What!?!? Unlockables!!? Ahhhhhh!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What!?!? Unlockables!!? Ahhhhhh!!!!

thunderbolt, ur sig is.....amusing......

Comment

I love my L85A1. I can sit run around and get a nice little 8 kill streak going in one round, which isn't so awful for pure infantry combat. I usually finish with about 15-20 kills with that gun. It's advantage isn't that it's accuracy is perfect, but that it regains its accuracy so quickly; much less than even a second, actually. At medium range with the scope and burst firing I've stopped four guys dead in their tracks all at once while barely suffering a scratch.

edit: yes, I know my stats say like 4.5 kills per game, but it's still counting all my terrible rounds from when I was a total n00b. :laugh:

Comment

I agree with the anti-l85 people. This is what happens on karkand, i'm on a rooftop, somebody is about 10m away, i go shoot at them in full auto, i see sparks flying on the ground all around him, finally hes dead after 30 rounds of ammo, i was just lucky he was a newbie and didn't turn back and return fire. The L85 sux, compared with the G3 i unlocked on the same account, it just blows. Even picking off snipers in semi is hard because of the deviation. The G36C on my other account is MUCH better, seriously, it has great full auto capability, and great accuracy. I don't even need semi for long ranges, just burst fire.

Comment

L85 is a decent gun..

When switched to single-shot.

In full-auto it's accuracy is lower than a god damned MP5. When put in single-shot, it's a full-auto M24.

Comment

@ Eddy: That might be because you tried to keep up a steady chain of fire. Burst firing with the L85A1 is the best thing to do if you must have it on auto. I can take out guys in CQC without the scope no problem (without bunny hopping, too), just by controling my fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Neat_Hedgehog
              @ Eddy: That might be because you tried to keep up a steady chain of fire. Burst firing with the L85A1 is the best thing to do if you must have it on auto. I can take out guys in CQC without the scope no problem (without bunny hopping, too), just by controling my fire.
              Ya, because you hack!

Comment

G3 = My first unlock.

Thing is.. the stock weapons beat it.. hands down. Why?

1. AK-101 and AK-47 have very compareable accuracy and damage, not to mention the n00b t00b.

2. The USMC stock weapon, is accurate as hell. Since it fires in bursts, you can almost always hit the enemy with this gun. 3 clicks of the mouse, means +2 to your score.

3. The G3 needs to be placed in single-shot mode to be accurate, and so you don't need a Support guy following you around 24/7 to give you some more ammo after wasting one clip on some poor bastard in full auto just to take him down.

In conclusion.. the G3 is a downgrade.

Comment

Well i honest think this is a completly pointless topic as it doesn't matter what anyone say because if you don't play that kit then the unlock is pointless.

I would personnaly say don't unlock the jackhammer even if you always play engineer its no good.
                  The PKM isn't really that great either but if you play support alot unlock it.
                  And the rest well if you play the kit most then unlock them instead.

Comment

Here's the dead on truth..

Besides the DAO and the G36C, all the other unlocks are either..

A) Just as good as the stock weapons
                    B) Worse than the stock weapons

The unlocks were never meants to be upgrades, simply alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Neat_Hedgehog
                      Yeah, good idea, BURST FIRE AT CLOSE RANGE!!! no offense, but you might wanna change your tactics, i mean, with any auto weapon, you only stand a chance in CQC against a bunny hopping assault by mostly full auto+constant strafing. Anyways, even a SMG could own a guy a close range better than an L85. Maybe i'm just unlucky with it, but i get way more points AND kills with the M16. Plus, why would you bring up a scope in CQC, in CQC ab BF2, here's what you do:
                      Start firing at the target
                      constantly circle strafe to avoid gunfire/GL
                      Don't crouch or prone because it totally kills all of your mobility
                      Iron sights also kill mobility
                      And, if you're a bunny hopping noob, you may bunny hop, but that's just one of those cheap tactics.

Comment

Yay, I have finnaly came to a decision, i will use the M95... or whatever it is.. the Sniper unlock... it says that it hits with heavy strength, so that's good. Also says it can penetrate through glass! That will always be useful for when i'm tking my own team for jets! Thanks a lot everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by david gilmour
                          Yay, I have finnaly came to a decision, i will use the M95... or whatever it is.. the Sniper unlock... it says that it hits with heavy strength, so that's good. Also says it can penetrate through glass! That will always be useful for when i'm tking my own team for jets! Thanks a lot everyone.
                          Initially you wont like the gun if you choose the m95. Why? because it takes some practice to learn to use. Dont expect to make too many pilot kills with the thing, unless they are hovering or just taking off, you'll never hit them. Once you learn to use the gun though, its a great gun. It does have its downsides, and i find myself sometimes going back the the m24, and evne the mec and china sniper weapons just to keep in interesting.

My opinion about all the unlocks is they each have their own advantage. The g3 for example. It is powerful and accurate, however, you loose the grenade launcher and 10 rounds in the clip. You do gain normal grenades though, which can be more useful than the grenade launcher at times. Each gun has its advantage but I do find myself going back to stock weapons sometimes because it would be more useful. The only weapon I dont ever use is the submachine gun, I always always always go with my dao than that piece of crap!

Comment

In case you haven't noticed, the US assault kit has a burst fire rifle to begin with. I don't see why using the L85 in burst fire is so unrealistic. How long do you think I mean to pause between bursts, anyway? Apparently a lot longer than what I really do. It works fine just as long as you're not caught by surprise, which is the only thing that can stop that gun. It's not good for retaliating after you've been caught off guard.

Most of the time, though, I've already hit them with one or two shots before they get to me, so it only takes a wild CQC un-scoped shot to take them down.

Besides, the guy's already picked his weapon. Not much point to dragging this out in here any more. I've got a L85 tip thread in the tips forum if you'd like to continue there, though.

Comment

ok go here ( www.bf2s.com ) type your name in... and than whichever kit you use the most, get that one. dont bother with other peoples opinion because if you wont use the kit than why unlock the gun. just get the unlock that would best help you when you are using your favorite kit.
                              thats all the advice i can give.

Comment

Working...
                              X