No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who loves pistols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one who loves pistols?

There a very good weapon i use them all the time!

Comment

I used to really like Raven Shield pistols servers. No jumping and you could lean around corners. It was/is more conducive to pistol combat IMO. Pistols only in BF2 doesn't seem that appealing to me. There are only a couple different pistols, for one thing, and it seems that there is no way to make the server actually 'pistols only'. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I thought a pistols only server was a normal server with a written "rule" that says you can only use pistols even though the other weapons are still available.

Comment

i like pistols... but i prefer knifes better on close combat... pwnage but it be so cool if som1 makes a mod in which u get to use akimbo(double) pistols... like wolfestein.. it rulezz.. the only reason i still play it..

Comment

The pistol is fantastic for the engineer at medium range where your scattergun (I know it's called a shotgun, but face it, a shotgun could really be way more accurate with a full choke) has no chance of hitting them. I picked off three guys that way last night while they tried to pump G3 rounds into me. It's also good for taking potshots that lure them in, and then you pull out your scattergun and blast 'em when they get close.

Comment

I don't really use them that much at all the only time i would is if i'm an engineer trying to shoot long range, but if i'm an engineer i am normally in a vehicle, i also use it as anti-tnk but i don't play anti-tank much, everyone say to use it to get the last 2 bars off after you have hit someone with a sniper bullet but i always forget, when i remember i will probbaly use it for that.

Comment

As a AT man with the DAO-12, I love the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake.pt
                The damage is good (25 maximum/round, same as any Spec-Ops carbine),
                Pistols only do 20 damage, which is still more than the SMGs.

I play mostly AT and, as others have said, if you play AT or Eng you'd better love the pistol. You'll need it a lot.

Comment

Silenced pistols are great for taking out someone that doesn't know you are there yet are too far away to knife. They won't know where the bullets are coming from.

Comment

Pistols rule.

For some reason I find them to be more accurate than an assault rifle (and I am more accurate with a pistol than an assault rifle, 30% Vs 26%). I think there's a smaller deviation penalty from quick firering single shots on the pistol compared to the rifles.

Comment

As said further up in the thread, as an AT bloke if I don't have a tank in my sights then my pistol is my primary weapon.

Comment

mmm...pistols. The jury's out still for me. They're not the weapon of choice by a long shot (and not even for a short shot!! Haha). Most pistols require 5 to 6 shots for a kill of a healthy enemy. Too much and kills your finger before the guy!!! BUT, I do like the specops pistol with the silencer as the enemy doesnt realise hes being shot before its too late - nice!! Got my vet badge that way!!

Knives, however, i hate! horrible things. Cant stand em. yuck. nufff said.

Comment

Got to 10th on leaderboards for pistols then stopped using em since I got little sick of support but now that they overpowered the pkm I started using em again....sometimes....you dont even need them with the pkm the way it is now sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Fleming
                            silenced pistlols make me feel like james bond sad but true, plus they're quite powerful in my view, a couple shots and bam they shoot you in the head
                            sadly i like em 4 that too :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by SupUnd
                              As an engineer, the pistol is indespensible for those long distance shots. In general, I find the pistol a pretty solid weapon. Other weapons may be superior but few kits have access to those superior weapons and few weapons are as well rounded as the pistol.
                              Hehe, that sounds so crazy "long distance pistol shots" but I was playing engineer the other day and I can't count how many times I had to go to my pistol and shoot people out of range of my shotgun.

I too use my pistol when I run out of ammo on my main weapon during a fight. Especially at very close range. I love it when the other guy is reloading and I flip to my pistol and pump 5 quick one's into them to take them out.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNg3nCe^
                                I hear all the stuff about all the weapons but pistols, pistole are VERY good for taking out prone enemies and if you don't want to waste ammo on your main gun. But from what I hear on total bf2 most ppl think they suck, why is that??
                                holy hell dude... 445 HOURS of BF2 time?

thats 18 days of time..

dude, you need a girlfriend..

Comment

Working...
                                X