Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silliness is the RULE of BF2, NOT the exception..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silliness is the RULE of BF2, NOT the exception..

I've always wondered why people feel the need to make a scene when they decide to stop playing a game, visiting a forum, etc... Maybe this is the only attention they get all day or something.

Comment

Originally posted by CS-Evolution
      I've always wondered why people feel the need to make a scene when they decide to stop playing a game, visiting a forum, etc... Maybe this is the only attention they get all day or something.
      Obviously, you don't have kids!
      Well, neither do I, but I've there's 8 younguns out there that call me "Uncle".

The issue here is that some people never develop beyond themselves. They can never see that there is a whole world out there that might just dissagree with them. Since there's nothing they can do about it, they throw temper tantrums and make scenes. It's very common in 5 yearolds and unfortunatly, some people just never develop beyond that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
        Since you don't realize it, there are other publishers other than EA and other developers other than DICE. If you compare their products to their competitors, I'm pretty sure the extreme difference in true community awareness, efficient code, and actually giving a flying flip, are very obvious. It doesn't take someone with a masters in computer science to see that DICE borked BF2 and a PhD in Business to see EA is concerned about money, regardless of how they get it (IE: lying to potential customers flat out and all but ignoring them once they get their money).
        That's business for ya. I never said EA was the best in quality service and honesty, but they have have to make money. Every developer, just like EA, is concerned about money, EA is just blatant about it and will do anything for it. DICE is handling with a new engine here, if nobody predicted that there would be bugs and problems with the game BEFORE they bought it, then they probably need a masters in computer science.

Hmmmm, so you're saying people cant complain/ criticize about buggy software if they cant fix it themselves?
        Yes I am. The people who criticize coders/game developers are usually people who have absolutely NO CLUE about developing/coding and the stress/time that is placed in making a computer game WITH A NEW ENGINE might I add which places more chaos into the bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by nbft
          Yes I am. The people who criticize coders/game developers are usually people who have absolutely NO CLUE about developing/coding and the stress/time that is placed in making a computer game WITH A NEW ENGINE might I add which places more chaos into the bowl.
          lol but seriously man, do u really think all the beta testers know programming? sometimes u dont need to be an expert to spot the problems in that specific area. personally im more like a system operator/administrator, i dont do much programming stuff, except for some web coding and system scripting (precisely they are not programming). but i still know what an efficient peice of program should look like, and how it should run.

Comment

I for one am glad to see that you will no longer be posting here. 90% of your posts are negative or non-constructive complaints about the same things over and over and over again.

Comment

Well hey, ya know what? They get paid to develop and code a game, and I don't! In fact, I pay for it! So spare me the "...you can't bash them unless you can do it yourself.." arguement, please. It's their responsibility to fix it, it's their job to fix it. As a paying customer of their handywork, I have a pretty damn good reason to bitch if it's not up to my expectations.

Would you tell someone they can't complain about the work a mechanic does, because they have "no idea what's involved"? No, you wouldn't. You paid them for a product or service, and if you feel they've screwed you over, you can complain as much as you want!

Comment

some how i have to disagree...this game got me addicted pretty fast and i prob still am...maybe there were some parts that i was hoping tosee like better teamwork and voice commands..but wat really kept me at the game was the fact of 32 ppl vs 32 ppl teams in all wage out war with tanks and the moments when i was like ...holy **** when a tank comes out of nowhere and blows up my squad

Comment

ill have all your post counts

Comment

Originally posted by CS-Evolution
                    Well hey, ya know what? They get paid to develop and code a game, and I don't! In fact, I pay for it! So spare me the "...you can't bash them unless you can do it yourself.." arguement, please. It's their responsibility to fix it, it's their job to fix it. As a paying customer of their handywork, I have a pretty damn good reason to bitch if it's not up to my expectations.
                    They also get paid to finish developing and coding a game on a deadline. It's obvious you didn't read up on BF2 before pruchasing it. You obviously didn't know that a new engine was being developed on it. You obviously didn't know that what you were buying was an experiment. By buying BF2, you've basically purchased a game whose engine is still being developed and worked on.

