Can't fly with mouse and keyboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't fly with mouse and keyboard?

Haha, that's funny. You still can't turn any sharper than if you were to just keep the sensativity low and move the mouse fast. The jets have set pitch and yaw factors. You just won't have to move the mouse as much. You will NOT shoot me or any other decent joystick pilot down because you have a sesative mouse. You're just forfitting ground fighting ability. This has been known since the first week of the game, and before I got a stick I was sucessful with it, but the stick has made me so much better of a pilot with practice. Don't talk about joystick pilots as if they are the scum of the earth. You wish you had one and were good with it, because being good with a stick is better than being great with a mouse and KB. But I'm glad to see a bunch of pilots will get a new found confidence with this thread, more stupid mouse pilots to shoot down.

Comment

lol, changing controls and stuff cheating...:wall:

then i am definately cheating... i haVe my gfx at low, i can see snipers better....

woah... i cheated.. lol

btw, good find... sooo useful when u haVe little desk space...

Comment

Awesome , going to try this.

Comment

I tried this on singleplayer for the chopper. Set all to 90, yaw and pitch. Gives amazing control.

Comment

I haven't tried that yet, but...ain't such high sensitivity settings for mouse making the plane or chopper too shaky and unstable?

Comment

For the chopper it is definately not too shaky. At first I adjusted just the yaw so when I press the A and the D buttons I would actually turn and not have to coax it with the buttons and the mouse.

For the Plane settings at 90 are too much. The Plane Drops everytime you lift the mouse to reposition it. I guess thats why the original poster said 30 30 30 is a good setting.

Comment

Screw sensitivity, all I want is to be able to set steering/rudder to mouse X, more thrust/lift to E, less to Q. No go, 'cos I use mouse to steer in common, and Q for duck. E is jump in common, but that doesn't give me any hassle...

Somebody asked what the terms meant:
                picture your plane/helicopter having one line going through it from rear to front, one going horizontally from side to side, and a vertical one going through the other twos' intersection. Call these line axis. Then
                a) PITCH makes your aircraft rotate around the horizontal line through the wings.
                b) YAW makes your aircraft rotate around the horizontal, lengthwise axis, and
                c) RUDDER makes your aircraft rotate around the vertical axis. Finally
                d) THRUST/LIFT makes the aircraft move in its primary direction, that is horizontally for a plane (THRUST), vertically for a helicopter (LIFT).

Comment

Working...
                X