Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pilot switching mid flight?

Originally posted by BeerStein
    Alright - I am not crying wolf...or hack as you might think. This could just impeccable timing with squad leader/squad member...but check this out.

Last night I was in the J-10 chasing an F-35 (both single seater planes). We were on the 64 Dragon Valley map (no bombers) and I know I was chasing an F-35.

I had been trying like crazy to take out the jet, and I had one missle into him and a number of machine gun rounds - he was smoking pretty bad. He circles around and I get the feeling he is getting ready to bail at the Chinese airfield - still going full throttle - he straighted out after a big banking turn and started flying dead at the flag and not flying around crazily. Sure enough he goes into just a slight dive towards the flag and bails out about where the warehouse is with the tank and APC.

I am still directly behind the plane - gunning it trying to blow it up before it crashes into the hangers (just for sh*ts and giggles to see if I can for practice) - then all of the sudden the plane appears with a red tag and noses up and keeps flying. I keep following it and shoot it down less than a minute later.

The tag name of the player that I shot down was completely different than the one I had chased to the point of bailing out. The one I killed was a long name and had -=xxx=- (dont remember the letters) as a tag in front of the name. The original pilot had no tag and was a shorter name.

How in THEE HELL did they do this? Was the original pilot a squad leader and when he ejected his squad member spawned on him and hit his enter vehicle button as soon as he spawned in? This is the only thing I can think they did - but the timing had to be something unreal. The plane was in a shallow dive - not much less than horizontal (not a deep dive like falling speed) when the pilot bailed out. The plane was not much higher than the roof tops - and was lower than the top of the smoke stacks. The pilot barely had time to eject before his chute popped out and he drifted down 40' to the ground - if it was even that far. Not even a split second later the plane veered off with its new pilot.

I am not immediately yelling hack - but you have to admit this is pretty fishy.

I can see if the plane was in a steep dive when the pilot jumped out - you can spawn on a SL in free fall - but not when they are in a chute. The pilot popped his chute almost immediately following his bail out - due to how low he was. In that split second, someone else took the plane and flew away.
    maybe a planewhore on the ground saw the jet coming down and seized an oppurtunity to get in a jet before it blew up?

Comment

Working...
    X