C'mon dude, you play CS: Source, right? I thought you would know this by now because Valve is a perfect comparison of this situation.

Would you tell someone they can't complain about the work a mechanic does, because they have "no idea what's involved"? No, you wouldn't. You paid them for a product or service, and if you feel they've screwed you over, you can complain as much as you want!
                    No I wouldn't because 1) Coding is different from mechanics (obviously) and 2) Mechanics have never majorly changed. Unlike mechanics, the way of developing and coding video games is always changing and developers are facing different bugs and problems with their game every time theymake another game.

But then again, you bought the game and took the risk, ESPECIALLY from EA. Don't tell me you didn't know the risks of buying a game published by EA. If not, then honestly, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt_Havok
                      > Now it's just kids in choppers all the time.

You know what? I love those kids in choppers. I love those uber-skilled pilots that make me want to pound my desk in frustration. I love pilots who carpetbomb the only spawn left right after it gets arty shelled.

You know why? Because it gives me something to fight against. I feel a sense of accompishment anytime I can shoot those bastards down. And if by keeping those airjocks in check, we can manage to turn a game around, it's a great feeling.

Quit with the "Woe is me" crap and get back in the game.

This game has gear whores, snipers, bunny hoppers, supermen/aquamen/dolphins, TK'ers, saboteurs, pwners, noobs, l33t d00ds, kids and grownups (all in varying states of maturity). Accept and move on, or gtfo.

If you quit trying to mold the game into the image YOU want, you might find yourself having fun with the game that's already there. Sure, I'de like someone to park a dumptruck full of money and supermodels at my house, but instead of whining about how much life sucks because that dumptruck hasn't found my house yet, I just live the life I've got and enjoy it to the best of my ability.
                      Ditto.

Comment

They also get paid to finish developing and coding a game on a deadline. It's obvious you didn't read up on BF2 before pruchasing it. You obviously didn't know that a new engine was being developed on it. You obviously didn't know that what you were buying was an experiment. By buying BF2, you've basically purchased a game whose engine is still being developed and worked on.

C'mon dude, you play CS: Source, right? I thought you would know this by now because Valve is a perfect comparison of this situation.

No I wouldn't because 1) Coding is different from mechanics (obviously) and 2) Mechanics have never majorly changed. Unlike mechanics, the way of developing and coding video games is always changing and developers are facing different bugs and problems with their game every time theymake another game.

But then again, you bought the game and took the risk, ESPECIALLY from EA. Don't tell me you didn't know the risks of buying a game published by EA. If not, then honestly, lol.
                        In that entire statement, you still did not come close to even addressing the arguement I set forth. The above doesn't justify at all your statement that people shouldn't bash a game unless they can program it thenselves. I'm not going to argue with you just for the sake of arguement.

Comment

so im guessing youre not happy with bf2 then?! hehehe.

Youve got a point, but I still love it!!!

Comment

1. How is EA the worst publisher in the market? If they were the worst, they'd be out of business by now, but guess what? They're doing pretty well.
                            2. DICE can't write a decent piece of code? And I suppose you're the one to fix BF2 with your uber-leet programming skills? No one should every criticize DICE's coding unless they could fix it themselves.
                            3. Combining the 2 was awesome (in a way). BF2 is a good game if you have FRIENDS [in the RL] to play it with.
                            firstly EA does suck because most of their software is uncomplete and rushed, not to mention buggy. plus they are in business since they have a lot of money and are buying up the market.

2. yes they cant, their code is inneficient and sloppy, like all other PC developers. thats why they develop on PC, because it is so forgiving unlike console which are straight forward and will crash if you are a lazy bastard. one reason i can tell their code is bad, is the amount of memory used, they are just allotting more and more memory when they dont really need to, it just helps them cause they are lazy.

3. and most people have friends that go do other things than sit a computer screen in a hot sweaty room

Comment

DICE is unable to code a game

Comment

Working...
                              X