No announcement yet.

Do U guys change any of these settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do U guys change any of these settings?

Do you guys change any of these settings in you video properties. i.e. Antialiasing, Anisotropic filtering, Vertical Sync, or do u find that application controlled works best?

Re: Do U guys change any of these settings?

The only one i've changed is to turn the vsync off, the rest i've left the way it is. It's given me no problems at all, so i don't see a need to adjust it.

Comment

I don't have any AA or AF on because it is pretty useless and only degrades performance. I have vsync enabled through nvidia's control panel because it doesn't even support it, for some crazy, out of this world reason in an age of LCD's at 60hz.

Comment

No, I never change those settings.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
          I don't have any AA or AF on because it is pretty useless and only degrades performance. I have vsync enabled through nvidia's control panel because it doesn't even support it, for some crazy, out of this world reason in an age of LCD's at 60hz.
          How is AA and AF useless, since I've been getting better proformance and i turned up AF to x16 and it looks insane and AA at x4 dont tell me it's useless. It only makes you sound like a jackass.

Comment

nope havnt touched it

Comment

with or without aa/af you will still get the same fps if you have a high end video card,

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysanchez
                with or without aa/af you will still get the same fps if you have a high end video card,
                To an extent. You will not get identical FPS, as rendering a less high-res scene will always be easier. Although, without AA/AF on a high end card (paired with a good system, of course) you would probably get around 55-60+ FPS. With AA/AF, you would probably drop to 45-50, which is still great FPS for 1280 x 1024, All High Options, 4xAA/16xAF. It's just that the drop is little or insignificant, but you will never go from 60FPS without AA/AF to 60FPS with AA/AF, no matter what the card or computer is.

Comment

application controlled works best

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                    I don't have any AA or AF on because it is pretty useless and only degrades performance.
                    Useless, lol! I suppose putting your graphics on High instead of Medium is useless too?

I've put both my AA and AF on 8x, and the game looks so much better. I didn't notice much of a FPS decrease, perhaps about 5 fps or something - but I've still got 55-80

Comment

Yea, I use 4xaa in game and theres no AFx16 in game so i set that in control panel. I don't notice much of a diff in 4xaa and 8xaa besides the proformance impact.

Comment

No Anti-Alasing.

Comment

How can we check the FPS during a game of BF2?

Comment

hey since we are kinda on this topic anyone wanna know how to change the graphics settings without that long wait afterwards when u load a map?
                            well i forgot where i got this but I have been using it often.

go to c:/ if thats your hard drive where bf2 is installed , my documents , battlefield2 , profiles , 0001 or 0002 depending on how many u have then look for teh file that says video.con this is how i find it on my pc C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002 then right click on the file video.con and choose properties , opens with - choose notepad. once you have done this open it up in note pad. All the video options are listed like this

mine for example:
                            VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 4
                            VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 3
                            VideoSettings.setResolution 1280x1024@60Hz
                            VideoSettings.setAntialiasing 6Samples
                            VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1
                            VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

100% view distance is 1 , for everything else 1 is low , 2 is medium , 3 is high , 4 is the option that cannot be reached through the regular menu 4 is ultra-high. You can change all of these settings to whatever you want and then load up the game without all the loading crap since you have changed graphics settings !This comes in very handy when you want to tweak your garphics and want to see if there are any noticeable differences without waiting for the map load due to change of settings.

Comment

I'd turn v-sync off. No use limiting your framerate.

Comment

Working...
                              X