Command with Battle Coms = :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Command with Battle Coms =

How about getting rid of the points system all together or get points only if in squad. Would that help the team play

Comment

Originally posted by sus100
      How about getting rid of the points system all together or get points only if in squad. Would that help the team play
      Sure, but that would produce a lot of solo squads which don't give a damn about orders. They just occupy a squad slot. Although that wouldn't be a change. Todays gameplay feels like everytime you get in a squad, the leader just does his own thing and doesn't care about his squadmates. He camps the runway, the helipad, the tank spawn or just goes away sniping in some woodland area faar faaaar away from the battle. That's not mentioning the inactive ones.

The worst type though.. is the ones that grabs a car of some sort. Sits in in all alone. I repeatedly ask for a ride over the comsystem, and they drive off into the sunset as though they've heard nothing. Not once, but on several occasions per round. Very seldom I've seen a leader that forsake the cobra for an apc to carry his troops into the next battle. Or a squad leader that rather run on foot than grab a tank which houses one extra seat. And if someone occupies it, you can't spawn on him. Extremely annoying.

What this game needs is a very heavy incentive to help your squad mates as a squad leader and vice versa. As it is, it just doesn't work. It needs engagement from people who don't want to help out at all...

Comment

If the incentive of doing the best you can for your team isn't enough, there's nothing that will inspire you to do better teamwork.

Simple as that.

I'd rather that this thread not become yet another venting ground for poor teamwork. Yes, there's lots of crappy players out there. We all know this. Continually grousing over the subject isn't going to help.

I'd much prefer that we spend atleast some time discussing the good players and the good FUN that that can be had.
        BF2's greatest weakness is it's poor players, but it's greatest strenght is it's best players too.

The one thing that blows me away every time it happens is when good communication takes place between people from all over that don't even know each other. I can't possibly the only one that keeps seeing this!

Who knows... maybe I am.
        I seem to be a rare exception in trying to get this stuff happening.

Comment

Talking to people to coordinate and get teamwork going is actually the reason I tried joining a clan. It was great! I got to know some people and the games we played over TeamSpeak were the best games of BF2 I've ever played.

Alas, many of the players weren't really commited to playing BF2 much (as it was primarily a CoD clan) so that's come to an end now. I know clan play isn't for everyone, but why not give it a try? You might be surprised.

A tactic I've seen is to make a custom squad called 'mics only' or something similar. That often produces a VoIP-using squad.

I've never had a commander that used VoIP in-game..okay, I lie. I had ONE commander. And all I could hear was some loud, distorted german, totally impossible to understand (even if you knew how to speak german in the first place :P ). And this was on an official EA UK server, haha.

I see a lot of people on TBF2 who want to play with others that aren't idiots, that talk, communicate, play as a team, and so on. Makes me wish the TBF2 server actually ever got some players on it, it might be pretty good..whenever I look it's always empty. In fact, I don't even know if it's still there these days.

Comment

I try to use this option, but more often than not, I know nobody can actually hear me because VOIP is all messed up.

I'm not sure if it is because I'm always running a 3rd party VOIP app to chat with my friends and maybe it is interfering somehow...

Anyway...I have ALWAYS found that a GREAT commander ALWAYS uses the V key and gives verbal intel. While the 'enemy spotted' can be useful...it's not as useful as a verbal description... e.g. enemy squad around the back of such and such building, stealing a tank, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
              I know clan play isn't for everyone, but why not give it a try? You might be surprised.
              I did the "clan" thing for quite awhile. a Tribe, really. The game was Tribes 1 & 2. The clan lasted for about 4 years and I was the primary founder.
              It had it's moments and was hella fun... and people keep buggin me to make one for BF2, but the pain in the rear outwieghs the benifet at this time.

I've been invited to join a couple clans, but I've yet to meet one in BF2 that is well suited to me.
              *shrug*
              I like playing with random people as well as my buds anyway.
              A tactic I've seen is to make a custom squad called 'mics only' or something similar. That often produces a VoIP-using squad.
              This I've done too.
              "Voice opps" is a common name I'll use to attract people.

Comment

Originally posted by Faithful
                shut up, your a prick
                1st warning, I wouldn't post like that again if I were you mate.

Comment

Well in the whole time i have played BF2 i have only ever seen 1 commander that has used Comms! Shame really.

Comment

How do you go through the trouble of installing a mic and not know 'V' activates it? That's just weird.

Comment

^^ Haha true.

Comment

I think the problem is like wargimp states. It depends on the players. All one can do is keep trying to find a good game with teamwork. Rare i agree but worth it.
                        One thing we can all do is show the way. Use coms, talk to the commander, talk to the squad. Sometimes trying it changes everything and some people need to be shown what they are missing.
                        How many times have we lost a game due to the other side working as a team? I think that the ones who like teamwork have to keep trying to use it. Yes a lot of imatures play.....but if you look at these forums there a re plenty of seriuus gamers out there.

Comment

Working...
                        X