Am I the only one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one?

Originaly posted by Domicinator When I read these forums, I feel like I'm the only one who's NOT having problems with Battlefield 2. (I guess it's only natural that the people posting to the forums are the ones having problems.) Ok I'm going to say it. Ready for this? Here goes. I don't think Battlefield 2 is all that buggy. I think user carelessness is often mistaken for bugginess.
    I feel with you mate...

Comment

Nice post. I think you hit the nail on the head.

Thanks also for providing a few tips. I think everyone will agree that this is much more constructive than the "let's sue EA because they suxxors" posts.

Comment

I completely agree with the original post. I already do a full re-install every 6 months (at most). I dread to think what it would be like after 3 years!! I'm running duel 6800gt's on the game. When i installed the second card after several months of running just a single i would get a few game crash or freezing issues. I know it wasn't an overheating problem for me, the system is fully watercooled and the gpu's never get over 50deg C even when o/c'd. I did a full re-install with the latest set of graphics drivers and haven't had a single problem with the game since.
        Bad PC maintenance is a sure fire way to get software issues.

Comment

I've never had any issues with the game either, apart from the occasional red team mate and other minor annoyances.

Comment

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
            BTW... if your system is 3 years old then how come you can play this game?!?! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
            Why not? It's an Athlon XP 1800+, 512 MB RAM, nVidia 5900XT. Everythings on the lowest settings, but it still runs.

And I bought that comp back in 2002, with the exception of the video card which I upgraded a yr and a half ago.

Comment

its human nature for people to whine if they dont get there way. only prob i had is whne the game would crash to desktop when i started singleplayer but i fixed that by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. other that that no probs.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
                I've never had any issues with the game either, apart from the occasional red team mate and other minor annoyances.
                Yeah that's the only thing I see is the red friendly bug, now and again not too often.

It's a hungry program and with 1gb ram I struggle a bit, but that's my only issue and I think that's why people get a few issues with this due to it being very hungry.

Comment

I agree with the gist of your post.

I actually have a problem with BF2 where it randomly crashes to desktop. That's why I'm doing various things with my PC to try to solve the problem, rather than "ranting" about it.

P.S.- For those experiencing this problem, I've got it narrowed down to two things:

1.) A conflict with Norton Anti-Virus. I've had no crashes since shutting down NAV during gameplay. But since the crashes appear to be random, I can't be sure I've solved the problem. Of course, you should never run any AV proggy in the background of a game. Since NAV is so intertwined into my system, it's a bitch to completely shut down every time I want to game. You have to end like a half dozen processes. I may switch to AVG because its far less invasive.

2.) GPU heat. I brought it down a little by adding 2 intake fans, but it's still peaking over 90. Next, I'm going to replace the GPU fan. It's a Leadtek 6600GT, and it has been a very hot card. Especially in BF2.

Last resort, I'll upgrade my RAM. I'm only running 1GB right now, and I know an extra gig would help.

Hope I could help anyone having these troubles.

Comment

I don't have any technical problems with BF2 - I just think they screwed the pooch on a number of game design and balance issues.

Comment

I have zero technical problems with it. Only thing I see problems with are the aa bs, and the red man bug.

As for needing all that crap to keep your machine going - you don't. My gaming rig is just that - for gaming. No antispy, anti virus, anti anything on it. Just bf2, ventrilo, teamspeak, and xfire. That is it. I don't even have SP2 for xp on there - just sp1.

I have not had to reboot my machine for any reason since the day it came out. The only time my machine has booted from from a power outage one day that auto booted it. Other than that - my machine is up 24/7...as are the rest of my machines.

If you know what you are doing, and take care of your machines - they will perform for you the way they are intended.

Comment

Yeah, the only issue I have sometimes is the teammates showing up as red thing. I have learned to recognize camo etc instead....

Comment

Well, some people like to have a fully working product instead of a malfunctioning one.

My problems:

-AA tracking bug
                          -General hit detection (missles going trough buggies and such when standing still)
                          -Battlerecoder crashing after a while
                          -red/blue bug

Comment

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
                            I am sure your system is working slower than what it should be! try reinstalling xp after those three years and notice the difference. I think the guy who suggested that you have to reinstall xp every 8 months or so is correct. I consider myself pc junkie! I know the details of windows and the hardware down to very significant details.. I can tell you that you'd better install xp after three years if you keep installing/reinstalling software very often (like me!). Actually I will be very surprised if you say that you ran your system for three years and you are not having nay problem and the speed is still the same.

BTW... if your system is 3 years old then how come you can play this game?!?! :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
                            my main PC is 4 years old, the only updating i have had to do to it is install a 512 stick of ram (bring it to 1 GB) and a new vid card other then that i run virus scans every week 2 anti spyware scans a week (sometimes more) and 1 defrag every week. i have verry few problems with bf2.

the only things i dislike about it is how long it takes to load up a map on my system.
                            eavin going back to BH hoaring i had 0 problem with that as a BH dose not last that long to a hum-V shooting at it.
                            i think for every person who complanes there are 2 people who enjoy the game, they just dont post here because they will just get flamed for being a smacktard.

Comment

Working...
                            X