A different patch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A different patch problem

Some firewalls still block or use existing rules if they are disabled.

If you have patched, then the bf2.exe signature has changed and if your firewall settings, even if it is disabed, doesn't recognize the new 1.03 signature it won't let the game have access through the firewall.

What you need to do is boot the game up while, having the firewall enabled, and when it ask if BF2.exe should be allowed, even if it is changed click Yes/OK. This is a measure to prevent a virus or user from changing an application to circumvent the firewall.

Why do you disable the firewall when gaming?? do you think malicious intruders and internet worms take a break while you are gaming??

What firewall do you have??

If you have a third party firewall, make sure the Windows XP built-in firewall is disabled, because having two will only lead to problems.

Comment

w/e i give up EA can go **** themselves I tried everything i possibly could and it didnt work

Comment

Dark, you might want to try to completely redo your system. Thier is some else going on and perhaps a fresh install of your OS/ game will do it. I just happenned to get a new hard drive and i reinstalled it all and everything is ok now. I know its a pain in the ass but i suggest backing up all your important stuff or burn it or what ever and redo your system. Like myself i have to drives and my primary just was going and i back everything up on my second drive and then i redid the primary. Its your best bet cuase thier is something that you just might not be able to solve in the current stasis of your pc and it would seem that perhaps the BF2 patch did something or your unloaded something. I would redo your system.

T

Comment

it actully randomly started working again! yay! but now my stats dont go up while im tearing people up it just stays

Comment

I'm fairly certain as well that it is port forwarding.

Although I feel bad that games such as this require a complicated task like port forwarding to work...I don't feel bad for people who are given a solution and say 'ahh..that's too hard...there has to be another way'.

Ok..here's another way.

Connect your PC directly to your ADSL modem/cable modem via your ethernet port and bypass your router completely when you play BF2.

Problem should be solved.

Easy enough for you, son?

Comment

umm kinda late its working but im having problem with stats going up

Comment

Talus
                "Connect your PC directly to your ADSL modem/cable modem via your ethernet port and bypass your router completely when you play BF2."

THier isnt a need to do that always, as for me i put in the proper ports to the rounter and i dont have an issue and i wouldnt do that when i have 5 pc on one router and to go directly to the adsl is a pain in the but to go back and forth. I dont suggest doing this, just open the ports and everything is good.

Titus

Comment

Originally posted by Titus
                  Talus
                  "Connect your PC directly to your ADSL modem/cable modem via your ethernet port and bypass your router completely when you play BF2."

THier isnt a need to do that always, as for me i put in the proper ports to the rounter and i dont have an issue and i wouldnt do that when i have 5 pc on one router and to go directly to the adsl is a pain in the but to go back and forth. I dont suggest doing this, just open the ports and everything is good.

Titus
                  Oh..I wholeheartedly agree. I advocate port forwarding always over bypassing the router altogether.

Our problem is that the OP seems rather lazy and unwilling to learn this very important technique for keeping online gaming safe and problem-free.

Comment

no..no listen Its working! this topic is like history, its dead! leave it dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkwing_X
                      no..no listen Its working! this topic is like history, its dead! leave it dead!
                      How did you fi it:laugh:

Comment

I dont really know who to ask or where to post this so I will post it here. I have been having a problem with the game since i bought it, I was told by a friend that the patch should fix it, so after waiting for it to come out and then finally downloading it I still have the problem.

I cant play on the internet, I keep getting a message saying to check my network connections, every time I try to connect to a server. So does anyone know what my problem is and how I can fix it?

Comment

it randomly just worked and now its fine

Comment

Working...
                          X