Am I the only one who loves pistols?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who loves pistols?

I hear all the stuff about all the weapons but pistols, pistole are VERY good for taking out prone enemies and if you don't want to waste ammo on your main gun. But from what I hear on total bf2 most ppl think they suck, why is that??

Re: Am I the only one who loves pistols?

i love them! especially the silenced ones... not cuz theyre silenced but cuz the just... feel good...

Comment

Most people don't know they have a sidearm and instead do bunny hops while trying to reload. Can't really make an assumption about the population on totalbf2 though since I DO USE my pistol and post here.

Comment

Hehe, the other day my clan had a friendly scrim. We agreed that we would all go as spec ops, and use nothing but the silenced pistols (other than using c4 to stop the random armor that comes by).

We won by around 266 tickets total (over 4 rounds). The pistols need to be used slightly different than main guns, but once you get used to it, you can own people, =)

~Salad

Comment

I only use my pistol if my clip runs out on my main gun.

However, I DO like them as you can pump off shots SO quickly and if the person you are facing off is already hurt a bit from your initial fight, they go down easy.

The best part about them is that I usually pull out mine while the other guy is reloading and most poeple don't use them at all. It has definitely saved my ass on numerous occasions.

Comment

I DO use pistols as well, but usually as sniper when in close combat or when I am another class and run out of ammo. But usually as a last resort before I die. The reason I hate using these is because usually it takes an entire clip to get a kill. A successful kill only occurs if the player I am shooting against is either noob, out of ammo, using a pistol, using a knife, etc. I almost always die when I am using a pistol and trying to shoot at a person with a G3 (lol, even a total noob will win with that thing), G36c, M16, etc.

Now, if they increased the damage by say 10-20% for the pistol it would be a more practical sidearm than the current version.

Just my opinion,

Magik

Comment

No your not! a pistol is supports best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by VeNg3nCe^
                I hear all the stuff about all the weapons but pistols, pistole are VERY good for taking out prone enemies and if you don't want to waste ammo on your main gun. But from what I hear on total bf2 most ppl think they suck, why is that??
                I think most people dont use them, cuz they dont know how! Just think!! The silenced pistol is the ONLY silenced weapon in the whole game and that is a BIG advantage!!

ps.:my stats: Pistols 03:31:30 234 224 1.04 27.52% 5,936

Comment

Originally posted by Magik Empire
                  The reason I hate using these is because usually it takes an entire clip to get a kill.
                  Magik
                  No, thats not true, the whole clip is 15 round and you need 5 in the body or 2 in the head. You can fire it almost as fast as any SMG!! just click:laugh:

Comment

The pistol is the sniper's best friend too. When I run out of ammo for my sniper rifle, and I don't want to give up my nice hiding spot, I go sniping with my pistol - very effective. But when I'm a sniper I usually use the pistol for close range combat.

Comment

I, too, go right to my pistol if my main weapon runs out of ammo. I also keep my pistol out if I'm running around a well-traficked area as a sniper.

Comment

As an engineer, the pistol is indespensible for those long distance shots. In general, I find the pistol a pretty solid weapon. Other weapons may be superior but few kits have access to those superior weapons and few weapons are as well rounded as the pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by DLWebmaestro96
                          I, too, go right to my pistol if my main weapon runs out of ammo. I also keep my pistol out if I'm running around a well-traficked area as a sniper.
                          that sucks cuz U usually die if you havent got used to you pistol...:|:

Comment

Most of my pistol kills have come from my time as an AT trooper. I do love the DAO, but its long-range capabilites leave something to be desired.

But I also have finished several gunfights with the pistol when I run out of ammo. Whoever said that a lot of people will just bunnyhop while they reload instead of switching to their pistol is right, and since that's usually in CQC it's not hard to hit a bunnyhopper with a pistol at all. The silenced pistols are cool, but I don't like the ironsights because the silencer blocks what you're aiming at.

~Wolfgang

Comment

silenced pistlols make me feel like james bond sad but true, plus they're quite powerful in my view, a couple shots and bam they shoot you in the head

Comment

Working...
                              X