Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.03 Invalid Cdkey Solution

1.- START-> RUN... -> REGEDIT
    2.- in regedit go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ELECTRONIC ARTS\EA GAMES\BATTLEFIELD 2\ERGC
    3.- there is the (default key), double click it
    4.- a window pops up change the value to your cdkey without dashes
    5.- run bf2cdkeycheck.exe that is in this rar file

6.- go play

:salute: :yay: :ar15:

Re: 1.03 Invalid Cdkey Solution

dont dl it yet you never know if its a keylogger or something, check for viruses first

Comment

Right Gunny, I've noticed that people are affraid to use the search button.

For anyone who reads here about the Invalid CD Key problem - you can run bf2cdkeycheck.exe from your computer, just follow the instructions from the posts Gunny Highway indicated.

Just remember - when you run that little program do not expect fireworks, intro movies or anythig. When I ran it I thought it didn't work cause I saw no window, pop up, nothing. However, when I launched the game it works now

Comment

Dont work, seen it posted lotsa times, stil get error.

Comment

Originally posted by gunner.b0b
          Just a thought, log on as administrator account and try again.

I feel your pain, i hope you get it fixed soon

Comment

Umm i am logged on as admin..., theres only one account on this comp and that IS Administrator! ( i like to live dangerously lol)

Comment

U gota have ur firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware disabled... they say.
              I didn't the patch yet tho.

Comment

yeh yeh done ALL that tried ALL the info "So Far" posted on 3 different forums, your suggestion about turning firewalls/spyware stoppers off was one of my first ideas.,. sorry nothing new there

Comment

Umm i am logged on as admin..., theres only one account on this comp and that IS Administrator! ( i like to live dangerously lol)
                  The reason i aksed was once i tried to install something or move files and it said i did not have access rights even if that user was an admin, you do like to live dangerously! leaving the admininstrator profile account clean is a good way to fix things. I was just thinking of the information that was posted on the inquirer.

Comment

EA's support site

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...i=&p_topview=1

Comment

Re: your support link....,Alas nope still dont work .., im beginning to think my key has been hijacked or something, you run 2k dont yah fluffydice?? did you get it to work at all?

<added> One thing h have noticed in the battle to try to logon to a server is, my stats refresh/update.

Everytime i logon (not to a server just into the bf2 game) after it doesnt allow me into the servers because of the invalid key, but i go to bf2s to look at stats ands it tells me my stats are going to be updated soon and im in a queue, how can this be when ive not even clocked up any points on servers as i cant login!. Doesnt say im playing anywhere so that kinda cuts out the key been hijacked ( i think :S ).

Wish EA/Dice/whoever could find a fix for this real soon, as effectivly my game is useless now

Comment

I read on the EA foums that the problem is linked to the fact that you need to install the patch with the same Windows account as you used to install the game.

Those with just the one user account (i.e. admin) don't seem to get this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                          I read on the EA foums that the problem is linked to the fact that you need to install the patch with the same Windows account as you used to install the game.

Those with just the one user account (i.e. admin) don't seem to get this problem.
                          It is most likely because it uses somekind of hash value to create the encryption key, and this would differ from each account, as the probably too something unike from each account to do this.

This was also mentioned in in the bigger thread on this topic here at tbf2, linked to above.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26725 only new thing is the fact with the Wndows account issue.

I wish things like encrypting the cd-key would have been mentioned in release notes to patch, so we didn't have to figure it out for ourselves. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan

ummmm.......

Comment

Working...
                            X