Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Heat Signatures

Okay thanks for reading this.

1) How do i add a heat signature for say a tank. I would like it to where like a jet can lock onto a tank (using missles) and fire. And the missles home in.
    2) I would also like to get the aircraft missle more powerful , like a one hit deal.

If u could i want to use the editor not the ini files. Ty

Re: Adding Heat Signatures

1) Add this line: ObjectTemplate.addTemplate HeatObject anywhere within the file of the tank tweak file although I recommend placing it amongst the other addTemplate declarations. This line should be followed by ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/0 to set the placement of the Heat object. However I would recommend moving it away from 0/0/0 because I believe the missiles are pretty dumb when it comes to locking onto these heat signatures. If you fly a plane and fire a missile at another plane you are chasing for example, sometimes they will fly right up to the engine and suddenly turn 90 degrees in the opposite direction. Im not sure what causes this but I believe it is due to the placement in/around the mesh.

2) If you look under weapons/armement/missiles in objects_server you will find the aim9m_sidewinder which is the AA missile on the American planes. Cant remember if the other countries use the same but anyway look for the line ObjectTemplate.damage 500 and change it to whatever.

Comment

OKay thx for your help, but okay i made a mod, then imported all the bf2 content. Okay edited sidewinder then went into eagames/mods/MyMod/Objects
      there was nothing in it . i oculd edit the real game files but then i would not be able to play on normal servers. I'm a noob at this and i want to make a mod. Can someone gimme the basic such as vehicle editing and getting your mod with maps that are already in bf2 such as Strike @ Karkand ty

Comment

You have to copy the files over from the bf2 objects_server.zip, those folders are just there for you to put them into and then zip em up.

Comment

I just don't get it. When i edit the tweak file it won't save as the same. I don't know can you give me a tut on how to set up a mod correctly and include how to do what i'm trying to do.

Comment

Oh the files are read only, you have to uncheck them from read only and then you can save them.

Comment

ooo...you could make mavericks for the F-18

Comment

Load up the editor and choose the Bf2 mod. (You will have previously copied your vehicle .tweak file into mod/bf2/object/vehicle/land/(your vehicle).In the editor, after loading the vehicle, click on the top of the heirarchy and then right click, choose "add existing child" click objects/common/heatobject. It will then add a heat object to your tank. Once saved, go back into the folder you place the tweak file in and copy back into your mod and WHallah!

Comment

This is cool I'm going to try this (the heat signatures). But what do I do if I want tanks to be locked onto by the jets bombs not missiles? Or is it the same process? Because if it is wouldn't the missiles look on to? I'm kinda confused here. Please help me out this would be a cool edition to my mod.

Thanks
                  CDNCommando

Comment

If something is assigned a HEATOBJECT only the AA gui's will pick it up. AGM gui's will pick up ONLY lasertarget_vehicles sigs. So in theory you could add both and would only have to create a gui that would detect both.So Then instead of HEATOBJECT choose LASERTARGET_VEHICLE and that will make it a bomb magnet!

Comment

Thankyou kind sir! Tanks wouldn't stand a chance.

Comment

I looked and all the ground vehicles allready have that line in the tweak files. I want the bombs to lockon not just have them showup on screen. I want the little triange/box to come up then get a lock like the missles in the passenger seat of the SU-34. Laser guided missles I think. Same effect only the pilot can have bomb lock on. Am I missing something?

CDNCommando

Comment

Depending on what your firing or droping you may have to adjust the bomb or missle.

Comment

Originally posted by hollowpoint367
                            ooo...you could make mavericks for the F-18
                            I did that once. Took all the skill out of bombing but it was fun as hell.

Originally posted by CDNCommando
                            I looked and all the ground vehicles allready have that line in the tweak files. I want the bombs to lockon not just have them showup on screen. I want the little triange/box to come up then get a lock like the missles in the passenger seat of the SU-34. Laser guided missles I think. Same effect only the pilot can have bomb lock on. Am I missing something?

CDNCommando
                            From what I understand, you want the bombs to lock on and guide towards the target. I have experience on the subject because I am working on a little mod that includes laser guided bombs. That is a whole lot of code to be changing. So here is a simple 2 step tutorial on how to do it.

