Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't fly with mouse and keyboard?

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
    there is a definite difference, as confirmed by PB enabled, ranked server. when set at 30, the mouse is so sensitive is almost unflyable.

I would say that there is NO LIMIT. however there is a limit of how fast you can turn (by using joystick you can always max out to that limit)
    the reason why i'm saying i think i'm just imagining there is a difference is because i have my helo settings at 90 for mouse sensitivity and pitch. although it definitely feels like it's so responsive, i'm thinking maybe i'm just imagining it?

oh well...

Comment

So any of you guys actually try this yet?

Comment

can somebody plz tell me how to get to that folder plz!

Comment

ive swapped my yaw/roll since the game was released.

but sensitivity settings like that and your plane will be all over the place.

Comment

wait i found it, but how do u open it? plz help!

Comment

Open it with word pad. What is the location of the file also?

Comment

Heres what I did to find the folder I went to my Program FIles>EA games>Battlefield2>mods>bf2>settings>Control..but where are the rest no yaw and pitch factor all i can find is the mouse sensitivity st the bottom
                ControlMap.create AirPlayerInputControlMap
                ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFKeyboard IDKey_D IDKey_A 0
                ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
                ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowUp IDKey_ArrowDown 1
                ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
                ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowRight IDKey_ArrowLeft 1
                ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIThrottle IDFKeyboard IDKey_W IDKey_S 0
                ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 1
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMouseLook IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftCtrl 0 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAltSprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_W 1000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PISprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftShift 0 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_1 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_2 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_3 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_4 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect5 IDFKeyboard IDKey_5 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect6 IDFKeyboard IDKey_6 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_7 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_8 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
                ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire IDFMouse IDButton_1 0 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad0 0 1
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F9 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F10 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F11 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F12 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIToggleWeapon IDFKeyboard IDKey_F 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIFlareFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_X 0 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F1 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F2 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F3 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F4 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect5 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F5 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect6 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F6 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F7 10000 0
                ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F8 10000 0
                ControlMap.mouseSensitivity 30

Comment

Come on guys, someone please claify.

Comment

i can because i am amazing hahhahahahaha

Comment

Does someone could just post the location of this **** file ?

And also can someone who TRIED it tell us if it is really effective or it's just a waste of time ?

Comment

Look in your My Documents then in the Battlefield2 folder..

Go to the profiles folder and inside it has at least one that is labled 0001

Open it or the one that contains your profile and then open the file named controls.con

You can open it by double clicking it or right click and select "open with" and choose your program

If you have never opened these types of files, Windows will prompt you which program you would like to use.. pick notepad.. if you leave the box checked that says always open these file types with this program.. thats ok. it wont harm a thing.

Edit the line you want then just click File & Save..

If you would rather edit the file and save the old.. make a back up of your original first by copying it out to the main my documents.

Wen saving the edited version be sure to save it in the proper path..
                        C:\Documents and Settings\loggedinusernamehere\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0001

Once you do open a .con file with Notepad.. next time editing is easier.. simply right click and select Edit. Save after editing as in the previous instructions.

Basic Windows tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by MASH=potato
                          That sounds like cheating to me!!! why not go into the file and make you character invisble to other players???

I hate god dam cheats!!

If anyone wants to play for a non chaeting clan take a look at our website listed below.

MASH BF2 clan website and forum
                          It's not cheating you worry wart, and dont be a douche bag. Post this is the Clan section ffs.

Comment

abblepc that file is the same file as the ones we were in..it still doesnt say it..

Comment

Every time I edit the file, it seems to get overwritten when I restart the game. It won't seem to let me use the mouse for YAW. Here's my controls.con right now, but the first line trying to map Yaw to the Mouse_0 axis gets taken out when I start the game...am I missing something obvious?

ControlMap.create AirPlayerInputControlMap
                              ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0 0
                              ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIYaw IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowRight IDKey_ArrowLeft 0
                              ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0 0
                              ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIPitch IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowUp IDKey_ArrowDown 1
                              ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIRoll IDFKeyboard IDKey_D IDKey_A 0
                              ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIThrottle IDFKeyboard IDKey_W IDKey_S 0
                              ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFMouse IDButton_0 0 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_Space 0 1
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIMouseLook IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftCtrl 0 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAltSprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_W 1000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PISprint IDFKeyboard IDKey_LeftShift 0 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_1 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_2 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_3 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_4 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect5 IDFKeyboard IDKey_5 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect6 IDFKeyboard IDKey_6 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_7 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_8 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIWeaponSelect9 IDFKeyboard IDKey_9 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F1 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F2 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F3 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F4 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect5 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F5 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect6 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F6 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect7 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F7 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIPositionSelect8 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F8 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire IDFMouse IDButton_1 0 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIAltFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_Numpad0 0 1
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode1 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F9 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode2 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F10 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode3 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F11 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PICameraMode4 IDFKeyboard IDKey_F12 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIToggleWeapon IDFKeyboard IDKey_F 10000 0
                              ControlMap.addButtonToTriggerMapping c_PIToggleWeapon IDFMouse IDButton_3 10000 1
                              ControlMap.addKeyToTriggerMapping c_PIFlareFire IDFKeyboard IDKey_X 0 0
                              ControlMap.mouseSensitivity 5
                              ControlMap.setYawFactor 30
                              ControlMap.setPitchFactor 5

Comment

what a silly thread:blabla:

Comment

Working...
                                X