The silliest kick/ban you've ever received

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The silliest kick/ban you've ever received

After a rather amusing kick & ban I had earlier today, I was wondering if anyone else had any funny stories to share. Post away!

Basically, I was on a server and decided to be an engineer (going for my vet badge...I can't seem to get it though, even though I made all the reqs...but I disgress). I told the team that I'd run main base defense and keep our commander's assets in working order. Over the round I'd talked a bit and slipped the word 'assets' a few times (as in, the commander toys: arty, UAV trailer etc.) when I suddenly noticed there was an automatic warning:

"HicRic your language is unacceptable. Please keep it clean".

You know, the standard anti-swearing script. I was in the middle of typing a message, unfortunately containing the word 'asset' yet again. Then just as I pressed enter, I suddenly worked out why the warnings were coming (since I wasn't swearing).

The script picked up 'ass' in 'asset'.

Too late though! Blam, kicked & banned. :laugh:

I don't even know why 'ass' is a "bad word" anyway...over here in the UK nobody would care if you said 'ass'..it's just another word for 'donkey'. Geez.

Anyway, talk about a rubbish script. :P

Share your amusing kick/ban stories!

Re: The silliest kick/ban you've ever received

Yeah that sucks, but hey, it's a script.

Luckily, so far, I haven't been banned yet. I have been kicked a few times. High ping or "to make room for an admin".

And yes....I did get kicked once for typing in a bad word. I said the P___Y word when describing the blatant t'k'ing going on.

Actually, I'm proud of that one.

Comment

I got kicked for jumping off a bridge and using my parachute once.

My only ban came from a server that I suspect was exploiting, they were kicking and banning everyone who entered the server.

Comment

So I was playing Wake on the chinese side. Start of the game I spawned at the north beach and was able to get the tank. Someone jumped in as gunner. It was all fine and good. I drive out to about the AA stinger missile site. And decide to wait for the boats and infantry to come ashore. Anyways my gunner decide to mess with the helicopter and force the issue. Copter moves in for the kill, and my gunner runs for it. I try to save the tank and backup.....

over my gunner. Rockets kill me and the tank.

So I respawn again at north beach. USA had gotten a hold of the southern base so I again took the tank that had just respawned inorder to drive down there. The other friendly tank that spawned from the air base, was also already there. I drive up behind him, start shelling the southern tip base with him. He is infront to the left of me. We both have a clean shot. I was lining up a shot as the Enemy commander decided to drop artillary on us. The front tank gets lustered and moves forward just as I fire. Bullseye; Square in the back. And gone I was from that server for about 30 minutes or so.

Sure part of it is my fault, but not all of it.

Comment

Got kicked / banned from owning the crap out of the admins. In a jet and smoking everyone of the clan members. They barely had a chance to take off before I was drilling them into the ground had a 48 to 1 kill ratio. Next thing I see is a message stating that I was kicked due to an "admin decision". Oh well can't win em all.

Comment

the language filter can be unforgiving and if the word isn't entered correctly can cause a lot of problems (similar situation happened using the same word until we corrected it in the filter)

one of the most deserving bans I've seen was a public player on our server telling other public players that he would ban them if he didn't get the aircraft. Needless to say he didn't realize we have admins who monitor the server even if we are not currently on it.

Banned.

Comment

Kicked for wanting to fly the Jet on the Chinese side on wake. People would lay down infront of the jet and every time I took off, they would be killed and punish me for it.

Comment

ooook so yall have been banned for swearing and tking... even though it wasnt your fault? WEAK! i've been banned for whooping the crap out of some *MAFIA* smacktards on sharqi, they were whoring the mec helo and i ruined their game when i jumped in the cobra, i ended up being one of their worst enemies in the ranks so thats fun! i was banned last night for placing c4 on a flagpole... i was banned a month or so ago for stealing the other teams cobra on dragon valley... and a few times for just running my mouth to much. booooooyah! i think i have like 38 kicks and 5 bans, good times

the jumping off a bridge and using the chute thing just doesnt make sense to me, thats gota be the best reason yet

Comment

Ditto.

I hate that.

Was playing on Dalian Plant and was on the chinese side. Just standing around waiting for the 1st plane to spawn and when it did i jumped in. Then some retard decides to block my path. I started to tell him that 2 planes spawn and one would when i take off. Didnt seem to make much of a difference as he still blocked me so i ran him over and got punished. I get behind a US fighter and am locked on and fire 3 missiles. 1 hits and the other 2 veer off and take out one of our choppers i couldnt even see. punished twice and kicked.

I had to close the game down for a good 20 mins as i was so ****ed. BF2 sucks at times

Comment

BigBadOrdnance[C4]Dude 1
                    BigBadOrdnance[C4]Dude 2
                    BigBadOrdnance[C4]Dude 3
                    BigBadOrdnance[C4]Dude 4
                    BigBadOrdnance[C4]Dude 5
                    BigBadordnance is no more

"Kicking BigBadOrdnance for being a jackass"

Comment

I got kicked earlier this week "to make room for an admin". What gets me, I was only kicked for one minute. Also, when I got back to the lobby, there were three open slots. Highly annoying, there are three open slots, and I can't get in until the one minute timer runs out.

Comment

I was in a full black hawk, I was the pilot...Plane comes right for us I try to vear off, he hits me I get charged for TKing the entire Blackhawk and suicide on me...Kicked right out...

Comment

I was just playing a normal game, in a squad with a friend, and a couple of other people. About half way through the game the game freezes and I look at the console messages, and one says "WARNING!!! CitrusMan you are being kicked for bad language"

Thing is, I hadn't actually typed anything. At all.

After the general WTF?ing I rejoined and asked what the hell happened. No reply. I rejoined my squad and resumed play.

A little later I got another message: WARNING!! CitrusMan u have been told b4!

Turns out some arse was listening to our squads VoIP channel and I swore a couple of times on that. I then proceeded to take the **** out of this guy over the mic, calling him power hungry and a pervert for listening in.

Note to self: Don't play on the K-Play.de [UDDP] server again (or something like that).

Comment

I got kicked and banned from a Christian server for no apparent reason (didnt' realize the server was Christian until I saw the server message).

I never spoke in chat once.

Ah well.

Comment

kicked/banned for just being good

Comment

Working...
                              X