LGB - T-90 Tank Hit

LGB - BTR-90 APC Hit

Tutorial

1. You are going to have to look into the aircraft A-G HUD first which is this little bundle of joy.

Code:
                            ObjectTemplate.createComponent MultiFireArmTargetComp
                            ObjectTemplate.target.maxDistance 375
                            ObjectTemplate.target.targetSystem TSLaserGuided
                            ObjectTemplate.target.useCameraDirectionToTarget 1
                            ObjectTemplate.target.lockAngle 45
                            You will want to change the lock angle to something more appropriate. Otherwise you will end up locking vehicles you are not even looking at. You are also going to have to add some other stuff. Here is what I put into my mod.

Code:
                            ObjectTemplate.createComponent MultiFireArmTargetComp
                            [b]ObjectTemplate.target.maxDistance 450[/b]
                            ObjectTemplate.target.targetSystem TSLaserGuided
                            ObjectTemplate.target.useCameraDirectionToTarget 1
                            [b]ObjectTemplate.target.loseLockDelay 3
                            ObjectTemplate.target.LockDelay 0.5
                            ObjectTemplate.target.lockAngle 8[/b]
                            Highlighted are the changes and additions to the code. The range was changed just for fun, and to lock on you need the line lockdelay. The lose lockdelay is there so that once the target is locked, you can put it out of your HUD and it will still be locked for 3 seconds.

2. So that takes care of the aircraft HUD. If you compile it up and play, you will have an aircraft HUD that locks up enemy ground vehicles, but theres really nothing else thats going to happen. While the airplane can lock a vehicle, the bomb itself cannot lock and track. So next stop, the bomb code.

There are two major components you have to add in order to make the bomb both lock onto a target, and then seek it. You need a seek and follow component. I just took them off the maverick code and modified it to my needs. Here is the code that I used for my LGBs.

Code:
                            rem ---BeginComp:SeekClosestTargetComp ---
                            ObjectTemplate.createComponent SeekClosestTargetComp
                            ObjectTemplate.seek.targetType TTLaser
                            ObjectTemplate.seek.trackingDelay 0.2
                            ObjectTemplate.seek.maxAngleLock 30
                            ObjectTemplate.seek.maxDistLock 9999
                            ObjectTemplate.seek.reLockTime 0
                            rem ---EndComp ---
                            rem ---BeginComp:DefaultFollowComp ---
                            ObjectTemplate.createComponent DefaultFollowComp
                            ObjectTemplate.follow.maxYaw 1.5
                            ObjectTemplate.follow.maxPitch 1.5
                            ObjectTemplate.follow.changePitch 0.25
                            ObjectTemplate.follow.changeYaw 0.25
                            ObjectTemplate.follow.minDist 10
                            rem ---EndComp ---
                            The seek component is a projectiles targeting computer. It basically tells the projectile to lock the closest target unless overridden by a planes targeting computers.

Targettype is what type of target it is going to be killing. TTLaser is assigned to all ground vehicles, so thats what you need there. I really do not know what tracking delay does.

MaxAngle tells the maximum angle the targetcone has. If the designated target leaves this cone, the missile will then retarget the nearest object of the appropriate type.

MaxDistance is self-explanatory. This is the maximum distance that something can be targeted.

Now I am not exactly sure what relock time does, but now that I think of it, if this number were to be set extremely high, the missile will not retarget anything. This could theoretically completely eliminate rogue team-killing missiles. I will definitely have to look into this.

Now the follow component is what tells the projectile to actually manuever itself and follow the target. Since the projectile will usually be traveling much faster than the target, it will collide with it, which is exactly what we want.

Max yaw and pitch both say how much the missile can turn. This is a very strange setting. The higher it is, the more manueverable it is. However if set to anything higher 3 (or 4, I forget) the missile will spaz out and fly as if it is having a seizure, guranteeing a miss.

The changepitch and yaw is the delay that it will take for the missile to change its direction. This means that if it is flying straight, and it needs to make a maximum turn, it will take 0.25 (in this case) seconds to go from straight to the turn that is required. This is a setting in which the lower the better.

Mindistance I really am not sure about. I would guess that it means that at the range of 10 (in this case) meters it will stop manuevering and fly on a straight path. Be aware that this is just an educated guess.

That should be it. I did this awhile ago so I am not sure if there was anything else that required changing, but as far as I am aware this was it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Awesome this is exactly what I wanted! Today I just put the SIMRAD into the game. I was wondering if I could make it so that the jets could lock on only when the vehicles are targeted by the SIMRAD. This would be cool great teamwork inducer. I was wondering if you had any experience in this. If not thats fine the tutorial you gave me will make it easy to add the feature without the SIMRAD. Anyway thanks a tonne for the tutorial!

CDNCommando

Comment

Working...
                              X