No announcement yet.

Do U guys change any of these settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do U guys change any of these settings?

Originally posted by wbcninjaofmist
    hey since we are kinda on this topic anyone wanna know how to change the graphics settings without that long wait afterwards when u load a map?
    well i forgot where i got this but I have been using it often.

go to c:/ if thats your hard drive where bf2 is installed , my documents , battlefield2 , profiles , 0001 or 0002 depending on how many u have then look for teh file that says video.con this is how i find it on my pc C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002 then right click on the file video.con and choose properties , opens with - choose notepad. once you have done this open it up in note pad. All the video options are listed like this

mine for example:
    VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 4
    VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3
    VideoSettings.setResolution 1280x1024@60Hz
    VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 6Samples
    VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
    VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

100% view distance is 1 , for everything else 1 is low , 2 is medium , 3 is high , 4 is the option that cannot be reached through the regular menu 4 is ultra-high. You can change all of these settings to whatever you want and then load up the game without all the loading crap since you have changed graphics settings !This comes in very handy when you want to tweak your garphics and want to see if there are any noticeable differences without waiting for the map load due to change of settings.
    To bad this doesn't work while your in a game. And 4 doesnt do anything at all. If its not in th option menu its not a setting. PERIOD its very anoying to listen to these people that say they play on "ULTRA HIGH"

Comment

Originally posted by -GRimm-
      To bad this doesn't work while your in a game. And 4 doesnt do anything at all. If its not in th option menu its not a setting. PERIOD its very anoying to listen to these people that say they play on "ULTRA HIGH"
      4 actually does make a difference, what are your specs? U need appropriate hardware to see the difference. This may be why me , and others that u speak of use some settings on ultra high yet u dont see a difference. and about it not being on the options menu when u put 4 in that video.con file whatever was set to 4 is listed as ultrahigh in the bf2 ingame menu . in the options menu it is set to ULTRA-HIGH typed in bold. it is a setting , hidden a lil yes but a setting placed ingame already...... honestly i cant believe im semi-arguing with you over something this pointless as to the existence of options that are clearly there and clearly arent there just to say ULTRA-HIGH and not give any graphic goodies. And obviously you cant change any graphics settings at all while in game.......... this is kinda why i erm , umm , posted this so you can atleast not have to wait for the long load time after a settings change....

Comment

Originally posted by wbcninjaofmist
        4 actually does make a difference, what are your specs? U need appropriate hardware to see the difference. This may be why me , and others that u speak of use some settings on ultra high yet u dont see a difference. and about it not being on the options menu when u put 4 in that video.con file whatever was set to 4 is listed as ultrahigh in the bf2 ingame menu . in the options menu it is set to ULTRA-HIGH typed in bold. it is a setting , hidden a lil yes but a setting placed ingame already...... honestly i cant believe im semi-arguing with you over something this pointless as to the existence of options that are clearly there and clearly arent there just to say ULTRA-HIGH and not give any graphic goodies. And obviously you cant change any graphics settings at all while in game.......... this is kinda why i erm , umm , posted this so you can atleast not have to wait for the long load time after a settings change....
        OK? what hardware do you have list your specs mine our in my sig and are enough for any eye candy the BF2 engine is capable of displaying.

Comment

Working...
        X