Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a joystick for BF2, will this be ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a joystick for BF2, will this be ok?

Thinking of picking up a joystick so flying planes are actually an option for me (right now i die every time i use one). I don't want to spend very much (since i'm only using it the few times i jump in a plane) and was thinking of the SAITEK ST90 . It's around $30 and seems to look good, anyone else use this type of joystick? Thanks in advance

Re: Need a joystick for BF2, will this be ok?

Get the EVO...

Comment

That looks crap get the EVO i have it and it's great.

Comment

Evo FTW !

Comment

does it have throttle? can't live without that.

Comment

EVO has a throttle and more buttons than I know what to do with. I think the ST is the crappy Bin model...with the tripod...it looks like something at my wifes gyno's office.

Comment

I have the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro (USB) and it runs good.

The only issue I ever have, and I'm not sure if it is the same with other joysticks, every once in a while, the heli/jet will pitch to the right and I have to re-adjust it continuously.

The only solution I've found to this, is to unplug the joystick and plug it back in before playing a game, but the problem comes back eventually.

PEACE

Comment

I've got a ST90, but I paid $15 for it at Best Buy. If your going to pay $30, buy the Evo but for $15 I'm happy with my 90. Then again, it leaves me flying with keyboard + joystick (one hand on the keyboard for acceleration/decel, switching modes and various other things, which I am used to now).

EVO has a throttle and more buttons than I know what to do with. I think the ST is the crappy Bin model...with the tripod...it looks like something at my wifes gyno's office.
                Its a little on the ugly side/cheap looking, but evo isn't much better. Although I never did understand why they make it fold up, I guess the design team just got bored. The folding action did come in handy on the last family vacation though, saved me a few inches when packing.

Comment

don't use keyboard for throttle. just say no. that is half the reason for getting a stick.

Comment

I have the ST290 pro, it was around $30 and isn't the tripod model someone mentioned before, more of a normal stick.

No throttle, but enough buttons and an 8 position hat switch as well. If you don't have alot to spend its fine.

Comment

For $30, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro will be your best choice.

~Salad

Comment

spend the money on the EVO you wont be sorry..... dont get the wireless one though as that batts run out at the most inconvienient times....

Comment

Originally posted by xRandoMx
                          don't use keyboard for throttle. just say no. that is half the reason for getting a stick.
                          It has a 'throttle' (if thats what you want to call it) on it, but I prefer to use the keyboard. The throttle is more like two buttons that act as another axis, its like a button with increments and a led display.

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                            For $30, the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro will be your best choice.

~Salad
                            I bought one of those. I've been playing around with it for a few days and I have to say I'm better flying with the keyboard, no matter what.

I'd recommend getting it, its a great joystick, but I'm better with keyboard/mouse. If you are getting one, make sure you can return it if it doesn't end out working for ya.

Comment

I think you really need analogue throttle & rudder.

Comment

Working...
                              X