Pilot switching mid flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot switching mid flight?

Alright - I am not crying wolf...or hack as you might think. This could just impeccable timing with squad leader/squad member...but check this out.

Last night I was in the J-10 chasing an F-35 (both single seater planes). We were on the 64 Dragon Valley map (no bombers) and I know I was chasing an F-35.

I had been trying like crazy to take out the jet, and I had one missle into him and a number of machine gun rounds - he was smoking pretty bad. He circles around and I get the feeling he is getting ready to bail at the Chinese airfield - still going full throttle - he straighted out after a big banking turn and started flying dead at the flag and not flying around crazily. Sure enough he goes into just a slight dive towards the flag and bails out about where the warehouse is with the tank and APC.

I am still directly behind the plane - gunning it trying to blow it up before it crashes into the hangers (just for sh*ts and giggles to see if I can for practice) - then all of the sudden the plane appears with a red tag and noses up and keeps flying. I keep following it and shoot it down less than a minute later.

The tag name of the player that I shot down was completely different than the one I had chased to the point of bailing out. The one I killed was a long name and had -=xxx=- (dont remember the letters) as a tag in front of the name. The original pilot had no tag and was a shorter name.

How in THEE HELL did they do this? Was the original pilot a squad leader and when he ejected his squad member spawned on him and hit his enter vehicle button as soon as he spawned in? This is the only thing I can think they did - but the timing had to be something unreal. The plane was in a shallow dive - not much less than horizontal (not a deep dive like falling speed) when the pilot bailed out. The plane was not much higher than the roof tops - and was lower than the top of the smoke stacks. The pilot barely had time to eject before his chute popped out and he drifted down 40' to the ground - if it was even that far. Not even a split second later the plane veered off with its new pilot.

I am not immediately yelling hack - but you have to admit this is pretty fishy.

I can see if the plane was in a steep dive when the pilot jumped out - you can spawn on a SL in free fall - but not when they are in a chute. The pilot popped his chute almost immediately following his bail out - due to how low he was. In that split second, someone else took the plane and flew away.

Re: Pilot switching mid flight?

If you're SURE it was a single seater, that is the only explanation I can think of.

Weird one.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
      If you're SURE it was a single seater, that is the only explanation I can think of.

Weird one.
      Yes I am sure - F-35's are only single seaters - as stated above. Also - the Map - Dragon Valley - does not have any bombers on it, yet another reason it was not 2 people legally in one plane.

No another plane did not fly by at the same time, or did that guy jump out and I just happen to see him pop his chute near where the other plane was. I was chasing a guy with one name, a different name took off just after the original bailed out.

I know what I saw - and I cannot explain it - that is why I am asking. There is probably someone out there that has tried this type of thing...I know I will be trying it this weekend - lol.

Just the fact he was going full speed and almost level flight gets me. When you bail from a plane - even if you don't pop your chute immediately, the plane will pass you in almost a second.

If someone was able to jump out of a plane mid flight, and get right back in - I could see this as being possible. That would be one way of getting your squad across the map pretty damn quick. Pop out, spawn a guy, get back in, pop out spawn a guy, get back in, etc etc.

Comment

If it was an F35, there would be no spawn on SL option for the 'squad member' because the plane would be full, he could never have clicked on his SL and been waiting to get in.

weird, how many beers had you had at that point?

Comment

But..if the SL bailed and the SM hit 'SPAWN' on SL at the same time and held down the 'Enter Vehicle' key..it's possible

Comment

This could be executed quite easily, as seen on various stunt movies, via VoIP. The pilot tells the other one to wait near the hangars, he sees the plane coming down, sees the pilot bail out, jumps up and hits enter. He was already there, waiting. No spawning at the last second, no impossible timing. Just coordination.

Comment

HAVE ANOTHER BEER WHY DONT YOU! LOL, i dont know what to say, wierd but i see weird **** all the time in this game.

Comment

There was no beer involved last night. I rarely drink alcohol when I play - makes me have to pis* too often - lol.

There was no guy that jumped up into the plane shafik - he was flying above the height of the buildings - not over the roof, but over the road leading to the airfield.

Maybe if there was a teammate below him wearing the Acme Blaster boots of uber jump to pop him over 40' in the air.

Other than that - it had to be the switch. SL has member on voice - says ready to spawn - SM keeps hitting his spawn button followed by enter vehicle key. There would only be a second for this to take place.

The second that the SL bails, the SM has to spawn (before SL can hit chute), and SM has to be spamming the enter vehicle button to grab the plane before it goes too far from SL.

Just must have been some HELLA timing. I will see if I can replicate - was just thinking someone else out there might have seen this before, or tried it at least.

Comment

I have read on this message board about a hack that allows people to spawn where ever they please, but I didn't think it is so precise as to put you into an empty moving plane.

I think you just thought you saw something that didnt really happen.

Did you see the guy jump out and a chute open?
                  Do you use any mind altering substances?
                  Do you wear thick glasses?
                  When was your last appointment with the eye doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                    I think you just thought you saw something that didnt really happen.

Did you see the guy jump out and a chute open?
                    Yes - plane was flying - nothing around him but air. Saw guy pop out of left side of plane and start free fall for a second, then immediately pop a chute. Guy did not free fall from above plane - because player looked like he was standing up for a split second before going into laydown/freefall mode

Do you use any mind altering substances?
                    none last night. on occasion I like to snort earthworms and lick poisonous toads for a quick high - but last night I was not on anything...unless someone snuck into my house and spiked my water! oh those evil weevils

Do you wear thick glasses?
                    contacts - no glare from coke bottle glasses....actually I lie. I am legally blind and I play by braille. really helps me feel the game

When was your last appointment with the eye doctor?
                    less than 2 months, no change in prescription - thanks for asking though. i have not been to the dentist in about 6 months though and I am due for a cleaning. maybe tartar buildup is the culprit. i will get right on this.

Comment

however whats the point... the planes heavaly damaged just switching with some 1 will do what... as u said you shot him down anyways

Comment

this aint as hard as it sounds

the guys in Sir. do it all the time its done diffrently for diffrent things but almost all ways it involves comms or blind luck

Comment

Is it even possible to spawn on a squad leader that is parachuting?

Imagine you spawn at your squad leader only to find yourself 100 feet in the air and plunge to your death before you can open your chute.
                          Anyone ever tried this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                            Is it even possible to spawn on a squad leader that is parachuting?

Imagine you spawn at your squad leader only to find yourself 100 feet in the air and plunge to your death before you can open your chute.
                            Anyone ever tried this?
                            I have seen the icon show spawn available when I know they are in free-fall (as told over voice) - but once the chute is open you cannot. I have tried to spawn on them before they opened the chute, but have not been able to.

Comment

I believe that the chute is consitered a 1 man vehicle. Thus, you can't spawn on an SL that has one open. In free fall, tho... I donno. The spawning code might be looking for legit surfaces to spawn you on before allowing it to happen. I've seen SLs as nice green dots on the spawn screen, but couldn't spawn on them... then I can and it turned out he was on some pacarious (like on a crane) or very tight (under some of those platfroms on the Dam) structure.

*shrug*
                              Worth testin.

Comment

Working...
                              X