Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lot of jet hate.. let's not forget the jet love..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lot of jet hate.. let's not forget the jet love..

Only recently started flying jets, and im using keyboard only, will try the mouse, but not buying a joystick just yet. anyways, i was in the j10 (i think its that) and i droped some bombs, thinking i wouldn't hit a thing, and got a nice surprise of 4 kills! Aslo managed to kill an enemy that was on the ship on wake, he was high up on one of the towers, and the commander kept spotting him, so i thought i'd try shoot him with the jet, and managed it.

Nothing impressive to any jet flyers, but for me i thought it was :P

Comment

Not a great moment but a pretty funny one- I was playing Wake Island 2007, I'm flying around in an aircraft and I see a friendly Blackhawk just ahead. I veer downwards to fly under it and suddenly a guy jumps out. I ram the guy at full speed and my plane explodes. On my screen, I see the guy parachute down safely below me. It was the funniest thing.

Comment

A spawn camper was chewing us up on the Essex, and I managed to get to the F-35. Put it into hover mode and gave the upper deck a garden hose treatment with guns and missiles. A few moments later he started complaining that PunkBuster didn't work and that I was a hacker.

Comment

Was chasing a JSF, got him into flames, he bails out, i thought i lost the kill, but when I came back I saw his chute, ramed it and killd him. Quite satisifying.

Oh and the 100kill round in the jet, but thats nothing special provided the round actually last long enough.

Comment

my favorite moments in the jets are when i'm riding shotgun and have a great pilot. laser guided missles are way too much fun.

Comment

jets are great in BF2... but planes in 1942 took 3x more skill, i loved how noobs stalled and how with 8 perfectly placed bullets on their engine they blowed up

Comment

I had stolen the SU from MEC on oman (i was USMC) and i shot a little at their airbase and I just got 5-6 kills instantly, that just with the minigun.

Comment

My 54 kill streak on Wake

Comment

The map was wake island, I was one of the first people to log on in the china side.

I spawned at the china airport and grabbed the first jet.

Switching to bombs, I flew to where the U.S. artillery island, pelleted bullets around the AA there and killed 3 people. Dropping one bomb as I flew over the AA area, I killed another person spawning.

Continuing towards the Carrier, I switched to missiles. I sprayed bullets at the jet as it tipped its nose up prior to launching, his missiles zooming past me, I fired 3 or 4 missiles as soon as I got tone (can't remember how many, I just remember spamming my missiles).

The bullets hit a dude near the plane, while one or two of the missiles hit the plane killing it (2 kills).

I think the jet hit flares at the last second and at least one of the missiles hit the apache as it was loading.
                    I switched to bombs and dropped it on the helicopter (5 kills).

I think there wasn't more than 10 seconds between the first kill (u.s. artillery island), and the 11th kill (5 man crew on the helicopter).

Was awesome.

I haven't been able to repeat it though, god knows I've tried. You really have to be spawning at the right time (if you take off too early, you'll fly over an empty carrier), and all your targets have to be spawning at a precise time as well.

In case you're wondering how I switch back and forth between bombs and missiles, I programmed my hat to go missiles on up, and bombs on down. I find the split second you save actually matters in some situations.

And the joystick I own is about 10 years old (its called a CH-flightstick).

Comment

Originally posted by Arec
                      1. Hunt down the bomber pilots that do nothing but bomb chokepoints/bases. These guys absolutely hate it when they get dogged hard because they don't care about dogfighting, all they want to do is bomb the base, re-up ammo, and repeat.
                      This is what the bomber is made for; bomb, re-supply, and repeat. Hence the name Bomber! I never try to dogfight in it because I know it will always lose against a decent pilot. I always try to get a wingman to counter the attacking jet. If I can't get a wingman I'll stop bombing and take up the fighter for a little dogfighting.

Now my favorite time in a plane was getting Vet Medic Combat and Vet Assault Combat in the same round.

I also have fun flying over the enemy’s airstrip about 2 ft. off the deck and racking up road kills in the jet. That always puts a smile on my face!

TheMan

Comment

Originally posted by The Soup Nazi
                        my favorite moments in the jets are when i'm riding shotgun and have a great pilot. laser guided missles are way too much fun.
                        Agreed, I love just sitting around in the gunner seat, admiring my pilot's evasive flying when under attack (and spotting/offering advice/help), or blowing up endless amounts of hardware with my laser missiles. like shooting ducks in a barrel. Uber fun if you catch a loaded BH with a missile...why yes, I did just get seven kills! :laugh:

I feel sorry for the enemy team, must be frustrating to get blown up whenever you're in a tank/apc/anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Arec
                          My two favorite things to do in a jet:

1. Hunt down the bomber pilots that do nothing but bomb chokepoints/bases. These guys absolutely hate it when they get dogged hard because they don't care about dogfighting, all they want to do is bomb the base, re-up ammo, and repeat.
                          Now your the sort of pilot I want on my team. I pilot that works to help out the team directly, not indirectly and just base rape.

Comment

My best moment was on Wake 2007.

I consider myself an above-average pilot, but I don't fly much. One day, I was in the J-10 and flying merrily along, half way through the round with 2 Kills because I never am able to find the enemy jet! Well, lo and behold, there one is, so I kick in the afterburner and go in for the kill. After some manuvering, he gets behind me and blows me away. Well, sh!t happens, so I run over to the plane's spawn point only to get bombed by the same guy! He keeps bombing me as I try to get in, and eventually I get an idea. I hopped on the stinger and waited. When I saw him next, I sent a missile up his ass, but I wasn't done. I hopped in the J-10 and took off and started skimming the surface of the aircraft carrier, netting me 3 kills, and 1 revenge point. I was so happy at my l33t sk1llz, flying not 3 feet off the top of the enemy's biggest spawn point and dodging their AA on the way.

Comment

I was just screwing around back when I was trying to get the Aerial Service Ribbon and was on a supply run back from the USMC carrier on Dalian Plant. As I was coming to the end of the little inlet of water on the left and see a tank. I look and see I have one bomb left and go "Ah, what the hell!" and drop the bomb. By some miracle I actually hit and destroyed a tank. One of my shining moments as a pilot.

Comment

mine would be on wake island i was playin China in a J10 and the USMC got all ****ed cuz i was pwing all the ships and some of the helis it was 56-0 when game eneded unfotanatly i got like 3 tks kills so score was 96

Comment

Working...
                                X