X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.03 Invalid Cdkey Solution

Originally posted by gunner.b0b
    ummmm.......
    If you use the account Administrator that is the built-in admin accout it has a SID number e.g. {131aba424......} and because it is the built-in, that security number is the same or parts of it is, on all built-in Admin account.

So on a different PC the SID for built-in Administrator would be same or in parts similar, don't know if that has anything to do with it, as EA/Dice hasn't told us anything on this new problem.

I think a lot of ppl use the built-in, I do I have just renamed it for security reasons.

Hard to say anything on this issue without a word from EA/DICE on this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by gunner.b0b
      Re: your support link....,Alas nope still don’t work .., im beginning to think my key has been hijacked or something, you run 2k dont yah fluffydice?? did you get it to work at all?
      I’m running windows XP, i uninstalled BF2 kept my profile, reinstalled then installed the 1.03 patch and now its working.

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
      If you use the account Administrator that is the built-in admin account it has a SID number e.g. {131aba424......} and because it is the built-in, that security number is the same or parts of it is, on all built-in Admin account.

So on a different PC the SID for built-in Administrator would be same or in parts similar, don't know if that has anything to do with it, as EA/Dice hasn't told us anything on this new problem.

I think a lot of ppl use the built-in, I do I have just renamed it for security reasons.

Hard to say anything on this issue without a word from EA/DICE on this problem.
      The only time i have ever need to change my SID's was on a clone copy of Win2K3 using virtual PC, I setup 2 servers one as a domain controller and another as Exchange 2003, i had real problems with the clone until i realized that the SIDs were the same as the clone for all users. SID's are allways unique

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/NewSid.html

I don’t advise to run NewSid, You could do it the painful way before you contact EA support.

1- Create a new user on XP, Follow EA's Invalid CD key instructions
      launch BF2 and Exit, copy BF2 folder in My Documents from the Admin location into your newley created user account's location and see if that works

2- Uninstall BF2 and scan the registry for any thing to do with BF2. Reinstall and go straight to 1.03

Good luck M8

Comment

that file is clean, somebody else upped i just linked to it.

i ahve firewall and updated antivirus, that program didnt tried to connect to the net and only executed fro like 2 secs after that your cd key is changed to something else...

i installed it n my account, the 1.03 patch, but when my brother uses his account and tries to play he couldnt so i did these things and it works now

Comment

Originally posted by silG
          so i did these things and it works now
          Can you tell us which of the things you did to fix it, some users still have problems

Comment

1.- START-> RUN... -> REGEDIT
            2.- in regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELECTRONIC ARTS\EA GAMES\BATTLEFIELD 2\ERGC
            3.- there is the (default key), double click it
            4.- a window pops up change the value to your cdkey without dashes
            5.- run bf2cdkeycheck.exe that is in this rar file
            6.- go play

Comment

I'm with gunner.bob , I've tried everything listed in all 3 cd key invalid threads and nothing has worked for me. Tried it multiple times, reinstalled 3 times...always works on version 1.0, but after the patch nadda...ea needs to fix this crap.

Comment

I just finally fixed mine and heres what i did. First off, i could not get the patch to install whatsoever so i ended up copying a complete patched version from my other pc. This method is similar to the others mentioned but slightly different.

2.- in regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELECTRONIC ARTS\EA GAMES\BATTLEFIELD 2\ERGC

In my particular instance, my cdkey was correct but not encrypted. If you can read this line and can tell its not encrypted, then read on, otherwise it will be like 400 characters, and you can stop reading.

Doubleclick the patch and select your language, then STOP, dont press anything.
                3. Start>run>%TEMP% then enter
                4. Browse to a file similar to this {EF6B50CB-E728-4191-B117-13EB070CB2CE}
                5. inside that folder, browse to the same numbered style folder similar to {F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F}
                6. Now heres where i tried something a little different, copy BF2CDKeyCheck.exe, open your battlefield 2 directory and paste it there.
                7.exit the patch, and close the %TEMP% folder
                8. Run BF2CDKeyCheck.exe from your battlefield 2 directory, enter your cd key again and hit next.
                9. Go back to regedit and check to see if your key is now encrypted, a lonnnng string of letters and numbers.

