiusZ
                  or just remove teamkills for mines...

The system will always be abused unless its fixed. I personally don't use mines often so the biggest problem I reach is people standing inront of my jet(ones with Verticle Takeoff).

Comment

I play engineer a lot, and I rarely lay mines because of this problem. In fact, the only time I lay mines is if I am 100% certain that nobody on my team can hit them.

Comment

Since I am completely pi$$ed off because of those teammates who run the AT mines and punish I decided to revive this topic! better than starting a new thread anyway!

Because of the idiot teammates who do not see the red skull I started not to care completely about my score, which is a very good thing BTW.

It tunred out that AT mines kill more friendlies than enemies. Really amazing! are the people that idiot!?

So here is what I am gonna do: I enjoy playing engeneer a lot. I like killing enemies with AT mines (It really feel special for me!). If one day you get killed by Duck_1 mines then please punish. Please do not forgive! I will keep placing mines in the strategic points and if you get killed then you deserve it! I do not care if you punish.

Today in almost all of my games I ended with a negative "teamwork" score. all of my repair and CP caprure points were wiped out because of the idiots.

So to the idiots I say: Keep punishing and I will keep placing mines for you to punish and get you killed.

Comment

where's the poll ?

Comment

I used to always place AT Mines for enemy armor etc, now I don't mainly because of the reason of the constant punnishing, and because the enemy can now just throw a grenade beside the mines and they blow up.

Only time when I will use AT Mines is if there is enemy armor stationery, raping a spawn then I will stick one in front of the tread and one behind the tread of the tank.

Engineer is like my 3rd most played kit, AT Mines when they couldnt be blown up with grenades etc was good, the enemy had to find another way round.

I think that EA in the next patch should make the AT Mines only damagable towards the enemy, and friendlys can drive over them etc and neither the friendly or the AT Mines will be damaged, also the AT Mines should be able to not be blown up, only if a enemy engineer uses the wrench of whatever to disable them.

Comment

yeah, i hate the punish system. For the last 2 months, i havn't punished except the time where some guy teamkilled me 6 times in a row when i was commander on purpose. I don't really think i should punish for anything unintentional, i mean, if i walk in an alleyway, and suddenly in front of my eyes, a teammate appears, and tks me. I don't punish, cuase i know it's just one of those instincts, when u see somebody pop right out of "nowhere" u would probably shoot them too.

Comment

No, I dont believe it "ruined" the engineer class. People would use mines unresponsibly if the punish system was not in place. So, no I think it is fine and it doesnt deminish the usefullness of engineer (an already partially useless class).

Comment

Working...
                              X