Hard to find good medics anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to find good medics anymore...

I'm not sure if the revised ranking system caused it, but I can't find more than 1-2 medics on a given 16 person team - even on maps like Karkand.

When I do find Medics they're not the "help the team" kind, but more of the "I like using health to keep myself alive longer" kind. I don't blame people who play Medic the latter way, but I'd like to have at least 1 medic on our team who is watching our backs.

Did all of you real medics give up the kit now that you don't have to farm points anymore?

Re: Hard to find good medics anymore...

I don't know either but when I see my team is lacking I usally become one which
    is increasing with every round that goes by. I think they just want to get other badges.

Comment

I gave up for more powerful weapons. Also I started flying a lot more.
      I used to be a good mdic :cry:

Comment

i still love being a medic

Comment

It is probably point related or badge related, no people are playing the kits they didn't used to because 15hrs is a much more reasonable goal than the 100 hrs prior. That and since you rank up every five minutes, there is no sense in getting the most points anymore.
          So Ive noticed it too.

Comment

I still play medic for the most part but I *am* trying to get some other badges. Besides, I am not in a situation where there is actual teamwork very often anyway and in that case I revive whoever I come across.

Comment

Really? On most 32 person servers I see too many medics. They're always fighting over one corpse or another. The chat menu is always spammed with their messages. They even kill each other over the revives. It's pathetic. I'm usually support though, so if their bickering keeps me alive, I'm happy.

Comment

I've been playing medic a lot lately and to be honest, i try to be there for my squad first. The real problem is finding a decent squad that tries to play together a bit. I can't even count the times i've followed other squads around, keeping them alive just cause my own doesn't work together at all or is off doing nonsensical things.

"Need a medic!"
                "Ok, i'll just come all the way back to the base where you're camping the planes and getting sniped." :wall:

Comment

Playing a medic is a tough one as far as I am concerned. I tried it again today and though I revived lots and healed lots it wasn't worth the effort. I was basically cannon fodder. I know there are people out there that are good at it and kudos to them that do manage to play it and like it. I will personally stick to doing what I do best and that is killing the other guys. :laugh:

Comment

try karkand. majority of the players there are medics.

Comment

I like to play the medic Ive found it the best kit to play if you want to rack the points up even if you come into a big game half way through its possible to finish in the top 5 if you do a good job of it.

Comment

Up until recently I was a medic on a regular basis. I enjoy working with a team, and even probably one of the few that like the L85A1.

However just like Mutrino above recently i have started to broaden my horizons a little, and play other kits. ( beleive me i need the practice )

I still help out when i can, i.e picking up dead players kits and revivng my comrades, just as most players do no doubt.

I can't speak for everybody but the team leaders i have played with recently usually send a request to their team members to play a certain kit. In these circumstances i am more than happy to help for the sake of the team, especially if its a medic or engie.

If you need the kit just ask! I am sure someone will oblige.

Comment

I'm not sure if I've noticed a change or not. Even when there were a lot of medics they usually all sucked ass. Never would get revived. Or you have those noobs who stand over you and shock paddle 4 times and miss. Then a clan member runs and revives you with 1 second left. Plus the medics who never drop health packs when you have 2 bars left.

I usually always play medic or assault unless I need to change classes. It's more valuable to the team a lot of the time to be a medic or assault. Sometimes spec ops or AT is also a good call. Engy when in tanks. Sniping when I'm bored. Support is kind of worthless but always fun and you can get a lot of ammo points.

And if you are MEC there is really no reason to not be medic. You get an AK101, health packs, and you can revive. What's better than that? Nothing.

Comment

Medic rules. Remember its about the heal points not the revives. Never let your boys get into the red....

Comment

Originally posted by ||ass||variable
                              I'm not sure if the revised ranking system caused it, but I can't find more than 1-2 medics on a given 16 person team - even on maps like Karkand.

When I do find Medics they're not the "help the team" kind, but more of the "I like using health to keep myself alive longer" kind. I don't blame people who play Medic the latter way, but I'd like to have at least 1 medic on our team who is watching our backs.

Did all of you real medics give up the kit now that you don't have to farm points anymore?
                              Maybe something to with easier unlockables/badge requirements = less padding needed = less medic players, the old medics are all off learning to fly.

Comment

Working...
                              X