If you are now encrypted, go rank up and enjoy the new bugsrrrr.. gameplay.

I know this method IS similar to most of the known working methods of which i tried all of them. Like i said, if your already encrypted, this wont help a bit, but if your not, give it a shot.
                Good luck guys, i was ready to just give up after hours of trying, but im glad i didnt now.

Comment

Originally posted by o0|REDRUM|0o
                  I just finally fixed mine and heres what i did. First off, i could not get the patch to install whatsoever so i ended up copying a complete patched version from my other pc. This method is similar to the others mentioned but slightly different.

In my particular instance, my cdkey was correct but not encrypted. If you can read this line and can tell its not encrypted, then read on, otherwise it will be like 400 characters, and you can stop reading.

Doubleclick the patch and select your language, then STOP, dont press anything.
                  3. Start>run>%TEMP% then enter
                  4. Browse to a file similar to this {EF6B50CB-E728-4191-B117-13EB070CB2CE}
                  5. inside that folder, browse to the same numbered style folder similar to {F317E784-F31C-4F26-A610-2D7BD89FEC5F}
                  6. Now heres where i tried something a little different, copy BF2CDKeyCheck.exe, open your battlefield 2 directory and paste it there.
                  7.exit the patch, and close the %TEMP% folder
                  8. Run BF2CDKeyCheck.exe from your battlefield 2 directory, enter your cd key again and hit next.
                  9. Go back to regedit and check to see if your key is now encrypted, a lonnnng string of letters and numbers.

If you are now encrypted, go rank up and enjoy the new bugsrrrr.. gameplay.

I know this method IS similar to most of the known working methods of which i tried all of them. Like i said, if your already encrypted, this wont help a bit, but if your not, give it a shot.
                  Good luck guys, i was ready to just give up after hours of trying, but im glad i didnt now.
                  tried this and still get the x XXXX number. Still the same deal. What do steps 4 and 5 have to do with anything?

Comment

If you did 3, then you would see a window with the folders mentioned in 4 and 5

Comment

so does this solve the problem for all Windows XP accounts?
                      or just the one you installed the game and patch for.
                      I need a solution that solves the whole problem, so that other people on other WIndows Xp accounts can play the game again.

Comment

I have no idea. I only have one account, so..., uhh, I only have one account.

Comment

I am also having the same problem,as myself and my brother play BF2 on the same PC with different user accounts.EA says to uninstall,but when I install again should I just use 1.03 or start with 1.02 and then to 1.03.

Comment

Bump.

1 Hour Ago 06:30 PM
                            Carbon I am also having the same problem,as myself and my brother play BF2 on the same PC with different user accounts.EA says to uninstall,but when I install again should I just use 1.03 or start with 1.02 and then to 1.03.

Comment

At this point, im positive EA couldnt answer this, much less us. That being said, 1.3 is a full install, so there is no need to do 1.2. And with THAT being said, if it doesnt work, you could try 1.2 then 1.3.

Comment

Best solution I came up with was, completely uninstall all BF2.
                                profiles, server settings, and screenshots too.
                                deleting "profiles" does not mean deleting multiplayer-online accounts.
                                so no worries.
                                after a restart. create another Windows XP account, make it administrative account, make the account have no password. I called this account "Games". Install BF2, restart, directly install patch 1.03, restart.

This way, both you and anyone else who wants to play BF2, just needs to select the windows xp account; with no password you automatically get logged in. and after starting up bf2, in the log-in screen, choose make account, then at the bottom of the log-in window choose "retrieve" account. and anybody who wishes to play BF2 just needs to enter their user name and password, and done.

Comment

Working...
                                X