The patch created a new breed of commanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The patch created a new breed of commanders

They should make it where your team artillery doesnt hurt therefore the commanders who like to drop artillery on there own team wont be able to kill there own teammates

Comment

Guys, there is nothing to complain about. We can see artillary on our minimap. All you have to do is run out of the area...

Comment

The whole arty problem is easy to sort out.....

The commander gets TK's if he fires it into an area where his troops are all ready.

If a player runs, drives or flies into a freindly arty strike they get -2 for a suicide, same as blowing yourself up with C4.

If a player drives / flys other players into a freindly strike they get the TK's for the people they killed.

That way the commander gets punished for diliberate TK's. Players who don't listen to the comms channel or use the mini map and blunder into a strike get punished. I bet people will quickly learn if they are the ones getting punished.

Comment

Well it don't matter anyways now that commanders don't get ANY credit for arty kills whatsoever--enemy or not. AND...seeing as you don't get ANY team points for dropping supplies or clearing a flap point, there's really no incentive to BE a commander anymore.

They should've just left it alone. Leave the TK's for arty strikes. Leave the kill credits for enemy arty kills. The ONLY thing they should've changed was being able to collect a few TEAM points for dropping supplies and stuff. After all, you ARE helping your team with these assets.....DUUUHH!

Oh and the UAV....what a joke. You can no longer point and click the map when you're zoomed all the way out and have the UAV placed properly. Now you have to "zoom in" to able to accurately place the UAV.

Again....since commanders get NO POINTS for helping the team (they are SOLELY relying on the actual TEAM'S performance), and they don't get credit for enemy arty kills, then there's NO INCENTIVE for being commander anymore. It's just no fun whatsoever.

Expect to see a lot of servers withOUT commanders......

Comment

Originally posted by -=H2Yo=-
            Guys, there is nothing to complain about. We can see artillary on our minimap. All you have to do is run out of the area...
            Exactly my thoughts. No TKs from artillery isn't such a bad move in my eyes. You can anticipate it on the minimap when you're playing as infantry. You can't anticipate stupidity when you're playing as the commander.

Comment

Originally posted by DezemoDova
              the evil kind
              the kind that knows that he wont get TKs anymore and rains down artillery on everything and anything that moves

i knew it would happen -- there was enough jackasses out there TKing on purpose before -- know its the person who everyone depends on

damn
              This already happened. Now they're just more open about their idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by motorboatJones
                I had a commander today that was getting into helos and crashing every 3 mins. He even shot me one time for reasons I don't know. I asked him why he was running around and not hiding and commanding the action and he told me that he had to fight because the team sucked. I just could not believe it. He had like 3 points and had been killed about 10 times. I told him to hide and use the command menu for things like artillery and supply drops but he said he would rather be in the action. I could not believe what a moron he was. I left rather than play with a idiot like that.
                This guy was obviously an idiot but I hate that people think that commanders should hunker down in the spawn and command. I consider myself very proficient in the position of commander. I do everything a commander should do, but you know what else I do? I fight. I'm in there in the middle of it mixing it up. I think it gives me a better idea of how the battles really going.

Comment

#22 It would be easy to flame you for that comment But Ill keep it brief, This time.
                  Arctic, thats just not possible!

Comment

Working...
                  X