Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't fly with mouse and keyboard?

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
    Most important: Found yourself outmanuvered by joystick boys? Go into config file, and change the mouse sensitive and yaw/pitch factor all to 30 (default maximum is 10), go back to the server and eat those joystick boys.
    In your CONTROLS.CON file look for a section called:
    Code:
    ControlMap.create AirPlayerInputControlMap
    At the bottom of that section is this:
    Code:
    ControlMap.mouseSensitivity 1.5
    ControlMap.setYawFactor 10
    ControlMap.setPitchFactor 3
    Change them to whatever you like upto 30.

BTW, its not cheating if the original programmer allowed you to set the maximum to 30.

I'll tell you one thing...boy does it take some practice to do...

Comment

The maximum is not 30, you can keep go up, but that will make ground attack a b***h to pull out

and no, i don't consider changing the config file being cheating. If so, setting gfx to ultra high would be cheating too.

Comment

Now will this affect the sensitivity of both the jet and chopper? Cuz I kinda like my chopper set the way it is.

Comment

This won't affect the helicopters, although I set this to helicopter also and made Havoc flys like the Cobra (havoc seems to benefit from yaw factor more)

Comment

well I checked the controls.con file and found the mouse sensitivity setting, but didn't see the set Yaw or Pitch factor lines of code. Hmmm....:hmm:

Comment

there is no set pitch or yaw for helicopter.

Comment

so if 30's not the maximum, what is then? i'd like to try that for kicks...

Comment

Not sure I understand you Hu.Z_of_PLA. You're contradicting yourself. I didn't see a yaw or pitch factor for the plane or the helicopter?

Comment

If you change the sensitivity does this mean you will make tighter turns or you will just get to the maximum turn faster.

Comment

Originally posted by {Sn][per} ELI
                      Not sure I understand you Hu.Z_of_PLA. You're contradicting yourself. I didn't see a yaw or pitch factor for the plane or the helicopter?
                      Sniper Eli's right, there are no yaw or pitch command lines. Perhaps your game generated the line for you but not for us. In that case, its probably self to ammend it ourselves to the AIR section.

Comment

I fly the jet with mouse and keyboard with sensitivity at 5, and check my stats to see weather Im being hampered by the hardware limitation.
                        Stop looking for excuses when you suck at flying. Joystick is just an excuse, it only helps noobs to actually fly without crashing, manuvering with a mouse and keyboard is just as easy after you learn how to fly.

IMO its easier to fly with mouse and keyboard, its harder to aim when Im using the joystick in my friend's place, but then again when most people here talks about "fly good" it is able to fly around without getting shot and successfully doing the most basic bombing runs, anything more complex is out of their reach.

Comment

Originally posted by Hu.Z_of_PLA
                          Set pitch to mouse axis
                          Set rudder to mouse axis
                          Set roll to A and D
                          Set thrust to W and S

Most important: Found yourself outmanuvered by joystick boys? Go into config file, and change the mouse sensitive and yaw/pitch factor all to 30 (default maximum is 10), go back to the server and eat those joystick boys.
                          The only thing I bought joy is because with keyboard you have speed 33%,66% and 100%. Any joy player just lower the speed where you just outrun him. Maybe a yo-yo trick would help tho

Comment

Originally posted by djsly
                            Sniper Eli's right, there are no yaw or pitch command lines. Perhaps your game generated the line for you but not for us. In that case, its probably self to ammend it ourselves to the AIR section.
                            if you don't find the following:

ControlMap.mouseSensitivity 1.5
                            ControlMap.setYawFactor 10
                            ControlMap.setPitchFactor 3

you are in the wrong file.

Comment

anybody knows the maximum we can set these settings to? 100? 90?

also, is there really a difference when you edit controls.con? i'd like to think there is but i'm also starting to think maybe i'm just imagining things...

Comment

Originally posted by r0uJe
                                anybody knows the maximum we can set these settings to? 100? 90?

also, is there really a difference when you edit controls.con? i'd like to think there is but i'm also starting to think maybe i'm just imagining things...
                                there is a definite difference, as confirmed by PB enabled, ranked server. when set at 30, the mouse is so sensitive is almost unflyable.

I would say that there is NO LIMIT. however there is a limit of how fast you can turn (by using joystick you can always max out to that limit)

Comment

Working...
                                X