Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Special Forces Will Cut the Idiot Population

Originally posted by Jesse
    It's come to my attention with the big hype on the lighting in Special Forces, that EA has a secret agenda to limit (read:eliminate) the idiots in game via other means. Obviously, the idiots you run into in Vanilla BF2 are going to make the transition to Special Forces, and EA knows this. (other than the fact they're banking on people buying it, but that aside) Now, when no amount of video card tweaks or brightness/contrast/gamma tweaks help and people still aren't able to see without the use of the in-game night vision, people are going to try to mod the monitor itself...and get electrocuted in the process. They're either going to get a good dose of electroconvulsive therapy in which they possible might get the logic centers in their brain activated, or they'll simply be electrocuted to death. So the salvation of the community is at hand!
    Its a bigger chance that they will turn the contrast so much up that they strain their eyes and end up with damaged eyesight.

Comment

Everyone settle down, there will be enough idiots to go around.

Comment

IRT to the original poster:

I disagree.

You say, that because the aspect of nightvision is introduced to the game, players will be discouraged to play the game, as if the only way of dealing with night levels is by altering the monitor or gfx card or whateve to essentially cheat.

First of all: Anyone can have nightvision goggles whenever they chose. It looks (as we have so far seen in the pre release movies) that spec ops can use nightivison whenever they want, and possibly other classes, if i remember correctly from the last, big vid. Nightvision goggles are very easy to use, and take up the bare sides of the screen.

Also, I say that the whole dynamic behidn the game, that every one is 'special' as if better than the average guy, will make more people play who think that its fine to just run around like a dumbass with all your awesome weapons. I predict that the game will draw players away from CS, giving us an influx of mostly immature gamers who just care about score. Also, I'm sure the fact that SF has its own special awards and maybe ranks is enough to draw some people into the game, those who simply care about score and little else.

I say that SF appeals to the less mature kid who wants to run around as a super soldier with all his cool weapons and gadgets. Also, a good portion of the more mature and reasoning people will be boycotting the game, thus making the ratio of smacktards to non asshat players even more dismal.

Also, specifically citing your first sentence, that EA has an agenda to get rid of the idiot gamers, is wholly unfounded. a good portion BF2 gamers are what most would consider idiot gamers. The idiots come with the popularity of the game. EA has its agenda, Money is first, everything else is dead last. Therefore, they run immature adds like "smack talk all the noobs you just pwned" to try to attract the immature kid with a need to be better than someone at something.

Comment

All they will do is put on nightvision, and spam everywhere with bullets. If something moves.. WHAM! 200 bullets in that general direction.

BTW Fig, luv the quote in ur sig. Made me laugh :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse
            Nah, but I was taking apart an Olympus digital camera once that'd been broke for like....two years and the capacitor still had a charge in it and it shocked me. Nothing compared to what a monitor could do to you, but still.
            I've been hit by 277volts with 15 amps of current going through the circuit. I was almost killed by 480 volt in a high rise when the idiot next to me touched his wrench from the hot lug to the grounded casing. Man you don't know how bad I wanted to punch his face in.

Comment

Thanks Fig, I was waiting on someone to take me completely literally. It took longer than I thought, but I knew it would happen.

I do agree about the money first, everything else last sort of thing EA is seeming to take though, and your ideas of most idiots does seem well founded, so I agree with that. The rest I say...lighten up man, geez.

Comment

meh, it will be just like the plain BF2...play everything (especially lighting) on low settings and night will become day. No need to adjust gamma or mess around with the monitor...just use the 'legal' hack.

Really, whatever happened to the games when you had an advantage when putting all settings at high? this is the first game I have seen where its the EXACT opposite.

Comment

My feeling is that SF is like "The secret weapons of WWII" mod for bf42. I could be wrong... but I recall that I never saw someone playing that mod. I think the idiots will bounce back to bf2 after a while.

Comment

BF2 was made to appeal to CS kiddies.
                    After the success they decided to go even further and just copy CS and call it an expansion.

Comment

Working...
                    X