Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the hell do u get the Air Defense Ribbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How the hell do u get the Air Defense Ribbon?

i got mine sitting in a stinger as a commander, dropping arty on everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Krypp596
      I was about to confess to doing the same...

Mine was accedental. I was going to try for the ribon by sitting in the Phlanx gun on the Aircraft Carrier. I noticed we didn't have a commander and things weren't going well for the boys out there, so I aplied. A couple of artillery strikes later and I got a ribbon popping up.
      Wa? Oh!
      *shrug*
      I've gotten the required number of kills honestly too. Same gun. Kill base raping air hoes all map long and yer sure to get it.

Comment

That's an easy one.

64 player Fushe Pass and hop in an AA vehicle as an engineer. Lot's of choppers. I don't believe all the kills have to be in the air.

Comment

You just need to get in the AA on the USS Essex that nobody uses (the one near the bow) and wait for a spawn camping jet or helo..there is one nearly every round

Comment

I got it commanding in the AA turret as mec on Oman. I eventually got all of the US off the mainland so it ended up being me commanding then seeing a chopper coming for the Hotel since the beach was overcrowded with MEC armor. I command full time but when I saw a chopper coming my way I would hop out of the commander screen and kill the chopper then get back to work. Gold star and ribbon that round.

/rant

anyway for sure Bradly versus mec / china peice of dung and Fushe or oilfields IMO.

Need a chopper map w/ some infantry chances, play as Engy to fix yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Krypp596
              North MEC UCB on Sharqi has a nice little Stinger site. The Cobra RARELY goes out that far, no assets there to blow up, so you should be pretty safe there.

Comment

Well, absolutely (without a doubt), the easiest way to get the AA ribbon is in Dragon Valley, Chinese team.

At the start, spawn at the left hand 3rd from the bottom base. That has the aa vehicle, be sure to be support class (Important!).

Drive the AA vehicle to the top of the hill overlooking the U.S. Carrier, and you're pretty much writing your own score.
                You have your choice of 2 planes, 1 attack chopper and 2 passenger choppers.

Just fire all your missiles as soon as you get missile lock. Even when they use flares, its bound to hit one of their teammates.
                When you get low on missiles, jump out, and re-supply your vehicles ammo (using ammo bag outstretched).
                To think about the countless hours I wasted sitting on those dumb stingers....

I got 21 kills the first time I tried this.

This is so easy it should be illegal!

Now how the hell do you get that the veteran ordinance badge?

Comment

Wouldn't the AA on the carrier be able to take you out pretty quickly with the Phalanx?

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

Mine was accedental. I was going to try for the ribon by sitting in the Phlanx gun on the Aircraft Carrier. I noticed we didn't have a commander and things weren't going well for the boys out there, so I aplied. A couple of artillery strikes later and I got a ribbon popping up.
                    Wa? Oh!
                    *shrug*
                    I've gotten the required number of kills honestly too. Same gun. Kill base raping air hoes all map long and yer sure to get it.
                    Mine too... I was just boored, and sat down in the stinger at sharqui (MEC Base)

Comment

Depends on which side of the tree you are on.

Go to the top of the hill, there is a tree at the end of the forest where if you go past the tree you will be able to see the carrier.

If you go just past the tree, the phalanx will not be able to hit you.

If you go a little more than that, it will be able to hit you, but not consistently.

Just inch away past the tree, fire yer missiles, and when you are reloading, back up so that the tree covers you.

Comment

As long as you are in an AA of some kind (carrier, ground one, or the aa tank) - and you get 11 kills while in that item - you get it. including if you are commander and you get kills with the arty strikes.

Granted the arty kills do not show as kills in the in game stats - but they still count. Just a bit harder to keep track of.

Comment

Goddang, if my commander was using an AA vehicle just so he could get his ribbon, ima c4 him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

Wa? Oh!
                            *shrug*
                            that was in 1.02, wasnt it? will it still work in 1.03?

Comment

Originally posted by OtinDako
                              Well, absolutely (without a doubt), the easiest way to get the AA ribbon is in Dragon Valley, Chinese team.

At the start, spawn at the left hand 3rd from the bottom base. That has the aa vehicle, be sure to be support class (Important!).

Drive the AA vehicle to the top of the hill overlooking the U.S. Carrier, and you're pretty much writing your own score.
                              You have your choice of 2 planes, 1 attack chopper and 2 passenger choppers.

Just fire all your missiles as soon as you get missile lock. Even when they use flares, its bound to hit one of their teammates.
                              When you get low on missiles, jump out, and re-supply your vehicles ammo (using ammo bag outstretched).
                              To think about the countless hours I wasted sitting on those dumb stingers....

I got 21 kills the first time I tried this.

This is so easy it should be illegal!

Now how the hell do you get that the veteran ordinance badge?
                              nice tip, i'll try that.

Comment

Originally posted by [AzD]Captain_Apollo
                                yer i know, but like I said, i have got more than 11 kills in an AA vehicle before, but ill still keep at
                                I got mine in an AA vehicle...

Comment

Working...
                                X