Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lot of jet hate.. let's not forget the jet love..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot of jet hate.. let's not forget the jet love..

Post your best experiences in a jet!

For me it would have to be on Gulf of Oman in the MEC big bomber. My roommate and I were flying around (I was flying & he was gunning). The US commander was pounding the heck out of our base with the arty so I swooped in low and my roomie parachuted out and C4'd them. Instead of landing the jet so he could hop back in, or having him spawn on me, I told him to stand on top of the little ridge on that beach and get ready to hop in.

As I made another pass and a wide turn to line up the run, one of the F38s got on my tail and was dogging me hard. I banked a bit and then swooped down at the last second, bringing the jet right above my roomie; I was low enough that he was able to hop in while going full speed with a jet on my tail. The F38 crashed into the beach right where my roomie had been.

Re: Lot of jet hate.. let's not forget the jet love..

Originally posted by Arec
    Post your best experiences in a jet!

For me it would have to be on Gulf of Oman in the MEC big bomber. My roommate and I were flying around (I was flying & he was gunning). The US commander was pounding the heck out of our base with the arty so I swooped in low and my roomie parachuted out and C4'd them. Instead of landing the jet so he could hop back in, or having him spawn on me, I told him to stand on top of the little ridge on that beach and get ready to hop in.

As I made another pass and a wide turn to line up the run, one of the F38s got on my tail and was dogging me hard. I banked a bit and then swooped down at the last second, bringing the jet right above my roomie; I was low enough that he was able to hop in while going full speed with a jet on my tail. The F38 crashed into the beach right where my roomie had been.
    something similiar happened to me one day on the demo: i was on the MEC side and i was waiting around for a jet, which finally came and inevitably caused me to run over about 2 or 3 teammates so i got ticked off and came back flying around the airstrip and got so low to the ground that i ran over atleast another 3 guys. i then joined USMC at the carrier and proceeded to ruin everyones day with the big super minigun thingy. suffice to say, the server didn't have tk punish enabled

Comment

my 50 kill streak :P on oman

Comment

The time i uh.. accidentially rammed a enemy chopper, most kills in a plane, EVER (2).

Comment

Finally getting my Aerial Service Ribbon. I feel like I'm finally worthy of calling myself a pilot.

The real beauty? I'm not a killing machine, but I have mastered flying while looking backwards in my plane (F10 is it? I have it mapped to my hatswitch). Rather than waste flares, I just veer away.

Heat seaking missiles need a lot of work sadly.

Comment

Operation Cleansweep

I was flying the Su-34 until a F-15 was behind my tail. My opponent was somewhat above average, he knew how to counter/mimic manuevers and he used the vulcan to some effectiveness.

After being chased for sometime, I slowed down the aircraft and pulled up to further slow down the aircraft. The bogey passed right above me and dived down to escape. I then pulled down the aircraft to dive down and started afterburner to gain speed and pursuit the enemy aircraft.

After a few seconds I was above him and dived down again to start engaging. I fired 2 missiles along with continous vollies of vulcans. One missile hit the aircraft and the vulcans finished it off.

Best dogfight moment for me.

Comment

I have many moments, but I mostly love helping the team with the jet. That will be by destorying spotted jets and choppers, elmination tanks a few seconds before the eliminate an intire squad from my team and keeping a flag nutrulized seconds before it gets capped by the enemy.

I also love to hunt down lame spwan campers that use jet.

Comment

My two favorite things to do in a jet:

1. Hunt down the bomber pilots that do nothing but bomb chokepoints/bases. These guys absolutely hate it when they get dogged hard because they don't care about dogfighting, all they want to do is bomb the base, re-up ammo, and repeat.

2. Use my machineguns to mow down the little speedboats. I don't know why, but I find those kills especially satisfying.

Comment

Originally posted by silG
                  my 50 kill streak :P on oman
                  my 2complete round without dying in a jet having 92 total kill, 0 death in gulf of oman
                  upped my k/d ratio to more than 13:1

Comment

79 kilin spree in the f35 (gulf of oman) when the demo came out...

Comment

For once I actually had fun in a jet recently. The enemy pilot wasn't one of those people that just fly, thats all they do, give me the plane or I will TK you kinds of people lol. So by some chance, I was the best pilot in the server. I must mention I rarely fly, I prefer ground combat because its more challenging. No, flying a plane around and bombing people is no where near as challenging as on the ground, watching out for 1)badguys 2) cars running you over 3) APC's and tanks blowing you up 4) that same guy in the jet bombing you over and over 5) getting art'ed (I feel so special when I cause enough havoc to the enemy in an area I get my very own art strike just for me lol) Anyway...my copilot made a really cool shot, very lucky shot really. We were flying over towards the american base since I was trying to locate where the enemy jet was, and we see a blackhawk flying past. Well, I dont have time to line up for AA missiles or even use my gun, zoomed by it too quickly, but my co-pilot fired a random missile at it just for fun, and low and behold, suddenly I see him get 4 kills as the blackhawk blows up! We laughed about that for a long time.

Comment

Op Clean. Being Chased. Wasn't able to shake him with regular tactics. So i make a hail mary move and dive for the bridge at the last second. I roll through the bridge and bank left. Full afterburners. I take a look behind me to see my tail attempt the same move only to slam his A$$ into his head.
                        SWAAA EEEEET!!!

Comment

Unless if the bogey was very close and concentrating only on you, not the enviornment, I don't really see the point of pilots dodging and negotiating an obstable since the bogey will be in a better positioin than before.

It makes me laugh when pilots go through the tunnel in Kubra Dam while I simply go over the dam and dive down to catch his tail in at a better position.

Comment

Putting C4 into the exhaust of an idle jet then hitting the button when the jet is nice and high and the pilot thinks he is safe. And then leaving C4 on the jets spawn point and blowing it up as the now ****ed off pilot is powering up the engines. And then killing him with the G36 next time he is waiting for the jet to respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Killer
                              Unless if the bogey was very close and concentrating only on you, not the enviornment, I don't really see the point of pilots dodging and negotiating an obstable since the bogey will be in a better positioin than before.

It makes me laugh when pilots go through the tunnel in Kubra Dam while I simply go over the dam and dive down to catch his tail in at a better position.
                              Well I believe you are right but i use it because a lot of people don't think like that. They believe that what i just did was an invitation for them to try it. Sometimes it works in my advantage and sometimes it doesn't. Real pilots use this too. It is called evassive flying.

Comment

Working...
                              X